189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi chakravarthyvp,

I think its better you can arrange PCC and medi checks as soon as possible. Its stated in below link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

"If your application is in one of the categories listed below, ensure all relevant information and required supporting documentation has been provided to the department, including undertaking any outstanding health and character clearances before your application is allocated:

• priority Group 3
  • lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above for Priority Groups 4 or 5
  • lodged within three months of the dates listed in the Priority Exempt table above."

Hope this will help you.

Any way have they assign a CO for you yet?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

I applied for 189 visa on 24th Jan 2013 and waiting for CO. Hope it will take around 1 month. I already submitted Police certificate and expecting to do medicals on next week. Hope I don't have to wait till CO request to get medicals done. Can any one help me?

And also how long does it take to assess an application after CO's assignment?

Thanks a lot

Hi Yasara,

I too applied for the 189 visa on the 24th and applied for the clearance certificate last week. From what I've heard it is best to get your medicals done after the CO is assigned.

Also today I checked my visa app documents and some were in the received status along with today's date. So hoping to get a CO assigned soon.

Anyway good luck with your process :)

Hi Yasara,

I too applied for the 189 visa on the 24th and applied for the clearance certificate last week. From what I've heard it is best to get your medicals done after the CO is assigned.

Also today I checked my visa app documents and some were in the received status along with today's date. So hoping to get a CO assigned soon.

Anyway good luck with your process :)

Hi Dushanthan,

Nice to have some one who has submitted visa application on the same date as myself.

Thank you very much for suggestion. How long does it take to assign a CO? for 190 visa its around 2 - 3 weeks. I don't think it is same with 189 visa priority level is higher for 189 visa.

Its better that you applied for PCC as it normally takes more than a month to get an outcome.

Good luck with your process too

Cheers

Received my invite February 3rd, lodged application February 4th.... and now the waiting begins! Front loaded police checks and medicals so I have my fingers crossed that the process will happen relatively quickly. Very excited - I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!! :biggrin: Good luck to all in the same boat!

It take nearly a month to get a CO on 189.

Yasara, 190 received a CO in shorter time than 189, even in a few days.

I have done my medicals before receiving a CO, and when the CO arrived he asked nothing about the medicals because they were already submitted (but this means that you panel doctor must write Global Health to get an ID, its more complicates this way I think). On the other hand, if don't plan to get to Oz ASAP you must do the medicals when the CO arrives because you have 1 year to enter Oz from the time you did your medicals, at least this is what I have heard.

You can do how you please, but if it takes longer to do the medicals I suggest to do them before getting a CO.

All the best everybody

Edited by danuty2002

I have done my medicals before receiving a CO, and when the CO arrived he asked nothing about the medicals because they were already submitted (but this means that you panel doctor must write Global Health to get an ID, its more complicates this way I think). On the other hand, if don't plan to get to Oz ASAP you must do the medicals when the CO arrives because you have 1 year to enter Oz from the time you did your medicals, at least this is what I have heard.

You can do how you please, but if it takes longer to do the medicals I suggest to do them before getting a CO.

All the best everybody

Thanks danuty2002.

All the best everybody

Thanks daunty2002.

Hi Dushanthan,

Nice to have some one who has submitted visa application on the same date as myself.

Thank you very much for suggestion. How long does it take to assign a CO? for 190 visa its around 2 - 3 weeks. I don't think it is same with 189 visa priority level is higher for 189 visa.

Its better that you applied for PCC as it normally takes more than a month to get an outcome.

Good luck with your process too

Cheers

Hi Yasara,

Thanks for the info. Il look into the PCC process. I think il wait for the CO to be assigned as I am not using any agent.

I still havent been assigned a CO. This waiting sucks.

Well about your question on the last post. I think if your service letter and other docs are in order I don't think they will contact your employer, but better inform them beforehand as I already informed my HR regarding this.

Good luck again!

Hi,

Firstly i would like to know a few things :

What are the basic thing to keep in mind while submitting Skill Assessment?

What does certified documents means?

What document need to be upload ?

How much is the charges to pay ?

when should i go for islets exam?

How much time it take for the assessment?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Hi everyone

Just thought i'd join this post as I am also waiting on my CO being assigned.

189 Visa lodged docs uploaded 10/2/13

How did everyone who has front loaded their medicals go about it? Im wondering as I am keen to have these ready for my CO but when I rang Bridgewater medical practice they informed me that my TRN must be "Activated" before I can go ahead with my meds?

