Child Daycare Business Opportunities

Guest The.Colebecks

Guest The.Colebecks

Does anyone have first hand experience in getting involved in a child daycare business, either buying one or managing one?

Is childcare big business over in Perth?

Hubby and I are seriously thinking about investing in a business of some sort and with my childcare/teaching experience and his business experience we feel we could make a go of it - I'd have someone managing it for me but I'd be the on the clerical/accounts/financial side rather than childcare as I don't have formal daycare qualifications, only 11 years experience!

Anyone's experiences of buying a business in Oz would be appreciated.

Karen xx

I don't know about Perth but ABC childcare centres are springing up almost as quickly as Starbucks... I believe it is a franchise. There's one being built in Sanctuary Lakes as we speak.

Guest The.Colebecks
I don't know about Perth but ABC childcare centres are springing up almost as quickly as Starbucks... I believe it is a franchise. There's one being built in Sanctuary Lakes as we speak.

Thanks for that name, I've been looking at franchises but couldn't seem to come up with any one name in particular.

K x

Hi Karen

We are (hopefully) emigrating May/June this year to Qld. We have been looking for a Childcare centre for quite a while and although there are a few about for sale, they seem to get snapped up pretty quickly. The ones that take a while to sell are in the more remote areas. From the enquiries i have made, Childcare is a big earner all over Australia. I'm not sure about Perth but there are quite a few for sale in NSW and Qld.

A small (30-40 kids) leasehold centre would typically cost in the region of AU$ 350-500k (don't forget there is rent on top of that) . And a small Freehold centre would probably cost about AU$ 1.1m-1.3m.

Hope this helps

paul

ABC's are all over here as well but lots of private ones around as well. Mind there is always lots jobs in paper for child care staff they are in shorage over here. Most places cost around $55 per child per day here but as the govenment is quite generous with child care costs lots people put their children into day care sepcail as they do not start prep year until they are 5. My daughter misses the cut off by 6 days and will be 5 & half before she starts prep year and 6 & half before she starts year1 !

Em x

Guest Helaine

do you know if you get help with child care costs if you are on a 457 visa ? as my son will be 3 when we get there in june, also d you have childminders the same as over here ?

Guest The.Colebecks

Thanks for the info everyone, its looking fairly promising.

I'm still looking into franchise opportunities as well, it looks as though ABC centres are only on the East coast???

Does anyone know which childcare franchises (if any) operate in Perth?

Karen x

hi karen...

through all the research i have done, i don't think i have seen any childcare franchises anywhere in Oz. I know ABC are the biggest single Childcare provider in Australia, they are worth about 1 billion AU$ with about 800 of their own centres and i don't think would really need to Franchise.

Your best bet, depending on the funds you have available, would probably be (as a starter) to buy a small leasehold business. But as usual thats what it all depends on.....money

Paul

Guest The.Colebecks
hi karen...

through all the research i have done, i don't think i have seen any childcare franchises anywhere in Oz. I know ABC are the biggest single Childcare provider in Australia, they are worth about 1 billion AU$ with about 800 of their own centres and i don't think would really need to Franchise.

Your best bet, depending on the funds you have available, would probably be (as a starter) to buy a small leasehold business. But as usual thats what it all depends on.....money

Paul

Thanks Paul, good luck with your own venture.

Karen x

Guest homer and marge
Thanks for the info everyone, its looking fairly promising.

I'm still looking into franchise opportunities as well, it looks as though ABC centres are only on the East coast???

Does anyone know which childcare franchises (if any) operate in Perth?

Karen x

it might show centres in Perth

Hi Karen

I'm in the Uk training in childcare and have done a lot a fishing around to check if I can get work, A friend in Adelaide said there is tons of work going and ABC as said b4 is growing daly. Not sure if they are in Perth but I seem to remember seeing their ads in perth newspapers is Select employment, if you can find their web site then if they have lots of job ads then they must be in demand or have you tried putting childcare centres perth in your seach engine?

Hope you find what your looking for

Marge x

Guest The.Colebecks
it might show centres in Perth

Hi Karen

I'm in the Uk training in childcare and have done a lot a fishing around to check if I can get work, A friend in Adelaide said there is tons of work going and ABC as said b4 is growing daly. Not sure if they are in Perth but I seem to remember seeing their ads in perth newspapers is Select employment, if you can find their web site then if they have lots of job ads then they must be in demand or have you tried putting childcare centres perth in your seach engine?

Hope you find what your looking for

Marge x

Thanks Marge :wubclub:

do you know if you get help with child care costs if you are on a 457 visa ? as my son will be 3 when we get there in june, also d you have childminders the same as over here ?

hi Helaine,

you get no help with anything on a 457 visa.......I know I tried everything lol

Em x

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived