and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest atharabbas

ACS Letter Role in Immigration Process

Guest atharabbas

Hey Guys,

I am confused whether professional years calculation is being done by DIAC itself or its totally based on ACS (Australian Computer Society) letter?

Actually, I received positive skill assessment from ACS for ICT Business Analyst on June 2011. At that time, my total experience (according to ACS letter) was (5 years + 10 months) which was quite adequate to get positive result as it was more than 5 years.

That time, I couldn't apply for immigration due to some circumstances.

Currently, my experience is 7.6 years and I want to apply for EOI by getting 8 years experience points.

Should I wait to complete 8 years OR can I still apply for ACS re-validation application to get new letter with extended expiry date (as its still more than 5 years experience).

If yes then does it mean DIAC will be calculating professional years based on my experience certificates itself and ACS letter will only be referred for +ve skill assessment?

Please help and if someone can share personal experience in such scenario.

Thanks!

Guest atharabbas

Experts/Moderators can you please provide your feedback.

Did you got any reply for this ...

Guest atharabbas
Did you got any reply for this ...

Yes I got reply but from other forums. I don't need to get NEW ACS letter. For DIAC, my old ACS (valid) letter will be enough if I am able to provide updated reference letter from current employer.

Thanks for the response....

Correct me if i'm wrong ACS is to assess your experience is matching the occupation or not and with old ACS validation report where that is not a exact experience on the occupation we still can proceed to apply. I'm rite ?

Between my situation is below

My ACS assessment has been completed on May 2011. At that time of assessment i have experience of 6.8 years, now i have 8.5 years of experience and i didn't change any JOB/ Role. i have all the proofs to show the experience is 8+ years.

To claim 8 years of experience in EOI do i need to reassess my experience with ACS ?

Response to this query is highly appreciated.

PS: I got EOI approval by claiming 8 years experience but my assessment report says 6.8 since its 1.5 year old.

Guest atharabbas
Thanks for the response....

Correct me if i'm wrong ACS is to assess your experience is matching the occupation or not and with old ACS validation report where that is not a exact experience on the occupation we still can proceed to apply. I'm rite ?

Between my situation is below

My ACS assessment has been completed on May 2011. At that time of assessment i have experience of 6.8 years, now i have 8.5 years of experience and i didn't change any JOB/ Role. i have all the proofs to show the experience is 8+ years.

To claim 8 years of experience in EOI do i need to reassess my experience with ACS ?

Response to this query is highly appreciated.

PS: I got EOI approval by claiming 8 years experience but my assessment report says 6.8 since its 1.5 year old.

As per information that I got from other forums/blogs, there's no need to get new ACS letter in this scenario. You just need to provide updated reference letter with your last employer to DIAC. DIAC will consider your total experience not only which is mentioned on ACS letter. Drop me a reminder email, I will inbox you those links so you will be more confident on this subject. My email athar.dcsian@gmail.com

Conclusion: You just need to get ACS re-assessment letter (with updated expiry date for next 2 years) and that will be enough for DIAC with updated reference letter from last employer.

Thanks for your quick response....

I dropped you a mail, Thanks in advance

From a DIAC case officer to a DIY applicant:

The fact that you were able to obtain a favourable skills assessment as a System Designer (ASCO

2231-13), is not evidence in itself that you have been found to have performed the full range of

skills for this position. The task of determining whether you have performed the duties required

to satisfy the work experience requirement rests solely with the decision maker from this

Department, based on documentary evidence of employment.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com