189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Thanks dewi,

Yes I read about it, My new passport will arrive in 2 weeks time so will update it as soon as possible. Hopefully I get my CO appointed during that time. Is there any significance of doc status changing to "received".

IF it says received, then it means you already ahve a CO and will be ad irect grant if no other documents needed...well this is from my experience.....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Chami,

It would be really great if I get a direct grant. It has been more than a week since the status has changed and was well before I submitted my meds and PCC. I don't understand what is causing such delay and the CO didnt ask me for PCC and meds. This is causing my thinking to run wild.

Thanks Chami,

It would be really great if I get a direct grant. It has been more than a week since the status has changed and was well before I submitted my meds and PCC. I don't understand what is causing such delay and the CO didnt ask me for PCC and meds. This is causing my thinking to run wild.

If your document status is changing to 'received' - you already have a CO - if you front loaded all docs, you are just waiting for a decision on a grant. If you're that worried, just call them and ask for status update.

If your document status is changing to 'received' - you already have a CO - if you front loaded all docs, you are just waiting for a decision on a grant. If you're that worried, just call them and ask for status update.

Thanks coolbreeze,

Is there a way I can send them an email about this? I didnt upload all the documents at first. Meds and pcc were pending, The status showed received before i uploaded my meds and pcc. Some communication from the CO would have actually helped.

not long to go for you eh? fingers crossed.

CountingStars- my correpondence page is empty although I have received email with grant letter. I got worired and did check online and apparently it is a system issue. SO it should arrive as an email and mine came from a generic email from the the team in adelaide. Perhaps call them because it sounds like yours has been in the process for too long.

How did the medical go mate?

Hi Vandeux

Meds were fine - They had them all uploaded after 2 days. X-Ray, Eye Sight test, Bloods, Prodding and poking done and then told to go home. Cost 67 pound for the medical from Bangkok Nursing Home (which is actually a hospital)

You had your arranged for this half term too, didn't you?

We have another 2 weeks (approx) for Thai PCC's to arrive so I think, if you've had your meds now - you may be getting your grant before us :) I'm planning on emailing my CO directly with those attachments too, just to make a point and hope for a quick response on her end....

It so bloody tense waiting, right?

Hi Vandeux

Meds were fine - They had them all uploaded after 2 days. X-Ray, Eye Sight test, Bloods, Prodding and poking done and then told to go home. Cost 67 pound for the medical from Bangkok Nursing Home (which is actually a hospital)

You had your arranged for this half term too, didn't you?

We have another 2 weeks (approx) for Thai PCC's to arrive so I think, if you've had your meds now - you may be getting your grant before us :) I'm planning on emailing my CO directly with those attachments too, just to make a point and hope for a quick response on her end....

It so bloody tense waiting, right?

Mate, it is doing my nut in! We have our medicals on Tuesday. It was the soonest appointment they had. Maybe because there are three of us. Ours are £225 each . . . not sure if we need extra tests due to tattoos . . . :P Just want to get it done. Got one more police check to come back and that is due tomorrow. So by the end of the week everything will be uploaded and wait and see. Waiting something I have down to a fine art!

As soon as I know I will let you know. :)

CountingStars- my correpondence page is empty although I have received email with grant letter. I got worired and did check online and apparently it is a system issue. SO it should arrive as an email and mine came from a generic email from the the team in adelaide. Perhaps call them because it sounds like yours has been in the process for too long.

Chami we got notification of refusal reason was that we were allocated CO back in October and the asked for extra documentation to be submitted within 28days and we recieved nothing. After calling DIBP twice in Nov and once in Jan we were told no correspondence or notes had been left by CO. So first correspondence is actually the refusal. Even now logging into immi there still shows no correspondence but clicking my preferences shows 3 messages sent to email but all dated 22-02-14. It's absolutely ridiculous. Now we have to email CO to explain but I doubt they'll overturn decision. What exactly is the online system glitch??

Edited by CountingStars

Oh no CountingStars....I don't know about the glitch exactly but I googled it- cos mine it says view grant lettr, but i cannot view it. And i searched for similar stories, and saw a few. I cannot speak with certainty that those stories are accurate or even real. If I were you, I would probably explain the situation and send screenshots of the immi account and evidence of not receiving any correspondence. If you have any. Better to email than not try right? if you know you worked hard for it and are true- i wonder if they might ask you to resubmit Pccs OR MEDS if theya re more than a year old? Who knows....Good luck! Sorry to hear of this.

Oh no CountingStars....I don't know about the glitch exactly but I googled it- cos mine it says view grant lettr, but i cannot view it. And i searched for similar stories, and saw a few. I cannot speak with certainty that those stories are accurate or even real. If I were you, I would probably explain the situation and send screenshots of the immi account and evidence of not receiving any correspondence. If you have any. Better to email than not try right? if you know you worked hard for it and are true- i wonder if they might ask you to resubmit Pccs OR MEDS if theya re more than a year old? Who knows....Good luck! Sorry to hear of this.

We have taken screenshots now and will send them off. And written a letter explaining the situation. maybe I could used these forum posts as evidence too haha!! (constantly complaining no contact from CO)

It is also lucky we called DIBP on the general enquiries number 3 times and told nothing had been updated.

Meds and PCC are not a yr old yet- not til july at least.

Hi Guys,

I got couple of question where I would require suggestions regarding EOI

(I'm asking these questions on behalf of my sister and her application for sub class 189)

Question 1: Getting 5 points for "Australian Work Experience / Working in a closely related Skilled Occupation in Australia"

Background Summary: She has already applied for EOI on 12th Feb 2014 as her ACS assessment was positive for "Developer Programmer" as Recent Graduate wanting recent Australian experience considered. She has been working part-time (20H per week) in the job role which is relevant to Developer Programmer (ACS code 261312) since 10th Dec 2012.

Since 1 year of recent australian experience was included to ACS was filed on 16th DEC 2013, which makes 1 full year of part-time work experience.

Confusion area: When we applied for EOI(12/02/2014) the point break down did not provide her with 5 points for "One year Australian work experience in the two years before lodging an application", therefore her total is 60 points.

Shouldn't the total be inclusive of 5 points for - 1 year of australian work experience

OR

Does the 1 year experience starts from the date you received the ACS letter?

Date of Effect 12/02/2014 20:00:47

Age 25 - 32 30

English Language Ability Proficient English - IELTS 7 or Equivalent 10

Level of educational qualification attained At least a Bachelor Degree 15

Years of experience in Nominated Occupation - in Australia within the last 10 years. Less than 1 Year 0 (This is what I'm confused for)

Years of experience in a Nominated Occupation - overseas within the last 10 years. Less than 1 Year 0

Australian Study Requirement - for skilled migration Meets the Australian study requirement for skilled migration points test 5

SkillSelect

Skilled - Independent

(Subclass 189)

(Permanent)

TOTAL 60

Question 2:

The visa expiry is 15/03/2014 and we were expecting, like everyone else, to see the invitation by today as it is 4th Monday of the month. Nothing received so far.

In case there is no invitation on 10/03/2014 (next invitation round), we are planning to apply for Graduate Skill Visa- SC 485, which which will put Bridging Visa A in effect from the time of submission of the application.

VIsa 485 grant may take time to happen, so in case we do receive an invite for EOI then she may apply for SC 189 BUT she will go on Bridging Visa C (cannot work).

Right now as she has started working full time from Jan 2014:

1. she is on probation

2. with no work right, getting job back again in your own field these days it surely hard.

What do you guys suggest for the issue with visa expiry?

I was considering if the points were to be included and total was 65, definitely there will be some better ranking compared to when having 60 points.

