Who else is moving to Oz in the next year?

AlloVera

Hey...

Now that our visas has been approved I want to get talking to all those making the move in the next 12 months... I know there are other threads already but don't really want to trawl through the lot of them! Can anyone post a link please?

Of course if anyone wants to chat on this one then I'd welcome it :)

Me and my boyfriend are heading to Brisbane next year on a 175, waiting for December bonus time to come and go before I hand in my notice. Been keeping up to date with jobs posted on SEEK, just found a winner based in Mooloolaba which looks amazing!

As scary as it is, I can't wait to start our next chapter!

Guest melanie79

hi allovera! im thinking of going next august- would love to go sooner but with work commitments & gotta save the pennies too! heading to sydney. ive now moved along to the shipping section to get ideas & advice!!!

melanie

hi allovera! im thinking of going next august- would love to go sooner but with work commitments & gotta save the pennies too! heading to sydney. ive now moved along to the shipping section to get ideas & advice!!!

melanie

Hey melanie79! Yeah I should get involved in that section as well... I tried to get some feedback within the jobs & careers section but all seems quiet in there! I know what you mean about saving. Luckily we had already been saving as it was either buy a house or move to Oz so now we have visas I guess we'll move to Oz :)

I notice you're a mental health nurse.. My other half works in mental health care but he's not registered. We're hoping he will find work ok tho as he's a 32 yr old big strong male with lots of C&R training and years of experience. Don't suppose you've come across any good websites that could give us an idea of what job options and salary he would be looking at?

Hi, I'm packing as I write this (well ok so I took a break). Moving to the Western suburbs of Brisbane very soon, I hope early January latest as my daughter needs to start highschool end of January. I put in a Sub 300 Fiance Visa end of June and went through the works and have been playing the Big Waiting Game ever since. Very hectic, I'm packing, handing in my notice next week to be free to go immediately should visa come off earlier. I did get an email saying that the quotum had been reached and waiting time moved up from 6 to 7-9 months. I hope I'm the exception.

Mooloolaba looks nice, from what I've seen. Big shopping center and cinema and a nice stretch of beach :)

If you don't know anyone there yet and would like to hook up with someone who hasn't got a clue about Australian life yet either, I'd be happy to go for a drink in or around Brisbane! I'm getting married soon after arriving in Brisbane. This is so I can apply for a partner visa, to get Medicare and to avoid having to pay for very hefty international student charges for my daughters (you qualify as a domestic student only 2 years after partner visa's been granted).

This is not something commonly known, so I hope someone bringing out teens to Australia are aware of this.

Anyway, again... I'm scared sh*tless but I go where the love is :) And apart from my fiance, I won't know anyone at all there, so if anyone wants to meet up to share experiences with a bubbly Dutch woman who's just thrown herself into the deep end in Australia... I'm up for it! Let me know!

PS Am so jealous of all the stories here getting their visa within weeks or months, while I've had to struggle on for so long. And every day just drags on...

Can I just say, I've been looking at model homes sites around Brisbane, and the houses there are just so fab spacious, it's unreal what you get for that kind of money! I've just had to drastically lower the price of my house I'm selling. Such is the sorry state of the housing market in Holland, every month house prices go down 1,5 percent. Am looking forward to buying and moving into a big new house together with my then husband! Anyone looking for housing around Brisbane, I quite liked North Lakes which is... well. North of Brisbane (good for Mooloolaba). Nice & clean & lots of space & lots of nice houses. And big nice shopping center. And close to Sunshine Coast towns & beaches. But unfortunately I'm kinda stuck to the Western suburbs coz of fiance's work place. Well I shouldn't complain, it's nice and leafy there, out to Moggill. :)

Great, exciting you've got flights booked (a bit jealous here, am still waiting, it's been 3 months since I last saw my fiance and not likely we'll see eachother for Christmas or New Year).

My fiance's daughter lives in Toowoomba, so he drives up there from Brisbane every fortnight to take her back home. I came out with him while I was there in July. The city itself seems nice but... it's the drive from Brisbane out to Toowoomba that's just so very very boring? I hope you'll settle in ok. If you ever crave some excitement of the big city, let me know, I live there by end of January, fingers crossed! Might join you explore the city :)

Hey...

Now that our visas has been approved I want to get talking to all those making the move in the next 12 months... I know there are other threads already but don't really want to trawl through the lot of them! Can anyone post a link please?

Me and my boyfriend are heading to Brisbane next year on a 175, waiting for December bonus time to come and go before I hand in my notice. Been keeping up to date with jobs posted on SEEK, just found a winner based in Mooloolaba which looks amazing!

Hi, looks like there are a few of us heading to Brisbane. Me my husband and 2 boys, aged 2 and 3.5, will be making the big move in March. We are currently considering Springfield lakes or Ormeau. These are the areas we have done most research But there are so many i am open to ideas. I am so excited but just want it all to be organised ow and to be sitting I. Our new house sipping a co,d tinny with a prawn or 3 grilling on the barby

Hi, we are planning the move next yr. Hubby is still waiting on his partner visa (should have it by xmas), and he will go to Perth in late May early June. I finish work and the kids finish school at the end of June, so plan to go early July. He will be staying with a friend of mine while he gets work and a place. So hopefully we will have a house sorted before I arrive with the girls. Feeling the whole limbo thing of waiting, hubby can't apply for work until the visa is granted, can't set dates for travel until we get dates from school on when no.3's first communion is. I'm just trusting in the universe that everything will fall into place when it needs to. It's all part of the journey

Hey...

Good luck with the move. We went to Brisbane and stayed with some friends in Caloundra which is right near Mooloolaba and it is a really lovely place to settle round there. Right near Currimundi Lake, Bribie Island etc. It really is the most idillic area to live. Meridan Plains is a really nice area to live. There are some lovely houses round there and Pelican Waters too. It looks like we will be going to WA for now as I have SS but if we don't settle there we will definitely make the move over to the East coast. It only takes about 50 mins to 1 hr to drive to Brisbane from there as well. Who wouldn't want to live in a place called The Sunshine Coast?

Hope it all goes smoothly for you and you find that dream job. :jiggy: