189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, I've just received a mail from Adelaide GSM Team 13 (not a CO) asking for Form 80, Form 1221 and Detailed Resume. Comments please...

Hi Syeem, Normally the actual letter from CO comes as an attachment. Please check the attachments for the detailed Case Officer information. Its common to request form 80 and 1221. My CO did not request them as I front-loaded them beforehand.

No, usually they get in touch by email to confirm they're allocated if you have any questions. Some people have mentioned the medical info changing within their application or items changing from received to met but I think it depends on whether your case officer is the type of person to update that as to whether it changes. Also I've heard rumours on here of people who have preloaded police and meds, the first they hear from the co is the grant as there wasn't anything else needed.

Just received my UK PCC and uploaded it. I also sent an email to my co with the pcc attached. I emailed to team 31 (my allocated team) but I received two acknowledgement email, one from team 31 and another from team 33. God knows what is happening. Waiting begins again....

Yeah, our PCCs took just over a couple of weeks for the standard service and mine and my OH's came back separately on different days which i wasn't expecting as they were both posted in the same envelope with 1 cheque.

I wish I knew largey, I guess it depends how much more information is needed assuming everything is there I've seen it anywhere from a few days to months.

Hi all,

I've been checking this thread regularly over the past few weeks and have found it really useful so I thought I would post our timeline thus far as I found out today (by calling Immigration) that we have been allocated a case officer!

My husband is the main applicant as a Civil Engineer and I am obviously aiming for a spouse visa.

We front loaded the PCC and medicals so I can't remember the precise date for those but here it is:

22nd May: Received skills assessment from Engineers Australia

22nd May: EOI submitted

3rd June: Invitation for 189 visa

3rd June: Lodged for 189 visa

26th July: CO assigned (Team 4 Adelaide)

The lady at the call centre in Immigration said that the CO may not contact us at all if they don't need anything further so just like everyone else, it's a waiting game!

Hi all,

I've been checking this thread regularly over the past few weeks and have found it really useful so I thought I would post our timeline thus far as I found out today (by calling Immigration) that we have been allocated a case officer!

My husband is the main applicant as a Civil Engineer and I am obviously aiming for a spouse visa.

We front loaded the PCC and medicals so I can't remember the precise date for those but here it is:

22nd May: Received skills assessment from Engineers Australia

22nd May: EOI submitted

3rd June: Invitation for 189 visa

3rd June: Lodged for 189 visa

26th July: CO assigned (Team 4 Adelaide)

The lady at the call centre in Immigration said that the CO may not contact us at all if they don't need anything further so just like everyone else, it's a waiting game!

Best of luck Sian :-) welcome to the club waiters :-P where are u coming from and where do u intend to live in aus?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi Haseeb,

All the best to you too :)

Sorry I should have mentioned in my original thread that my husband and I are onshore. We have been living in Brisbane for just over a year on his 457 visa. However we intend to move to Sydney just before new year. The main issue with our application for PR and why the waiting is so stressful is that I am studying towards a degree here in Australia but as an international student. The tuition fees for an international student are around $12,500 per semester. When we get PR that will reduce to around $4000 per semester. So, in a nutshell we are pretty desperate!!

Just wondering anyone with the same issue as me, my "Work Experience - Australian, Evidence Of - Employment Contract" is still showing "Required". I have uploaded so far "employment contract & employer's letter". Is there anything extra I need to upload? are your guys showing "required" as well?

Good news , 3rd july application picked by CO , may be our application will also be picked in next few days ?

@ranjith47 - please let us know if your application has a CO now ?

i hope so, i lodged my 189 on 5th June so hopefully get a CO soon, called immigration 2 days ago and found out that my application has been sent to Team 7 in Adelaide but no CO yet

finger crossed that we ll get it next week

Umshiva,

I might have a co now but I'm just speculating . I haven't called them but from what I hear from the other members who have applied on the same week or date as me, they've been assigned a co .

As they say, co's might not contact is when we've provided them with all documents which I have . So I'm still waiting in the dark basically .