October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

Guest colinmac
Hi All,

I got my 190 VISA grant mail today. Am very very happy :)

These were my timelines -

12 - oct -12 -> application lodged

2-Nov -12 -> CO was assigned from team 33 -brisbane

Got my medicals done on 30-Nov-2012

My medicals got referred and just when they were finalized, which was today , I got the VISA grant notification.

Thanks to everyone on this forum!!!

My sincere best wishes!! to all of you who are waiting ......

Well Done SWE. Fantastic news. Hope the rest of the process goes to plan

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i'm just wondering, i got my invitation to apply for 190 visa, can i still apply for a state nomination? I do intend to go to WA, and process skill select 190 & get WA sponsonship simultaneously, but it was approved the following day, leaving me no time to apply for state sponship..

I'm confused - unless you get state sponsorship you can't get a 190 invite.

Hi Colin & Alison,

I have also logged my application in October for 190 subclass and this is what we did;

1) You need to upload all your documents which shows that you are eligible and have sufficient points to apply for a visa.

2) Provide the documents that they require and then wait for C/O to be assigned and than if any additional documents are required then they will ask for it.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Romil

Hi All,

Me & my wife have lodged visa application for Sub class 190 in Oct.

CO is assigned, medicals are done, PCC is done. In short all the necessary documents are submitted and now just waiting for some answer.

Whenever, we check our status it is showing as "in progress".

Any idea on when to expect answer from them?

Time is a real killer:happy_face_outlaw_s

Regards,

Romil

Hi Everyone

I have been invited to apply for the 189 visa this Monday. I am having a small problem with the application process.

During the EOI submission I had only included my current job position (SDH Product Deputy Manager for 2 years) under the employment category and mistakenly entered the duration of the employment from the date of join up to date (Totally 5 years) . but when i joined the same company I was recruited as a Transmission Engineer for a duration of 3 years. I completely forgot to separate the 2 job titles and update in the EOI.

Now during the visa application form I wish to separate the 2 job titles as the employment service letter states I was promoted in 2010, 3 years after working as a Transmission engineer. I am really worried as to whether to separate the job titles, then the information will be different from the EOI. I am really scared if I do so the visa might be rejected.

The points will remain the same as I have a total of more than 5 years work experience in the same field just different titles.

It would be a great help if anyone could advice me regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by necromaniac85

Guest colinmac

Yabadabadoooooooooooooooooo. Visa grant this morning. Thanks to everyone who has helped us with the process.

Got to go to work now need to pay for the flights,shipping,rental etc etc etc.

Colin and Alison

Yabadabadoooooooooooooooooo. Visa grant this morning. Thanks to everyone who has helped us with the process.

Colin and Alison

CONGRATULATIONS Colin and Alison :xmas16:

All the best with the rest of your journey!!

Colin and Alison

Congratualtions with this wonderfull Christmas Gift!

All the best to your family in the New Year and in Australia! :xmas20::xmas17::xmas8:

I suppose tomorrow is the last chance to get any news from DIAC in this year?

Edited by MariaZiba

Colin and Alison

Congratulations to you both, see all good things come to those who wait well done!!!

Colin and Alison

Congratulations Colin & Alison, what a great Christmas present!! This gives me hope that our wait wont be too long either. :smile:

Really chuffed for you all, have fun planning your big move!

Delta

x

I lodged my 190 application 3 days ago and front loaded all docs. Today it changed from recommended to required on many docs and additionally a link appeared for "character requirement" (form 80, which I front loaded as well) underneath the organise medicals link.

Does it mean someone is working on it already? How do I know when a CO is assigned?

Colin and Alison

Congratulations Colin and Alison. Good luck with your next steps. Hopefully now I'm not too far behind :cute:

Guest colinmac

Thanks for all of the likes today. Really is a whirlwind. Hopefully now we can relax over the holiday period and have some fun. Hope everyone who is still waiting has good news waiting around the corner.

Small Question... Can anyone who has had their Grant please let me know how we pay the second installment. Being really lazy here but after doing the whole process DIY i can't be bothered tonight to find out haha.

Thanks for all of the likes today. Really is a whirlwind. Hopefully now we can relax over the holiday period and have some fun. Hope everyone who is still waiting has good news waiting around the corner.

Small Question... Can anyone who has had their Grant please let me know how we pay the second installment. Being really lazy here but after doing the whole process DIY i can't be bothered tonight to find out haha.

I think you only pay the second instalment if you have dependants that are over 18 and don't have English language skills?? I'm sure I read this somewhere???

Guest colinmac
I think you only pay the second instalment if you have dependants that are over 18 and don't have English language skills?? I'm sure I read this somewhere???

Hope your right Dinkydoo. The money is sitting waiting. However could be a really good xmas if your right.

Colin