Good areas around Brisbane

Guest aspinall

Guest aspinall

Hi,

My OH is looking to work in Brisbane city itself and we were hoping to live within commuting distance of the city. Would anyone be able to recommend decent areas please? We are looking for around a one hour commute max please? As near to the coast as poss!!

Thanks a lot

Toni:jiggy:

HIYA,

MY FRIENDS LIVE IN MARGATE AS HAVE TO COMMUTE INTO BRISBANE FROM COLLEGE ( EVEN THOUGH 30 SOMETHING )WHICH IS NEAR THE BEACH ( AND CAN WALK DOGS THERE ).

THEY USED TO LIVE IN SANDGATE WHICH WAS CLOSER TO CBD AND NEAR THE SEA BUT NOT WHAT YOU'D CALL AND OZZIE BEACH REALLY.

THEY LIKE BOTH AREAS BUT PREFER MARGATE ( REDCLIFFE AREA ) AND IT IS WELL WITHIN 1 HOUR COMMUTE TO THE CITY.

HOPE THIS HELPS,

NATALIE.

:wub:

Guest orangegerbera2003

We put a similar request on Poms in Oz last week and a nice lady suggested we look in Manly/Wakerley and surrounding suburbs (East of the City and near the coast). We went there on the weekend and loved it and put an offer in on a house there! There are lots of international people living there (funny - I got talking to an Aussie couple who live in the road where we will be living and she said that they are the only Australians living there - mainly English, Irish, South Africans etc). It is a lovely area. Many newly built houses. My husband works in the centre of the city (Edward Street) and it is only 30-40 minutes commute. All the best with your search!

Guest Diane Willo

Hi There

Can anyone tell me the average cost of a mortgage In Brisbane

I have been watching wanted down under and it has made me really concerned about money as they said that the average mortgage is $400'00.00 but the average wage is aroun $45'000 - $55'000 which where I come from means that the mortgages are a lot more expensive, but the wages are less.

They were in Perth at the time.

So if we had $350'000 to put down on a $500'000 house what would we expect to pay for the mortgage? do they have the same 25year mortgages as us?

Thank you in advance

Diane

• 1 month later...
Guest sacha007

margate beach is lovely and it is inside 30 mins to CBD and aiport. have a look at chelsand cottage (just google)...its is just delightful for a couple of weeks or more. good luck

Archived