Millionaire

zidden

$/£ 1M isn't really that much. Not enough to retire comfortably in either place on current interest rates. Certainly not enough to get you a house in both countries - $700k for a house in Oz and there's most of your $1M gone.

Now if you were a multi-millionaire....

$/£ 1M isn't really that much. Not enough to retire comfortably in either place on current interest rates. Certainly not enough to get you a house in both countries - $700k for a house in Oz and there's most of your $1M gone.

Now if you were a multi-millionaire....

yeah sorry i meant id have to have a few million! it sounds so weird saying a million isnt that much but its true i suppose.

If I won the lottery (and in the last couple of weeks Ive thought of buying that lucky ticket), I would book flights back to UK straightaway. At the moment I am mulling about how to sell things if we do go back and not been able to ship :(

I would have a month away somewhere hot though, in Europe would do :)

If I won the lottery I would want my cake and be able to eat it too. :laugh:

I would buy a property in Oz and rescue horses and donkeys that no one wanted and I would employ plenty of people so that I could spend about 3 months of every year travelling to different locations around the world including back to the UK.

Guest littlesarah

I'd pay off the mortgage and offer DH the chance to give up work and finish the renos or pay someone else to finish them under his supervision!

And that would still leave enough cash to pay for our families to visit. I suspect I wouldn't fly economy any more, either!