I'm going to train to be a cook to get my PR

Guest Guest68570

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest68570

... You never know the girl of my dreams could be waiting for me!

If not I'm gaing to Ayia Napa to live :)

I lived there years ago so I will go back.

I'm sorry but I'm actually beginning to think you are a troll, and I apologise if I'm in fact wrong.

You don't seem to be very old to be honest (to be fair I can only make that judgement by the way you seek constant advice) yet you hate the UK with a passion but clearly you haven't lived here very long, you can't have done having spent so long living in the other countries you have mentioned such as Greece, Australia (although not really living there on a WHV) and now Cyprus.

I really do hope I am wrong because I hate the thought that you are getting some sort of kick out of abusing the good advice people are willing to offer when asked.

Whether I'm right or wrong, good luck in the choices you make and I really do hope you manage to achieve your dream, whatever that may actually be.

Baldrick: I have a plan sir!!

Blackadder: Really Baldrick? A cunning and subtle one?

Baldrick: Yes Sir

Blackadder: As cunning as a fox that just has been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university?

Baldrick: Yes sir

Blackadder: Well I'm afraid it will have to wait, what ever it was I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. Like who would have noticed another madman around here.

Baldrick: I have a plan sir!!

Blackadder: Really Baldrick? A cunning and subtle one?

Baldrick: Yes Sir

Blackadder: As cunning as a fox that just has been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university?

Baldrick: Yes sir

Blackadder: Well I'm afraid it will have to wait, what ever it was I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. Like who would have noticed another madman around here.

Good old Baldrick

where abouts do you live now?

I just find the UK so miserable, there really is nothing about it that makes it better than oz. Its just a lot lot worse in every way shape and form. I reckon people who claim its better and people who move back its largely because they miss their family and friends maybe its because the miss the environment they grew up in. I know it sounds really bad but when I was away I didn't really miss anything about home and really aisde from my mum and a couple of mates not really anyone. I just hate living a life that I know is second rate.

The student visa will get me back over there Im gonna have to save 8-10 grand but I supose its worth a try. If not I may even consider moving to Thailand or bali or somewhere like that.

Loads of people ave a great life in the UK including myself, you only had a holiday in oz which s nothing lie living and working there, I liked oz but fund th UK so much more alive and buzzin than where I lived in oz, you have made your mind up that the UK is crap without giving it a chance, use your imagination and instead of moaning about the place get out and do something, if you are bored in the UK you ar going to be bored in oz.

I will find a way somehow, am going back in may/June so keep your figures and toes crossed for me that something works out!

You will not get over there until you get a skill that they want which takes a few years, I suggest you se your energy getting the skills you need.

Right this is my last suggestion... if your sick of the UK and probably feel a bit bored with life then volunteer in another country. I have looked into it and theres organisations that can help. I quite fancy doing it but i could only do it for a few months maximum as i have commitments (pets etc) You however dont have so could do the full year if you liked. Theres all sorts of things you could do and it might help you decide what you want to do. Plus it'll look good on your CV.

If your interested and want any links then let me know

Guest Guest68570
Right this is my last suggestion... if your sick of the UK and probably feel a bit bored with life then volunteer in another country. I have looked into it and theres organisations that can help. I quite fancy doing it but i could only do it for a few months maximum as i have commitments (pets etc) You however dont have so could do the full year if you liked. Theres all sorts of things you could do and it might help you decide what you want to do. Plus it'll look good on your CV.

If your interested and want any links then let me know

yer ok, I'd like to have a look.

Guest Guest68570
You could try and sound a little more gracious that Stacey is helping you out!! Maybe you could actually sneak a 'thank you' in there!!!

Thank you Stacey. Thank you tickled pink.

This is the first time I have posted on any of this.

You think that your life is that hard, that the UK is so awful you just have to get to Aus, no matter what you have to do. I grew up in Northern Ireland in the height of the troubles, seeing bodies in the streets, bombs going off all over the place etc and I still managed to have a good upbringing and for the most of it, a good life regardless of everything going on around me. You should try growing up in a war zone like that to toughen up a little.

