dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

I have posted the same in expatforum as well. Posting it here hoping quick replies.

It would be really great if anyone can share their experiences and views. I have applied for 189 visa on 19/02/2014 and uploaded all documents except ME and PCC.

1) Will there be job verification call in all the 189 visa applications? I am a software engineer with ACS assessed experience of 4.8 yrs after deducting 2 years. I became eligible for 65 points after gaining experience in my current company which was not assessed by ACS (4 months). So should I expect a job verification call from the CO ?

2) If so, will they be directly calling on the telephone numbers available on the company website or will they ask for contact person and details? I am bit worried as I wish not to disclose to the current company about the visa application until my visa is granted.

3) Also, when should I proceed for medical examination and PCC. Shall I wait for the CO asking the same?

Awaiting for replies friends...

IELTS 7 DEC 2012|ACS 16 JUN 2012|+VE 18 SEP 2013|VIC SS 5 OCT 2013|REJ 18 OCT 2013|EOI 189 19 OCT 2013|INVITE 21 OCT 2013|LAPSED 20 DEC 2013|SECOND INVITE 13 JAN 2014|189 LODGED 19 FEB 2014

Edited by lebourvellec
Forum rules -external links

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I applied for my 189 visa in March 10. So far, I have provided all the documents needed. No CO has been assigned yet. The only missing thing is medical examinations. I have arranged HealthDeclarations early in March, I still have it in my immi account. My question is; should I go ahead and arrange the medicals now or wait until I get CO assigned? How long do the medicals usually last?

Many thanks in advance,

The medicals last 12 months from the date you have it done! If you're sure you'll get a grant in the next 12 months then go ahead! If you're not sure I'd hold back. Not sure how it works in Oz but I got an appointment the next week and the results were submitted the day after!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm kinda new to this forum so please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions. I just recently submitted my EOI (hopefully I get invited next week by Monday) claiming 65 points (Occupation: General Accountant, Experience: 5 years positively assessed by CPAA) and have a couple of questions in preparation for the lodging of VISA once I get invited.

1. What documents do I have to prepare as early as now? I’m planning to get my PCC already by next week. Can I upload that already when I lodge my VISA?
  2. What uploading tool do I use in the application/visa lodging – I read somewhere about ImmiAccount. How different is that from the Skillselect account used in submitting EOI? Should I transfer to that upon receipt of the invitation?
  3. In terms of VISA payment, do you have options of splitting costs? Like 2 credit cards to use or a combination of bank draft and credit card – is that even feasible?
  4. When do you suggest I get my medical tests. I’m positive I’m gonna be able to process within the next 12 months so was wondering if taking the medical test in advance prior to the CO advice will speed up the process.

I know at some point these may have already been answered and I apologize for asking them again. But any help you would extend is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I'm kinda new to this forum so please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions. I just recently submitted my EOI (hopefully I get invited next week by Monday) claiming 65 points (Occupation: General Accountant, Experience: 5 years positively assessed by CPAA) and have a couple of questions in preparation for the lodging of VISA once I get invited.

1. What documents do I have to prepare as early as now? I’m planning to get my PCC already by next week. Can I upload that already when I lodge my VISA?

2. What uploading tool do I use in the application/visa lodging – I read somewhere about ImmiAccount. How different is that from the Skillselect account used in submitting EOI? Should I transfer to that upon receipt of the invitation?

3. In terms of VISA payment, do you have options of splitting costs? Like 2 credit cards to use or a combination of bank draft and credit card – is that even feasible?

4. When do you suggest I get my medical tests. I’m positive I’m gonna be able to process within the next 12 months so was wondering if taking the medical test in advance prior to the CO advice will speed up the process.

I know at some point these may have already been answered and I apologize for asking them again. But any help you would extend is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi,

1)-After you receive ITA you should upload your relevent documents within 60days, so plenty of time. However you may prepare certified copies/scann-color of your documents such us: birth certificate, passport, references from work, payslips, letter whith positive skill assessment, IELTS TRF, marriage certificate.

2)-3)- when you receive ITA, you have the possibility to creeate an immiaccount directly from skillselect, where you have to fill in a 20pages questionnaire, when you finish the payment is required , which cannot be split (at least I couldn't) and after payment you are able to upload relevant documents. Immi account is not a complicated application.

4) it is recommended not to get your medicals before you are required because they expire after 12month, there are people who get them upfront, it is up to you.

I hope that i haven't missed anything. :)

Edited by July78

With point 4 - if you're getting your PCC next week then you may as well do your medical as well. You must enter Australia within 12 months of the older of your PCC or medical! It may be worth waiting...once you're contacted by your CO you'll have a rough idea of how long it'll take. It could be months before a CO contacts you and then you're left with a very short turnaround time!!

Hope this helps :)

[PDF][/PDF]

Hi,

1)-After you receive ITA you should upload your relevent documents within 60days, so plenty of time. However you may prepare certified copies/scann-color of your documents such us: birth certificate, passport, references from work, payslips, letter whith positive skill assessment, IELTS TRF, marriage certificate.

2)-3)- when you receive ITA, you have the possibility to creeate an immiaccount directly from skillselect, where you have to fill in a 20pages questionnaire, when you finish the payment is required , which cannot be split (at least I couldn't) and after payment you are able to upload relevant documents. Immi account is not a complicated application.

4) it is recommended not to get your medicals before you are required because they expire after 12month, there are people who get them upfront, it is up to you.

I hope that i haven't missed anything. :)

thank you very much for this. Certainly enlightened me on the process.

