189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi,

How long it took for you to get the ACS approval? I have submitted my application on 23rd April it was received on 26th April and yesterday it was showing at stage 4 "with assessor". So, I was wondering how long it should take further. I am a software engineer with 5 yrs exp and done my b.tech in Computer sc & engg.

Hi,

It took me close to 11 weeks for the ACS result. My status also moved to Stage-4 with assessor on Day 1 itself. As I had applied in November and there was a 3 week holiday period so it got a bit delayed I guess.

As I am active on other forums, so the current trend is 8-9 weeks for the results. You should expect your results by June end or July 1st week.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my VISA grant today. To those who helped me, thank you very much! Good luck to all!

Sharing my timeline:

Apr 4, 2014 - Positive CPAA Skills Assessment

Apr 4, 2014 - Expression of Interest (Subclass 189, 65 points)

Apr 14, 2014 - Invited to Apply

Apr 16, 2014 - Lodged 189 VISA

Apr 17, 2014 - Uploaded docs including PCC

May 8, 2014 - Medical

May 12, 2014 - CO Allocation

May 13, 2014 - Medical results uploaded by clinic

May 19, 2014 - VISA Grant (Thank you God!)

• 4 weeks later...
Based in Warrington, Cheshire - we used an agent in Sydney (George Lombard) and occupation we are emigrating under is Accountant (General) :)

Wonder does it make it faster using an agent over there, trying to understand why were still waiting for grant! Our agent is based here in Ireland as us! Delighted for you's doh must be a great feeling

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I am preparing to lodge visa 189 but I am still short of 6 months of experience to claim points against Professional work experience. At the same time, I am trying to switch my job now. I have been offered a contract temporary job for the same role. The contract will be for 2 months (you may understand it as a project based job). Although the job is contract based, but I will have to work for 40hours per week and will be paid as well. All I want to know is that if I take up this offer, will I be able to claim points for these 2 months of job role? If yes, then what will I need as the supporting documents of proof. If not, then I am willing to decline the offer and find a permanent job role rather.

Your views will be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice on when I need to apply for a PCC and getting my medicals done. I'm looking at applying for 189 onshore. I'm waiting for my ACS assessment to be complete (which will probably take another 11 weeks). From what I have read, I then need to submit an EOI and wait for an invitation.

The question I have is, when do I need to apply for my PCCs and get my medicals done? Is it after I get the invitation to apply or after a CO is appointed and requests for one?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice on when I need to apply for a PCC and getting my medicals done. I'm looking at applying for 189 onshore. I'm waiting for my ACS assessment to be complete (which will probably take another 11 weeks). From what I have read, I then need to submit an EOI and wait for an invitation.

The question I have is, when do I need to apply for my PCCs and get my medicals done? Is it after I get the invitation to apply or after a CO is appointed and requests for one?

Thanks.

Hi... You can apply for the medicals and PCC either once you lodge your visa or after your CO requests for them... Your choice... I would suggest to go for them as soon as visa lodging is complete to save time later ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone..!

I am all set to apply for the visa now. All documents in place. I have a very basic question. The australian immigration website says that you have to upload the attested copies of the documents on skillselect. My thought on this is that if we have to scan the document to be able to upload why should we not scan the original and upload? Why get it photocopied and attested and then scanned and uploaded.

Please share your views on the right way of doing the application and uploading the documents. I am sure there are several people here who have already got their grants, so I for me this is the best place to get hands on answer.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Hi, congratulations!

I'm applying to subclass 189 from overseas, I have uploaded all my documents and did my medical examination through emedical (despite it was submitted to DIBP on 4/10/2014 it still does not appear updated in my immiaccount page). Anyhow, I want to submitt my application because I am about to end the 60 day time limit. My problem here is that I can't find the way to do it!!!

When I click in "submit application" a message says that I have already submitted it...I checked all the page and can´t find the way to change status from "in progress" to "submitted". I also haven´t been able to to update from the 7/09, which was the day I made the official payment and the page to upload docs appeared magically.

Please heeeelp!

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hello Experts,

I applied 189 visa a year visa and my application was reject due to points dispute on ACS assessment and my experience. I have applied again after completing required work experience and got invitation for visa application. Whilst I was filling the application , I had a doubt on the section "Previous travel to Australia" . It talks about previous visa application as well. Therefore , I am thinking I should say "yes" eventhough I have never traveled to Australia . If I say yes , it asks about previous grants , previous visa etc . As the visa was rejected , I do not any such information . Could you suggest whether I should say and mark subsequent questions as "No" ( Previous grant , Previous visa etc )

Thanks

S

Hi everyone..!

I am all set to apply for the visa now. All documents in place. I have a very basic question. The australian immigration website says that you have to upload the attested copies of the documents on skillselect. My thought on this is that if we have to scan the document to be able to upload why should we not scan the original and upload? Why get it photocopied and attested and then scanned and uploaded.

Please share your views on the right way of doing the application and uploading the documents. I am sure there are several people here who have already got their grants, so I for me this is the best place to get hands on answer.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Don't worry about what the Document Checklist says on the .immi site. DIBP will DEFINITELY accept colour scans of original documents and they do not need to be certified.