I left N.I to join the Royal Air Force and served for 4 and a half years. I ended up not liking it in the end (even though it was always my dream and would do anything to get that dream) and in the end it wasn't for me.

In 2007, my partner at the time put the idea of coming to Aus into my head and I mulled it over for a few months before agreeing to it, it is such a change of life and circumstance that you cannot take it lightly. Came on the WHV and immediately fell in love with it. My partner and I broke up, she went back to the UK and I stayed here, as I had a good job with good prospects (unfortunately didn't work out). Met a girl, fell in love, and as the company we both worked for let me down with 3 weeks to go (yes, cut-throat) she decided in her infinite wisdom that she would move her whole life and 3 year old child to NZ with me until we met the eligibility requirements for the partner visa (after exhausting all other options). Someone so un-selfish right there.

We had a baby in Feb 2011, lovely little girl and are now at the 2nd stage process for my PR visa.

I have an awesome job that I love, and I have to work HARD at to make it a career. I am up at 6am every morning to get everyone ready for work/school/childcare, drop kids off, go to work, put in a hard days effort (just my work ethic), pick the kids up, go home, then go out to do some work that I have from my own IT business that I run. So essentially I am putting in 15 hour days + for not much more gain. Rent and food etc is expensive here. I have to make allowances for that somehow and by HARD WORK and a dedication to my chosen career I make it happen.

Going on different job choices on a daily basis just to get a visa is not the way to go. You need to get your issues sorted out first, I believe people have already directed you to that. Then you need to sit and think long and hard about what you want to do with your life, career wise. Not just a job to get a visa, but your long term career interest. Like others have also said, people are in a position of terminal illness that wish for another week, another month, another year of life on this earth. You should consider yourself lucky that you are not in that position, and get on with your life.

Guest Guest68570

I do think myself lucky in many aspects but I know what i need to do in order to be really happy. There is really no point me doing whatever job I like as it may not result in me moving to oz and if it does not I will never be truly 100% happy. There are heaps of jobs I could do because I would enjoy them and they would be fun but if they are not going to get me a visa to live where I want to live and I have to stay here its just not going to work.

I do think myself lucky in many aspects but I know what i need to do in order to be really happy. There is really no point me doing whatever job I like as it may not result in me moving to oz and if it does not I will never be truly 100% happy. There are heaps of jobs I could do because I would enjoy them and they would be fun but if they are not going to get me a visa to live where I want to live and I have to stay here its just not going to work.

The point of my post was missed. You SHOULD NOT be thinking about just doing any old job just to get your visa to Aus. It is not going to work. You have hardly any experience in most of them, and IMMI are going to see right through any application. They are pretty smart people there, have a lot of experience, and the sheer amount of threads you have posted relating to different jobs "to get your visa to aus" is just another barrier to you getting the visa you so desire. Putting those posts on a public forum is not the brightest idea, again, the sheer amount of them, if that gets picked up by someone who might be looking in, then your chances could be extremely slim.

The only advice I can give you, and I think others here are growing pretty tired of giving it (considering it is genrally ignored, and they are giving you good advice, have seen it all, been through it all) is to take a step back, get qualified in something that you will do FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE potentially, stick to it, and hope that you can one day get into Aus without having to essentially scam your way here.

Everyone else goes the hard way, puts in all the effort, do things the right way. Why should you be any different? What makes you think you are owed your visa? You are no different to anyone else, you have to put the work in to get the rewards at the end. It is not plain sailing, and if you cant accept that, then you really shouldn't be looking at doing what you are doing. You will find it very hard here if you are not prepared to put the effort in, that includes the first stage, getting the visa.

Guest Guest68570

But what if it doesn't work? then what I waste a long time and am still stuck in this place I cant stand. I just want to start living my life again instead of watching the time pass by in a place where I am not happy. Surely you must understand how I feel? What is wrong with wanting to get a visa? I'm legally not doing anything wrong as I am searching all the possible legal avenues of doing so, ie. getting a skill and sponsorship.

Its sad more than anything that I just cant live the life I want.

