Labour agreement

SKIPPY59

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been offered a 457 Visa Application under a Labour Agreement is in Process and in Submission to DIAC - the company offering have told me i can apply to any company so suggestions please for a building construction site foreman.

Cheers all

:biglaugh:

Hi Skippy59,i'm in the same stage of you,with 457 Visa Application under LA.They told me the same to apply for jobs to get more chances.I'm an electrical engineer technician.How long do you think will be the process to issue the Visa from DIAC?

cheers

Hi Skippy59,i'm in the same stage of you,with 457 Visa Application under LA.They told me the same to apply for jobs to get more chances.I'm an electrical engineer technician.How long do you think will be the process to issue the Visa from DIAC?

cheers

They reckon about 6-8 weeks for the visa - but until a job is sorted do not travel to Oz.

So crack on with applying - where do u want to go?

They reckon about 6-8 weeks for the visa - but until a job is sorted do not travel to Oz.

So crack on with applying - where do u want to go?

My first choice would be Queensland as my brother in law and family lives in Brisbane,also WA they said it's a nice place.

Hopefully by the end of January we will touch OZ land!:wink:

Do you have family?

My first choice would be Queensland as my brother in law and family lives in Brisbane,also WA they said it's a nice place.

Hopefully by the end of January we will touch OZ land!:wink:

Do you have family?

Queensland is beautiful - we lived in Brisbane for over 12 months last time. We have lots of friends there but have also friends in Adelaide and Sydney, however we too have a yearning to go to WA so hoping for a job in any of these places. No family over there but i class my friends as family.

Who is your LA with? Any job offers yet? Are you gonna rent or buy / take furniture etc.

Queensland is beautiful - we lived in Brisbane for over 12 months last time. We have lots of friends there but have also friends in Adelaide and Sydney, however we too have a yearning to go to WA so hoping for a job in any of these places. No family over there but i class my friends as family.

Who is your LA with? Any job offers yet? Are you gonna rent or buy / take furniture etc.

The LA is with OBI in Brisbane ,but still no jobs offered,im cracking on with applaying though.My opinion is that employers are looking for somebody with a PR and onshore also i've been reading and my brother in Brisbane confirmed that is slowing down even there.

My plan is to wait and see the first year then if everything go smoothly buy a house.

I am concern about Diac and the interview at the moment,don't know what they can ask,do you know?

I have never been in Australia but i'm sure i will enjoy the country as i like beach life..

My LA is also with OBI in Brisbane - i'm looking for Building construction foreman roles - as previously would prefer WA then QLD but anywhere would be gr8t.

Yes have heard its slowing down in QLD but prob pick back up in the new year - as you i will apply for everything that i can. Dont know what DIAC ask i'm afraid - guess it will be about previous employment / experience.

Australia is very beautiful - thats why we want to return - miss the outdoor lifestyle and the beaches and defo the SUNSHINE.

If i see any elec engineer jobs will let you know.

Guest katie007
My LA is also with OBI in Brisbane - i'm looking for Building construction foreman roles - as previously would prefer WA then QLD but anywhere would be gr8t.

Yes have heard its slowing down in QLD but prob pick back up in the new year - as you i will apply for everything that i can. Dont know what DIAC ask i'm afraid - guess it will be about previous employment / experience.

Australia is very beautiful - thats why we want to return - miss the outdoor lifestyle and the beaches and defo the SUNSHINE.

If i see any elec engineer jobs will let you know.

OBI is good just this lack of job and the christmas market many Compaines close for Annual (ShutDowns) do expect a surge in Jan 2013.

• 3 months later...

Just found your thread here guys.

im a Site Manager here in the London (im orginally Northern Irish) and me and a friend are looking to head out to Oz and id like to pick up some Site Management / Supervisor / Foreman work when i go out. Initially i will be heading out on the 417 Working Holiday Visa, but are companies inclined in taking on people with this visa or what is the best way for me to do it?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi, we have been accepted on a LA with OBI in Brisbane (through Worldwide-Recruit), have submitted the 1066 form and just waiting to hear.

I didn't realise we had to source our own job, can someone explain exactly how it works? I've obviously misunderstood. I know I have to be out there by 20th March under the terms of the LA.

Many thanks

Hi, we have been accepted on a LA with OBI in Brisbane (through Worldwide-Recruit), have submitted the 1066 form and just waiting to hear.

I didn't realise we had to source our own job, can someone explain exactly how it works? I've obviously misunderstood. I know I have to be out there by 20th March under the terms of the LA.

Many thanks

Hi - we are the same - you don't have to source your own job as OBI will look at jobs for you, but you can look at jobs yourself and tell the company that you have an offer of an LA - they can offer you employment through OBI then.

We didn't realise it was 20th March deadline - thought it was end of March - eeeek!!

Good luck - wots your profession?

Cheers :)

Hi, we are applying for a LA Visa through downunder placements with OBI in Brisbane. However we are being told different things.

Are any of you able to tell me what is/nt correct. We have been told that we need to have a job in place before a visa can be issued??

We have also been told that we need to have the visa by march 20th but can leave for oz after that (house to sell) but from what Ive read this isn't correct.

Thanks

Vicky

I've just written to them to check out dates etc. Also just a reminder that its a bit more laid back in Australia - you will get there in the end. Isn't this one of the reasons for moving - a more laid back, less stress, lovely outdoor lifestyle yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

I payed £420 to worldwide recruit for a vetassess that they sent off but we signed. We have had identical messages sent to us as have another person going through them, this was payed for on the 16th October ,should I be worried as we are getting no clear response

We did exactly the same with our agent and heard nothing back. We keep getting contradicting replies back. We are finding it really hard at the moment as we were supposed to be leaving in 6 ish weeks with our children5,3&2 but can't yet book anything which is really unsettling.

We have been told that we can have our visa by march 20th then.leave when we are ready. Is this the case as I've read that we have to he there by then.

Vicky

We did exactly the same with our agent and heard nothing back. We keep getting contradicting replies back. We are finding it really hard at the moment as we were supposed to be leaving in 6 ish weeks with our children5,3&2 but can't yet book anything which is really unsettling.

We have been told that we can have our visa by march 20th then.leave when we are ready. Is this the case as I've read that we have to he there by then.

Vicky

I have just had a response to say the job market has changed over there and jobs in my area - construction - are going more to Australians but OBI are negotiating positions at the moment for people who have been offered 457 LA. They can't, by law, apply for the visa until a job offer has been secured. However, candidates can source their own jobs and refer the company to OBI.

They have said 'hang on in there'!!!

I also have been sent the same today so now we are Applying for jobs, I understand the unsettling feeling as we are too feeling that also with 3 children 8,4 and 1. We feel a little in limbo as we were told that we would be there by beginning of feb, I have no clue how this will turn out but I think the sourcing of a job yourselves is going to be a long slog unless your in the flesh in front of the employer were all up Against it to say the least,I'm looking in perth area anyone else?

Hi guys, We have done the same as you guys have through DownUnder Placements, we have started the process in October 2012, sent off for VETASSESS beginning of Nov, not heard anything from these guys for the past week, he's always been very quick to reply in the past. We're hoping everything is ok! we were hoping to be going in march!

I and some others received an email telling us that they were still trying but basically there's not much hope and try to source job ourselfs did you get this email too? As like you we have done vetassess back in oct/ nov time we've been told its been accepted and they will send Certs soon?