189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi Kellie23,

It seems from your previous posts you're from Kent?? I'm in the UK too and the PCC is different from the CRB check (now renamed the DBS)!! The PCC (in the UK its known as the 'ACPO Police Certificate') needs to be applied for here: www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx . It takes about 10 days (ish) to receive back. Costs £45 to get as well (£80 for a 2 day preium service)! Everything seems to cost a lot for the visa!!

I really didn't take long for mine - I was surprised how quickly it came through. Like you I am healthy, with no convictions but still expected it to take 12 months (as it said on the website when I applied). I'm not planning on moving out until January 2015 - I teach so will leave my job at the end of the year, and be out there for the beginning of their school year. I had 75 points, but from talking to others on the site it seems to have been happening far quicker recently so hopefully you'll hear sooner rather than later. Hence why I started applying in July 2013 with the hope of having a decision by July 2014!! Am visiting Oz in September to activate my visa as this has to be done by 2nd December! What skill are you and your OH coming on??

teacherben

Edited by TeacherBen

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kellie23,

It seems from your previous posts you're from Kent?? I'm in the UK too and the PCC is different from the CRB check (now renamed the DBS)!! The PCC (in the UK its known as the 'ACPO Police Certificate') needs to be applied for here: www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx . It takes about 10 days (ish) to receive back. Costs £45 to get as well (£80 for a 2 day preium service)! Everything seems to cost a lot for the visa!!

I really didn't take long for mine - I was surprised how quickly it came through. Like you I am healthy, with no convictions but still expected it to take 12 months (as it said on the website when I applied). I'm not planning on moving out until January 2015 - I teach so will leave my job at the end of the year, and be out there for the beginning of their school year. I had 75 points, but from talking to others on the site it seems to have been happening far quicker recently so hopefully you'll hear sooner rather than later. Hence why I started applying in July 2013 with the hope of having a decision by July 2014!! Am visiting Oz in September to activate my visa as this has to be done by 2nd December! What skill are you and your OH coming on??

teacherben

Hi Ben,

thats fantastic, yes we are in Kent. We plan to go soon as we have visas and house is sold. Where abouts you heading to? My husbands a HGV mechanic so going on his skills. At the moment I'm a childminder but my main experience and qualifications before having my children are working with adults and children with learning disabilities or autism. Love my work and hoping once my youngest goes to school I can continue working in care sector in oz. Don't think they ask about my work do they? For visas. We are applying on hubby's skills, on skills shortage list as a diesel mechanic

Hi everyone,

New to POMSINOZ but I find this forum very informative.I have applied for visa 189 at 65 points.My case officer has just asked for 2 outstanding documents though I had already uploaded everything.

1)
Work experience
-I had already uploaded my work experience certificate which I obtained from Ministry of health Saudi Arabia in March 2010(when I came to Australia in June 2010),this categorically states my entire work period of 8 years.I also gave them the present work experience certificate which I obtained from HUNTER NEW ENGLAND Health service where I have worked since September 2011,now my CO officer is asking for payslips,income tax returns etc?? presumably from Both KSA and Australia.Australia I can provide but KSA after 3.5 yrs is going to be difficult.

2)
Police clearance
from Saudi Arabia and India(my country of origin)-

It is already mentioned in the DIBP website that Saudi Arabia does not issue Police clearance certificates for foreign National not present in the country and it is impossible to get one now that I am in Australia.

Sorry for the long story but my question is how to explain all this to the case officer ? and how technical can these points be in view the proofs that I have already provided the CO.

Hi everyone,

New to POMSINOZ but I find this forum very informative.I have applied for visa 189 at 65 points.My case officer has just asked for 2 outstanding documents though I had already uploaded everything.

1)
Work experience
-I had already uploaded my work experience certificate which I obtained from Ministry of health Saudi Arabia in March 2010(when I came to Australia in June 2010),this categorically states my entire work period of 8 years.I also gave them the present work experience certificate which I obtained from HUNTER NEW ENGLAND Health service where I have worked since September 2011,now my CO officer is asking for payslips,income tax returns etc?? presumably from Both KSA and Australia.Australia I can provide but KSA after 3.5 yrs is going to be difficult.

2)
Police clearance
from Saudi Arabia and India(my country of origin)-

It is already mentioned in the DIBP website that Saudi Arabia does not issue Police clearance certificates for foreign National not present in the country and it is impossible to get one now that I am in Australia.

Sorry for the long story but my question is how to explain all this to the case officer ? and how technical can these points be in view the proofs that I have already provided the CO.

If you follow this link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf you can read on page 76

Non-Saudi citizens

Currently non-Saudi citizens are unable to obtain a police certificate from Saudi Arabia. However, you will need to provide DIAC with a copy of your final exit document, and, if you were employed while in Saudi Arabia, a letter from your previous employer.

Hi,

Got my Visa Grant. Wanted to thank all the members here for invaluable support and information.

Unfortunately, I cant shift to Aus right now due to some new turn of events.

