189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Forgive me if there is already a thread going for this but thought it would be useful to keep track of everyone who has lodged their 189 visa.. i know there are plenty of 190 visa threads..

we have just lodged our visa and would love to see where everyone else is with theirs :biggrin:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi.

I had my letter this morning from DIAC confirming that they have a received a valid application. Great!

According to DIAC website, the processing time for 189 visa is 12 months. If I got my medicals done now, they may be invalid by the time I get a visa grant.

Obviously hoping it will be ALOT sooner than that!

Coastie..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No..no CO yet. But in eVisa there is a button "organize medicals". Dont you have it above your "attach documents" -list?

Medicals went ok. The Sydney Medibank was like a factory. Migrants flowing from room to another room in a constant flow. First xray, then pee, then blood and finally getting naked.

Hi,

I'm from South Wales in the UK. We are planning on going to Perth but keeping options open.

I'm going through an agent so I don't have access to my online bits. She has. I've been sent a medical referral letter which she got off the system but she told me to wait and she'll let me know when they are required.

I'm not getting made redundant until March 2014 so I'm not panicking just yet. Having said that its still really frustrating waiting for each stage of the process!

Coastie.

• 2 months later...

Waiting is always the hardest part of the game.....

eoi invite lodged 12 dec 2012. All documents and medical checks completed or uploaded on site.

No news from CO......

:err:

Five week deadline will arrive on the 16 jan.

seeing your threads about a potential 7 - 8 week allocation time, I am losing my marbles..........

Hy all,

I lodged my application on 6th of December, and although I still don't have a CO I have done my medicals on 14th December, but I am waiting for a CO to give me an ID so that will enable my panel doctor to upload them. My question is: what is the timeline between lodging the application and receiving a CO ( I must add the time lost with the holidays).

Thx a lot and good to luck to all of you..

Hy all,

I lodged my application on 6th of December, and although I still don't have a CO I have done my medicals on 14th December, but I am waiting for a CO to give me an ID so that will enable my panel doctor to upload them. My question is: what is the timeline between lodging the application and receiving a CO ( I must add the time lost with the holidays).

Thx a lot and good to luck to all of you..

It varies depending on the workload they have at any given time. I lodged my 189 visa app on the 8th Nov12, CO assigned 5th Dec12 and visa granted 10th Jan13

Goodluck

Hi Gang, I have submitted 189 visa application on 2nd Nov 2012. CO has been assigned on 5th December 2012. I have sent PCC and medicals on 4th Jan 2013. Received email on 16th Jan 2013 from CO that "Your assessment will happen in next few weeks, keep patience during this time." - Waiting now....... ( I will also have to pay VAC2 for my spouse..) .. Any idea, how much time the assessment takes ?

CO that "Your assessment will happen in next few weeks, keep patience during this time."

It is just like your CO said. It will take some time due to the fact that MOC are very busy. I read that assessing the medicals can take 2 month, but you are at the end of a long journey. Waiting is difficult, we all can say that, but patience and the big letter will come soon.

Edited by danuty2002
problems with the language when tired:D

Hi everyone,

I lodged my 189 visa application on 24/01/2013 and uploaded necessary documents. Hoping to get a CO assigned soon. I noticed from the posts that it takes almost a month for a CO to be assigned. I will have to wait that long then. Anyway hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone!

I am having trouble to view the application and the visa receipt. Does anyone know why is it? Or will i be able to view them only after the CO is assigned? Some kind help would do as I am applying by myself and not using an agent.

Thanks

Hi Dushanthan, Most of the times, applicants are not able to view their application, fee receipt due to system issues. Their system is not stable yet. But do not worry, once CO will assign, he/she will send email to you and ask if any thing is missing or required. So just relax and sit back for few weeks. (Even I faced issue while organizing medical through System for few weeks but it got resolved over the time. - so, it's very common.)

hi everyone.. we lodged our 189 on 23.10.12, CO requested medicals and police checks on 15.11.12.. had our medicals on the 3.01.13 and the hospital struggled to upload our documents but that was all cleared last week so now just waiting for the visa!! hopefully it wont be too long.. its amazing how impatient i have been the last week considering we started this whole process over 18 months ago.. hope all is going well for everyone else!

Hi Guys,

I applied for 189 visa on 24th Jan 2013 and waiting for CO. Hope it will take around 1 month. I already submitted Police certificate and expecting to do medicals on next week. Hope I don't have to wait till CO request to get medicals done. Can any one help me?

And also how long does it take to assess an application after CO's assignment?

Thanks a lot