With point 4 - if you're getting your PCC next week then you may as well do your medical as well. You must enter Australia within 12 months of the older of your PCC or medical! It may be worth waiting...once you're contacted by your CO you'll have a rough idea of how long it'll take. It could be months before a CO contacts you and then you're left with a very short turnaround time!!

Hope this helps :)

hi Teacher Ben. This definitely helped. I hope the CO won't take so long to contact me after I lodge my application but pretty positive Im gonna be able to process the papers hopefully in less than a year or 6 months. But will take note of this.

if I decide to get my medical exam (before the invite) wont the doctor ask for a referral from the CO? I guess my question as well is, it's the clinic/doctor that forwards the results to the immigration right (or am I mistaken?) - so how will Immigration be able to match my results and application if I still didnt lodge my VISA and immigration doesnt have my account just yet? Or is it me who's gonna upload some medical files from the clinic?

Maybe to be really safe I'll just get my medical exam after I lodge my VISA.

i really am sorry if i sound too stupid. I know I should be reading more.

I done medicals before I lodged visa and got visa in 28 days. .I think it speeds things up as co can grant as soon as they look at visa rather than looking n then having to request things n wait for your response etc

Hi thank you for this. How was your clinic able to forward your results when you havent lodged your VISA yet (meaning u still have no account with DIAC)?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Teacherben

Do you know whether my husband can enter Australia before me. I am the main applicant and he wants to go and have a look before we move with the children early Jan. If not I assume he can go on a visitor visa.

Edited by ash128

Hi,

My profile is below, Will MSc computer science degree (distance learning) be eligible for 2611-ICT Business and Systems Analysts application?

1. B Com-1999-Regular

2. PGDIT- (Post Graduate Diploma in Information Tecnology)-2001 - Distance learning

3. MSc Computer Science-2004- Distance learning

4. Working Since-2001 in IT sector

5. Approx-10 years of experience as Business/System Analyst

Cheers

SX

Edited by Ssuren

Hi Teacherben

Do you know whether my husband can enter Australia before me. I am the main applicant and he wants to go and have a look before we move with the children early Jan. If not I assume he can go on a visitor visa.

Hi Ash128...he'll be able to go on a visitor visa - as you're the main applicant I don't think the visa will be activated until you enter the country for the first time, at least that's my understanding!

Hope that helps :)

Hi Teacherben

Be careful! It's my understanding that if you have been granted your permanent residency visa then applying for and being granted another visa will mean that your PR visa will cease!!! It says it in the grant letter!

As far as I'm aware, your husband can enter Australia before you even though you are the main applicant. As long as you all enter before the deadline stated in your visa then you will have no problems. Double check on this but I'm pretty confident that I'm right.

Be careful! It's my understanding that if you have been granted your permanent residency visa then applying for and being granted another visa will mean that your PR visa will cease!!! It says it in the grant letter!

As far as I'm aware, your husband can enter Australia before you even though you are the main applicant. As long as you all enter before the deadline stated in your visa then you will have no problems. Double check on this but I'm pretty confident that I'm right.

Fair enough! I'd double check...maybe ask one of the migration agents on here? I'm sure they'd know for sure!!!

Hello Stevie

Thanks, will find out from the CO, what part of Perth are you settling to and when are you moving. We have not been to see Perth but have family there and we looking to move in Jan next year as our entry date is by mid Feb.

Hello Stevie

Thanks, will find out from the CO, what part of Perth are you settling to and when are you moving. We have not been to see Perth but have family there and we looking to move in Jan next year as our entry date is by mid Feb.

Hi ash,

No worries. If you have nil conditions on your visa just like us, then your hubby can definitely go out first. Saw on another thread there a highly regarded registered migration agent confirming this.

My wife and I are moving out this Oct! We are going to stay with friends in Beechboro until we find ourselves jobs and a rental. We have lived previously in Perth for 2 years 2010-2012 and lived in Inglewood and double view. Would love to live in Joondalup if we can find relevant jobs around there.

Feeling excited and nervous at the same time! At least this time we won't have to run around looking for household items as we have most of our stuff in a 20ft storage container!

What part of Perth are your family situated?

Hi, I am a computer engineer and I have total work experience of 5 years 4 months. My ACS process has just started, now I was wondering that how long it is going to take to complete my ACS. I know, average time it takes is 12 weeks but as I am from computer engineering background and have been working in IT industry for 5 years, so can that impact my ACS process to complete earlier? My current ACS status is Allocated.

How much experience ACS will consider for me, entire 5 yr 4 months or 3 yr 4 months?

Please let me know if anyone of you has any information.

Hi,

I had applied for subclass 189 Visa under role code 263111 - Computer Networks and Systems Engineer on 18 March 2014 and had front loaded all the documents. I haven't got any communication from DIBP yet nor a case officer being allocated. Is there anyone else on this forum who applied around the same dates and is still waiting?

I emaliled the CO ans she said hubby can travel on his own as there are no conditions. It woulld be better if he went over before us and settles and gets a job. Our family is in lansdale so will be living with them for few months before renting a place.

Hi,

I had applied for subclass 189 Visa under role code 263111 - Computer Networks and Systems Engineer on 18 March 2014 and had front loaded all the documents. I haven't got any communication from DIBP yet nor a case officer being allocated. Is there anyone else on this forum who applied around the same dates and is still waiting?

Hi,

How long it took for you to get the ACS approval? I have submitted my application on 23rd April it was received on 26th April and yesterday it was showing at stage 4 "with assessor". So, I was wondering how long it should take further. I am a software engineer with 5 yrs exp and done my b.tech in Computer sc & engg.