i phones

kasisalo

You will need it to be unlocked. DO NOT go to your local phone shop!! I did this, paid £15 and lost everything off my phone. It won't even work at the moment. If you ring the network provider, explain the situation and they should be able to unlock it for you. Mine haven't charged me but depends which provider.

hi my daughter is getting a pay as you go iPhone should she wait till we get to oz (we are moving in february to perth) or is it okay to get one here in the UK and if so will it work okay in oz thanks

If you buy the iphone from the apple shop it should be unlocked for any network then you'll be fine

Just to let you know that if you have problems your guarantee will be in the UK

So maybe better to wait until here if you want the peace of mind

• 2 weeks later...

4G still isn't available in the UK so you might not even have thought about this but you might want to check what 4G the iPhone5 uses and whether or not phones sold in Australia are different. I know there was a big fuss about the iPhone4 when it was first launched only having the US 4G installed on it so it wouldn't work on the Australian 4G system. Apple were fined in Australia and had to refund some customers for not making this clear. I haven't heard anything said about 4G on the iPhone5 - possibly because the issues been fixed but I really don't know.