Is there a way to confirm the points or anyone of you have come across this scenario?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I got couple of question where I would require suggestions regarding EOI

(I'm asking these questions on behalf of my sister and her application for sub class 189)

Question 1: Getting 5 points for "Australian Work Experience / Working in a closely related Skilled Occupation in Australia"

Background Summary: She has already applied for EOI on 12th Feb 2014 as her ACS assessment was positive for "Developer Programmer" as Recent Graduate wanting recent Australian experience considered. She has been working part-time (20H per week) in the job role which is relevant to Developer Programmer (ACS code 261312) since 10th Dec 2012.

Since 1 year of recent australian experience was included to ACS was filed on 16th DEC 2013, which makes 1 full year of part-time work experience.

Confusion area: When we applied for EOI(12/02/2014) the point break down did not provide her with 5 points for "One year Australian work experience in the two years before lodging an application", therefore her total is 60 points.

Shouldn't the total be inclusive of 5 points for - 1 year of australian work experience

OR

Does the 1 year experience starts from the date you received the ACS letter?

Date of Effect 12/02/2014 20:00:47

Age 25 - 32 30

English Language Ability Proficient English - IELTS 7 or Equivalent 10

Level of educational qualification attained At least a Bachelor Degree 15

Years of experience in Nominated Occupation - in Australia within the last 10 years. Less than 1 Year 0 (This is what I'm confused for)

Years of experience in a Nominated Occupation - overseas within the last 10 years. Less than 1 Year 0

Australian Study Requirement - for skilled migration Meets the Australian study requirement for skilled migration points test 5

SkillSelect

Skilled - Independent

(Subclass 189)

(Permanent)

TOTAL 60

Question 2:

The visa expiry is 15/03/2014 and we were expecting, like everyone else, to see the invitation by today as it is 4th Monday of the month. Nothing received so far.

In case there is no invitation on 10/03/2014 (next invitation round), we are planning to apply for Graduate Skill Visa- SC 485, which which will put Bridging Visa A in effect from the time of submission of the application.

VIsa 485 grant may take time to happen, so in case we do receive an invite for EOI then she may apply for SC 189 BUT she will go on Bridging Visa C (cannot work).

Right now as she has started working full time from Jan 2014:

1. she is on probation

2. with no work right, getting job back again in your own field these days it surely hard.

What do you guys suggest for the issue with visa expiry?

I was considering if the points were to be included and total was 65, definitely there will be some better ranking compared to when having 60 points.

Is there a way to confirm the points or anyone of you have come across this scenario?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

UPDATE:

Please disregard these questions as I was re-checking the EOI and found out the employment date was added as DEC 13:wacko: instead of DEC 12:daydreaming:

I've updated her EOI which has put the application on today's VISA EFFECT Date i.e. 24/02/14 but oh well, atleast with 65 points now.

I hope 65 points EOI should get called by next round,

What an critical error by us at the time of visa expiry less than a month!

Thanks

Im not claiming points for employment..do I need to fill this in on my application? It asks if I have been employed in the past ten years...I have so far said no as I dont want them asking for references for that as it would just be a pain..is it ok to say no? Ive not paid the visa fee yet just doing the form first

You can still list the years of employment but do not claim them as skilled employment. In this way, your claim for employment will be 0 points and you do not have to submit any documents re employment. I personally would include this information, as it shows that you have been employed all those years.

Hi,

I've been checking the reports on Skillselect Report section and noticed the Visa effect Date difference between 10th Feb 2014 invitations for SC 189,

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 653]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]2613[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]65[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]31/1/2014 2.02 am[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

refer :http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-10022014/

Where as for 27th Jan 2014 for the same occupation ID it was 20/08/2013?

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 653]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]2613[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]60[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]20/08/2013 11.10 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

refer: http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-27012014/

Is that information published on DIAC website correct and does it mean they kind of wrapped up 4-5 months in a single round from Jan to Feb 2014?

Thanks

Edited by br4t
references added