Labour agreement

SKIPPY59

Hi all

We initially contacted World Wide Recruitment who did a recruitment post under the job section on here. They provided an email address which we responded to and sent OH CV etc to. We pulled out as the areas my OH was offered was Mackay, Rockhampton & Brisbaine. If this company are not genuine then they now have people's personal details. Very concerned !!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen
Worldwide Recruit

Add as Friend

Add to Ignore List

Find latest posts

Find latest started threads

View Articles

View Blog Entries

View Conversations

Likes Received (0)

Likes Given (0)

Join Date 07-12-2012

Last Activity Today 08:23 PM. LOOK WHOS BEEN ON TODAY

Blog Entries0

They were online replying to my request for information.

This is an email I have just received from vetassess and unfortunatly it's not good news.

Dear Steven (husband)

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we have not received any documents from you according our system and please check with your agent with the date/mail tracking number so we are able to assist you.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Yun Yi Ma

Administration Officer

Skills Recognition Support Services

VETASSESS

Level 5, 478 Albert Street

East Melbourne 3002

Victoria Australia

Tel +61 3 9655 4801

Fax +61 3 9655 4899

www.vetassess.com.au

can anyone assist me on what I can do now?

Edited by The Pom Queen
edited as per forum rules

Guest The Pom Queen
Are obi and those companies not completely different? Obi are definitely online, i followed them on twitter and facebook after speaking to them that time last year and they put stuff on their pages a day or two ago.

Stacey after receiving a legal threat this morning (not in relation to this forum) I am reluctant to discuss information on the open forum. All I can say is that WWR and DUP are recruited by OBI to find employees for vacancies. Therefore I would think someone at OBI can help these people make contact with these companies.

I've already did and as I've already wrote I got a reply from another person saying no promises were made and that I should contact WWR in relation to the vetassess and contact vetassess themselfs, as you all know I did both these things, first of all I was told that they would sort out certification when back in the UK and vetassess this morning sent me an email saying they had received nothing.

We contacted DIAC to find out if they were an authorised company to be able to offer 457 visas/ labour agreements. I got an email back saying because of confidentiality they could neither confirm or deny. Not much help!!!

We didn't pay them any money but they do have all our birth certificates, qualification certs, everything of that nature.

Guest The Pom Queen

As you know I pmd WWR in regards to the concerns raised on here. This is their reply which they have kindly given me their permission to publish.

Dear Kate,

We are Consultants and we are commissioned to obtained International Candidates for OBI Recruitment in Brisbane.

The 457 Labour Agreement was Officially Approved in December 2012, some weeks just before Christmas Holiday Period. DIAC delayed the official release for reasons beyond our control.

OBI has confirmed they have ALL Candidates Information, however with the Issue of any 457 Labour Agreement Visa, they must under DIAC Visa Laws 1st obtain a suitable Employment to grant any 457 Labour Agreement Visa.

OBI and many Companies in Australia right now have little Jobs being offered by their Clients, all due to a massive Downturn in the Market.

OBI asked us to supply from the List which was posted in Poms In Oz Forum, Welders and Mechanics being the major needs .

There are 60 Labour Agreement Visa's, the rules of DIAC stand, No Job = No Visa, OBI is still looking for Positions for Candidates, all Candidates have been informed. Just some are concerned, to this our hands are tied plus OBI, they are seeking and we are also looking at alternatives for Candidates.

All Candidates have OBI's details, for your own Information here is an Extract from Ms. Jenny Martin Director of OBI. (Below)

We are now looking at other means to have those Candidates placed into Australia, while this Labour Agreement Expires on the 20th March, we are pushing ahead but it is Harder then ever been with the Australian market right now.

Here is OBI's comments FYI.

We have both been the victim of circumstances, and I understand only too well what harm candidate blogs etc can do. I have been in recruitment for a long time.

This is a serious consideration to all involved. OBI is also risking loss of reputation, and, like you are having, it is largely through circumstances beyond our control. Australia’s job market has been contracting throughout 2012, and there is now great pressure on employers of all sizes not to employ international workers ahead of Australians. This is understandable. This is also an indication that candidates expectations need to be managed to reflect the employment market.

The recent granting of a Labour Agreement has meant that OBI does now have the capacity to sponsor. Without employment for these candidates, however, OBI becomes exposed to visa expenses without income to balance them. . OBI has undertaken and continues to undertake significant marketing to rectify the situation, results, thus far, have been disappointing..

Kind Regards,

Jenny Martin

General Manager

Guest The Pom Queen
any info then?

I have posted the reply. If your husband/partner is Steve they have also advised me that his formal evidence was sent away and it is now in the hands of VETASSES who aren't very speedy with these things. They did say they spoke with your husband/partner yesterday.

Now the company have replied I am going to close this thread.