Skill matching Data Base

ali

When I sent off my PC's & change of circumstance form, I also completed Form 47SK (skills match). I've received an email saying that my skills were put onto the data base today and would stay on for 2 years or until I migrate to Aus - has anyone had prospective employers contact them via this route? and more importantly would they put me on the data base if I wasn't going to be granted a visa??? At least I know that my PC's arrived safely, I was begining to think they'd got lost in the post.

Ali

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi ali

The database is not used by employers much yet, but DIMA are pushing it. Being on it does nott affect your application at all, you opted to be put on the databse and DIMA are encouraging its use.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I wasn't thinking being on the data base would affect my application, but more hoping that if they've put me on it today then the email telling me I've got a visa may not be far behind!!

Ali

Guest Pasty

Hi Ali

We applied on 5th December and hubbies details got put on the skills matching database on the 19th December. We have heard nothing from prospective employers and we didn't get our visas till 12th May 2006. We were skilled 136 visa class.

Hope this helps

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest Alison1967

Your in good company as i'm a mental health nurse.

Not interested in agency so i didn't bother getting back to them so can't answer your question really.

I am going to apply for casual pool work at flinders medical centre and then apply for a permanent level 2 post when the new psyche unit at flinders advertise.

Ali x

Ali,

I've got telephone interview next week for RN1 post hope to find my feet quickly and then apply for RN2 community as this is what I do now. Haven't worked on the wards for 10 years! Apparently each state has their own MH act - trying to get hold of a practitioners guide as the act on the internet was about 180 pages - I'll have to get used to saying detained instead of sectioned!

Put house up for sale yesterday, just waiting and struggling to think of anything else :x

Ali

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Neil Palmer

Hi Ali

I am also on the skilled matching database while waiting for the skilled immigration visa. After 1 week I was offered a job (I'm a Electrician) I've spoken to my prospective employer on the phone and could be out there within 3 months on a regional skilled visa as he is based in Alice Springs.

I'll go to the beach another day!

I'm all for the skill matching data base. :lol:

Neil

Archived