However, I intend to use it after 1 year.

The visa says I need to enter Australia once before Oct 2014 to keep my visa valid.

Is there any requirement on number of days I need to spend in Aus on the first visit.

Also, is there something like minimum number of days I need to spend in Aus each year to keep my 189 alive.

thanks

ritesh

If you follow this link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf you can read on page 76

Non-Saudi citizens

Currently non-Saudi citizens are unable to obtain a police certificate from Saudi Arabia. However, you will need to provide DIAC with a copy of your final exit document, and, if you were employed while in Saudi Arabia, a letter from your previous employer.

Hi,

Got my Visa Grant. Wanted to thank all the members here for invaluable support and information.

Unfortunately, I cant shift to Aus right now due to some new turn of events.

However, I intend to use it after 1 year.

The visa says I need to enter Australia once before Oct 2014 to keep my visa valid.

Is there any requirement on number of days I need to spend in Aus on the first visit.

Also, is there something like minimum number of days I need to spend in Aus each year to keep my 189 alive.

thanks

ritesh

congrats! When did you apply may I ask? Agent/self?

Lodged my 189 visa on 14th January 2014. I have begun uploading the documents now and trying to retrieve documents to send off for a PCC from both Thailand and UK.

Just waiting for a final few pieces for de facto relationship proof and waiting for immi to fix my account so I can add documents for my partner (2nd applicant). Fingers crossed we can get a CO before too long

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused. Some people are saying that they submitted their visa application and had their medical and police checks done before being allocated a case officer. On the website it states that you will be told to this once allocated a case officer. We submitted our application at the beginning of the month. Should we wait or start getting things done now?

Thanks in advance

Hi jgroot,

It's up to you really! I waited until my CO asked because I wasn't in a rush for my grant - it still happened really quickly - I think I got an appointment for about 5 days later. However some people like to front load the medical so the CO has all the info needed to make a decision ASAP. Same with the police check. If you're not in a rush just remember that your date of entry to Oz must be 12 months after the earlier of the Police certificate or the medical!

Hope this helps,

Teacherben

I am arranging medicals based on the information provided on the immi account that provides you with the required tests needed via the referral letter. (Link that says "arrange health examination")

I know that medicals and PCC's are required for 189 visa so thought i'd organise them once application status changed to "in progress." I have timed the medicals for 4 weeks time - I am anticipating we have a case officer in about 6 weeks time. This should all time itself smoothly then. Like teacherben said, if you are not in a rush you can wait for CO to ask for them. But they will ask for them (if applying for 189).

I imagine however prepared or how ever many documents I have loaded before being appointed a CO, there will inevitability be documents I will be asked for in addition. Otherwise, it would seem all to easy :)

Has any January 14 applicants been allocated a caseworker worker yet. I applied three weeks ago and still waiting

Reading through the forum, it seems those who lodged in late November/early December are now saying they are being appointed CO's. I know this isn't a definitive way of knowing when you will get one. But perhaps this is an indication of how they process the applications. I lodged on 13th Jan ( just over 1 week) and so am not expecting anything until at least end of February / early March....

Hi jgroot,

If you're not in a rush just remember that your date of entry to Oz must be 12 months after the earlier of the Police certificate or the medical!

hi teacherben, does this mean that you can move (or go on a recci) until 12 months after the police/meds (or do you mean before 12 months). Sorry if i am being a bit dim!

I got medical & police certs done prior to the visa application and uploaded bank statements, tax clearance forms from Ireland and Oz, payslips etc. basically anything they could possibly ask for (based on the checklist they provide and reading through the forums here). First contact from IMMI (Adelaide office) was to say I was granted the visa.

04/09/2013 - ACS application (261111)

12/09/2013 - Oz police cert application

13/09/2013 - Irish police cert application

17/09/2013 - Oz police cert received

21/09/2013 - IELTS exam

04/10/2013 - IELTS results (L 9.0, R 8.0, W 8.5, S 9.0)

25/10/2013 - Irish police cert received

01/11/2013 - Medical

10/12/2013 - ACS result

16/12/2013 - EOI invitation

16/12/2013 - Visa application

21/01/2014 - Visa approved

I got medical & police certs done prior to the visa application and uploaded bank statements, tax clearance forms from Ireland and Oz, payslips etc. basically anything they could possibly ask for (based on the checklist they provide and reading through the forums here). First contact from IMMI (Adelaide office) was to say I was granted the visa.

21/09/2013 - IELTS exam

01/11/2013 - Medical

10/12/2013 - ACS result

Congratulations on the quick turnaround from Application to Grant. Very good going

Hi All,

I have lost my IELTS TRF after I submitted the EOI. I have got the invitation recently and I am not sure what to do?

Can I just supply with the TRF number as it is asked for? or do I need to get IDP to send a copy to DIBP after CO is assigned?

Many Thanks,

21/09/2013 - IELTS exam

01/11/2013 - Medical

10/12/2013 - ACS result

Hi can you tell me what skill you applied under?