bonza2211

ENS186 -Direct : Please advise on VETASSESS / Assessment requirements! Please Please Please :)

DIAC

The following link : Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

Says that for the Direct Entry stream

If you apply for the Direct entry stream, you must:

1. provide a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
  2. provide evidence of at least three years of relevant work experience
  3. have competent English.

For #2 above : Are original letters from my overseas employer / payslip / contract letters sufficient?

For the 186-Direct Entry will DIAC consider 3 years work-ex even if it wasnt submitted to VETASSESS (it is relevant to my nominated occupation)

Previously I used this work experience with DIAC to approve my 457 which I assume they have on file. No assessment was required for the 457.

Now the next question :

VETASSESS

I understand what the skill assessment requirements are from VETASSESS.

• at least one year of employment completed at an appropriate level over the last five years in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation is required for all nominated occupation.

To speed up the process I've thought of only submitting my 18 months Australian work-ex (Marketing consultant and I just completed a Master of Marketing prior to that @ Uni Syd). So the educational qualification and work extremely tightly related. I also have a reasonably high salary bracket and I am employed by a very reputed firm that operates in my specific industry and I've also consistently been a top performer (certificates/awards to prove this).

So what I specifically need to know is if DIAC will only consider the same work-ex submitted to VETASSESS or the 2 can be independant! biggrin.gifconfused.gifrolleyes.gif

Anyone care to answer?

Do I need VETASSESS to verify the 3 years of work-ex in order for DIAC to accept it for Direct Entry?

Or does DIAC not care as long as I have a positive skill assessment?