But what if it doesn't work? then what I waste a long time and am still stuck in this place I cant stand. I just want to start living my life again instead of watching the time pass by in a place where I am not happy. Surely you must understand how I feel? What is wrong with wanting to get a visa? I'm legally not doing anything wrong as I am searching all the possible legal avenues of doing so, ie. getting a skill and sponsorship.

Its sad more than anything that I just cant live the life I want.

Yep

no surprises there

you know best

good luck with that

We are all dying to know how you get on

Guest Guest68570
This is the first time I have posted on any of this.

You think that your life is that hard, that the UK is so awful you just have to get to Aus, no matter what you have to do. I grew up in Northern Ireland in the height of the troubles, seeing bodies in the streets, bombs going off all over the place etc and I still managed to have a good upbringing and for the most of it, a good life regardless of everything going on around me. You should try growing up in a war zone like that to toughen up a little.

I left N.I to join the Royal Air Force and served for 4 and a half years. I ended up not liking it in the end (even though it was always my dream and would do anything to get that dream) and in the end it wasn't for me.

In 2007, my partner at the time put the idea of coming to Aus into my head and I mulled it over for a few months before agreeing to it, it is such a change of life and circumstance that you cannot take it lightly. Came on the WHV and immediately fell in love with it. My partner and I broke up, she went back to the UK and I stayed here, as I had a good job with good prospects (unfortunately didn't work out). Met a girl, fell in love, and as the company we both worked for let me down with 3 weeks to go (yes, cut-throat) she decided in her infinite wisdom that she would move her whole life and 3 year old child to NZ with me until we met the eligibility requirements for the partner visa (after exhausting all other options). Someone so un-selfish right there.

We had a baby in Feb 2011, lovely little girl and are now at the 2nd stage process for my PR visa.

I have an awesome job that I love, and I have to work HARD at to make it a career. I am up at 6am every morning to get everyone ready for work/school/childcare, drop kids off, go to work, put in a hard days effort (just my work ethic), pick the kids up, go home, then go out to do some work that I have from my own IT business that I run. So essentially I am putting in 15 hour days + for not much more gain. Rent and food etc is expensive here. I have to make allowances for that somehow and by HARD WORK and a dedication to my chosen career I make it happen.

Going on different job choices on a daily basis just to get a visa is not the way to go. You need to get your issues sorted out first, I believe people have already directed you to that. Then you need to sit and think long and hard about what you want to do with your life, career wise. Not just a job to get a visa, but your long term career interest. Like others have also said, people are in a position of terminal illness that wish for another week, another month, another year of life on this earth. You should consider yourself lucky that you are not in that position, and get on with your life.

You did get in on a relationship visa in the end though so am not really sure where the moral of the story is here?

Jackrew,

you may not like the fact but wherever you live you spend most of your time at work, it's what we all do as adults. If you hate your job you could be in paradise and it would be worse than doing a good job that you enjoy, with good people that you enjoy being around, in some hellhole.

Seriously the happiest I've been is in Iraq and Kenya - because I was doing a great job with great people (and in the case of Kenya a really good family life as well). Does that mean that Iraq and Kenya are really great places that I'd recommend anyone and everyone to go live in? Get real.

You went to Australia on what was basically a holiday. Your back up option is Ayia Napa of all places - I know it well, lived in Cyprus 2006 - 2008. YOU ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM REALITY. Sorry for shouting but it needs to be said loud and clear. Life ain't a holiday mate.

If you do get a job you don't like just to be somewhere you will be unhappy. END OF DISCUSSION.

I seriously believe the difference between the UK and Australia is nowhere near as great as some people here, and elsewhere, make out. The differences between different areas of each country are bigger than the generic differences between the 2 countries IMO.

Also you are still you wherever you live. The biggest difference in my life has not been what country I've lived but what stage of life I've been at (student, single, working, engaged, married, 1 kid, 2 kid, 3 kids under 5 (sh1t, how did that happen!!!), unemployed, crap job, good job etc etc.) and I'd suggest that is true of virtually everyone.

Stop focussing on where you live and start focussing on how you live. If you need to see your GP, and I believe you do, hurry up and book an appointment.

Start living your life and stop running away from it.

Edited by Rugby Lad