Please all keep in touch who has lodged their application around the same time, as I am interested in when we will all have our CO's!

Good Luck everyone!

Hi everyone

I lodged my 189 application on the 3/1/13 and still haven't heard from a CO yet!! We have our medicals this friday at Bridgewater medical practice. Everything else done and uploaded (skills assessment, nursing registration docs, degree, police checks, IELTS, certified copies of passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate). Have I missed anything?

Its a long waiting game now!

Hi Dani. There's been a couple of 189 threads recently but they quickly disappear off the bottom of the list.

I'd be really interested to know the timescales for 189 with Skillselect. DIAC say 12 months.

Has anyone had a 189 grant?

Coastie.

coastie what was the hold up after medicals? Forgive me for being to nosy in advance lol.

Hi everyone

I lodged my 189 application on the 3/1/13 and still haven't heard from a CO yet!! We have our medicals this friday at Bridgewater medical practice. Everything else done and uploaded (skills assessment, nursing registration docs, degree, police checks, IELTS, certified copies of passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate). Have I missed anything?

Its a long waiting game now!

hi Vanessa: I was the the 24 th of December and still no case officer either.its a painful waiting game.

Hi,

Firstly i would like to know a few things :

What are the basic thing to keep in mind while submitting Skill Assessment?

What does certified documents means?

What document need to be upload ?

How much is the charges to pay ?

when should i go for islets exam?

How much time it take for the assessment?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Hi Pradeep,

Certified documents mean that you have to certify copies of your certificates and other docs by legal officer.

Answers for all the other questions depends on the assessment authority. You can log on to relevant skill assessment authority web site and find out the details.

Cheers

Hi Pradeep,

Certified documents mean that you have to certify copies of your certificates and other docs by legal officer.

Answers for all the other questions depends on the assessment authority. You can log on to relevant skill assessment authority web site and find out the details.

Cheers

Thanks Yasara,

Assessement authority is Australian Computer Society

Certified means the legal officer will do some stamping on the original or photo copy document.

To apply for skill assessment do i need to upload certified documents or not ?

Do i need to also submit ielts documents or not ?

Thanks Yasara,

Assessement authority is Australian Computer Society

Certified means the legal officer will do some stamping on the original or photo copy document.

To apply for skill assessment do i need to upload certified documents or not ?

Do i need to also submit ielts documents or not ?

I am not sure exactly what ACS requirement is. My skill assessment was done by Engineers Australia. I had to submit all my details manually. I had to submit all the certified Docs, application for assessment, Assessment fee, IELTS when I am applying for skill assessment.

I think its better to do IELTS first. That should be the starting point. You better check ACS web site regarding skill assessment.

I am not sure exactly what ACS requirement is. My skill assessment was done by Engineers Australia. I had to submit all my details manually. I had to submit all the certified Docs, application for assessment, Assessment fee, IELTS when I am applying for skill assessment.

I think its better to do IELTS first. That should be the starting point. You better check ACS web site regarding skill assessment.

Hy guys. It really is a mess but you have to wait. I applied on December 6th and got a CO on January 30th. It seems that a lot of people wanna move to Australia. Beside this CO problem there is another one at MOC, where your referred medicals will stay at least 2 month. So be patient, there is no other way.

I sow people that are waiting on other visas for 4 years....

All the best & lots of cigarettes

Edited by danuty2002

Hi guys, I'm in similar boat. Lodged 189 visa application 7th jan 2013, still waiting to be allocated a CO. I decided to risk getting Medicals and pcc done this week, got fed up of being inactive! Still have up to another 5 weeks before getting a CO but I find it hard to do nothing when I know the next step. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't expire before I get the visa!

goodluck to everyone! I feel your pain!

coastie what was the hold up after medicals? Forgive me for being to nosy in advance lol.

I've absolutely no idea! I was told by the doctor that everything was okay. My BMI was one point into being overweight. Maybe that was it?

I went through an agent and she told me everything was fine so the delay may have been for something else.

I've visited some dodgy countries with work so it could have been that.

Coastie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will be the next step after submitting skill assessment ?

You have to wait until the outcome. Then only you can submit EOI.

After you certify the certificates and other documents for skill assessment keep a scanned copy with you, as you need scanned copies of education certificates and other documents when submitting visa application.