zidden

Millionaire

i was talking about this with one of my mates yesterday lol theres too many places that id want a house! i'd probably want one in both countries and split my time between the two

$/£ 1M isn't really that much. Not enough to retire comfortably in either place on current interest rates. Certainly not enough to get you a house in both countries - $700k for a house in Oz and there's most of your $1M gone.

Now if you were a multi-millionaire....

17-12-2012 Hubby's 309/100 sent | 19-12-2012 Payment taken | 08-01-2013 CO assigned (PS), request for further info | 11-01-2013 Original docs returned | 18-01-2013 Further info provided | 23-04-2013 Medical submitted | 18-07-2013 Partner Visa subclass 100 granted! | Feb-Mar 2014 Visa activation trip

$/£ 1M isn't really that much. Not enough to retire comfortably in either place on current interest rates. Certainly not enough to get you a house in both countries - $700k for a house in Oz and there's most of your $1M gone.

Now if you were a multi-millionaire....

yeah sorry i meant id have to have a few million! it sounds so weird saying a million isnt that much but its true i suppose.

Guest Guest68570

oz obviously, silly question really.

I would opt for six months in each place.

Would it be winter/winter or summer/summer?

Would it be winter/winter or summer/summer?

Probably December to June in UK and the rest of the year in Oz. It is nice being in the UK for christmas and springtime.

Arrived Adelaide 2009, returned to UK 2011

silly question, money has nothing to do with the reason I am in oz so not a factor to consider. I'm in Oz because I love it and if I won the lottery I'd stay here.

UK obviously.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

If I won the lottery (and in the last couple of weeks Ive thought of buying that lucky ticket), I would book flights back to UK straightaway. At the moment I am mulling about how to sell things if we do go back and not been able to ship :(

I would have a month away somewhere hot though, in Europe would do :)

If I won the lottery I would want my cake and be able to eat it too. :laugh:

I would buy a property in Oz and rescue horses and donkeys that no one wanted and I would employ plenty of people so that I could spend about 3 months of every year travelling to different locations around the world including back to the UK.

Wedding 06/04/2013, 820 visa applied 30/04/2013 and granted 02/05/2013 - 2 days!

​300 PMV sent for partner (futureinoz) on 15/05/2012. Case officer assigned (LG) on the 17/05/2012. Medicals done 07/06/2012. Have been told 5-6 months. PMV granted 17/10/2012 :jiggy:

I would stay in Australia but buy a holiday home in the UK and have regular visits (or at least more regular than now,lol)

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

My dream was always to live where my Dad was born so Australia and no amount of money would ever change that

It would make life more comfortable yes

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

Same as Bob1!

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

It would mean being able to buy our own home in Australia, we would stay here and give the kids a nice home with a little land

:)

I'd travel all over the world, buy paul his dream car, and then when we know where we wanna settle for good buy a house.

Guest littlesarah

I'd pay off the mortgage and offer DH the chance to give up work and finish the renos or pay someone else to finish them under his supervision!

And that would still leave enough cash to pay for our families to visit. I suspect I wouldn't fly economy any more, either!

Definitely Oz. I'd visit the UK in June/July and spend the rest of the time in Oz. If I had enough money I'd travel round Oz and visit places at the times that the temperature was best (North in the winter, South in the summer etc)

Wherever you are, make the most of it.

Guest chris955

Definitely England, I would probably spend a month in Australia with family each year though.

I am a multimillionaire and I'm going to Oz

Damn predictive text again. I meant compulsive liar

• Like 1