October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

Hi all,

Congrats to all who got there sponsorship. I recently submitted my EOI on 04th October and applied for the sponsorship on to SA under 190 category on 09th october. I would also like to join this group.

I have a question, normally how long does the process take for the state to contact you regarding the application?

Hi Dushantan,if you notice my timeline, I applied for my SS on the 7th of Sept and i got a notification on my skillselect that they were keen to contact me (initial contact) on the 08th of Oct and i got my approval the day after. That's about 1 month from the time i applied for my SS. BTW, mine was WA. Hope that helps :)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone of you guys have listed your parents as dependents for Visa 190? I consulted a migration agent who did mention it was possible. However, I did not use an agent for my application at the end. I am just curious if this is going to work? Any pointers to share? Thanks and I appreciate your imput :)

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread....This is my first post..I'm an onshore 475 holder and have applied for 190

wasn't sure how to add a signature to my posts but here is my status:

WA SS(applied:11.09.12, approved:10.10.12), 190 lodged:11.10.12(all docs uploaded including PCCs and Meds),CO:TBA

Good luck all

Good news when I woke up this morning - WA SS APPROVED!!! Form signed, scanned and emailed back straight away!

Been sorting out Police Checks all afternoon - takes a while when there's 5 of you!

Hoping to get our invite tomorrow so we can get the ball rolling on the FINAL phase of this process. Can't quite believe we've got so far this quickly - 8 days for Vetassess, and 3 weeks for SS. I'm hoping the visa grant goes quickly as well, and looking at other's processing times it probably will.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread....This is my first post..I'm an onshore 475 holder and have applied for 190

wasn't sure how to add a signature to my posts but here is my status:

WA SS(applied:11.09.12, approved:10.10.12), 190 lodged:11.10.12(all docs uploaded including PCCs and Meds),CO:TBA

Good luck all

Hi Jaso, after your first post, your signature option will be activated. Get on settings on the top right of the page and you should be able to see the signature option. Hope that helps :)

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone of you guys have listed your parents as dependents for Visa 190? I consulted a migration agent who did mention it was possible. However, I did not use an agent for my application at the end. I am just curious if this is going to work? Any pointers to share? Thanks and I appreciate your imput :)

Hi Sumithra,

You can add your parents as migrating or non-migrating dependents.

Migrating: You would need to prove that they are completely dependent on you and there is no one else to take care of them in your current country. There may be other requirements.

Non-Migrating: If you add them as non-migrating dependents then you have to submit Medical results for them as well - eventhough they are non-migrating. Remember there is DIAC norm in regard to Medicals - 1 fail all fail.

Just sharing whatever I know for you to think and decide.

Good luck!

Hi Sumithra,

You can add your parents as migrating or non-migrating dependents.

Migrating: You would need to prove that they are completely dependent on you and there is no one else to take care of them in your current country. There may be other requirements.

Non-Migrating: If you add them as non-migrating dependents then you have to submit Medical results for them as well - eventhough they are non-migrating. Remember there is DIAC norm in regard to Medicals - 1 fail all fail.

Just sharing whatever I know for you to think and decide.

Good luck!

Hi V, thanks for the reply. Appreciate :) Well, yes there is no one else to take care of them, however they are working to pass time. I am not sure if that is a problem. It may seem like they are not dependent after all. Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed! We applied for medicals and PCC last week. However, I am not clear if they need to meet english requirements. Rather confused, there is no much information to sieve through. Thanks :)

'however they are working to pass time.'

'However, I am not clear if they need to meet english requirements.'

Point 1, I don't think if they're able to work they'll be classed as dependent?

Point 2, As far as I understand ALL over 18's on the application have to meet the English requirement or they pay around $4000 to make sure if they need further education then the cost is covered.

Hi All. Just after a little advice. Got a message on Skill Select this morning saying there had been Initial Contact from Government of WA thanking me for my State Sponsorship App and that it will now be assigned to a case officer. Anyone let me know what sort of timeline is involved for a decision from now?

Be great to get the SS and the invite sorted and get on the thread full time. Fingers Crossed!!

Hi All

Just a quick update. Got the WA SS acceptance yesterday,18/10. Got our 190 visa invite this morning!! Woo Hoo!!

Just filling the online application through skill select. Having an issue with trying to get the form past the part to add the wife's maiden name though, sure it's just a tech fault.

Couple of questions someone may be able to help with. 1: The invite says it is valid for 60 days, is that 60 days to accept the invite and return the online application or 60 days to complete the whole application? I am assuming it is 60 days to accept and return?

2: Just got the passports out and found my son's has run out in August!! Does anyone think we will be able to do the application with an expired passport and submit the new passport details when we receive it or shall we get the new passport sorted and then return the invite?

Eeeeee, there's always something isn't there?

We are all still buzzing we got the invite though. :jiggy:

Hi All

Just a quick update. Got the WA SS acceptance yesterday,18/10. Got our 190 visa invite this morning!! Woo Hoo!!

Just filling the online application through skill select. Having an issue with trying to get the form past the part to add the wife's maiden name though, sure it's just a tech fault.

Couple of questions someone may be able to help with. 1: The invite says it is valid for 60 days, is that 60 days to accept the invite and return the online application or 60 days to complete the whole application? I am assuming it is 60 days to accept and return?

2: Just got the passports out and found my son's has run out in August!! Does anyone think we will be able to do the application with an expired passport and submit the new passport details when we receive it or shall we get the new passport sorted and then return the invite?

Eeeeee, there's always something isn't there?

We are all still buzzing we got the invite though. :jiggy:

Congrats on the invite. I don't know the answer to the 60 day query but I'd want to know if the time is in days or working days.

I know the TRA timescale is based on working days and therefore the 60 days they quote is actually 12 weeks. A lot longer than it first appears.

Edited by Gareth 666

Congrats Kev Rad - exactly the same here! We got our 190 invite this morning!

Spent most of the day on it, and it's now been submitted. We've also managed to get our medicals booked for this Monday afternoon! I can't believe how quick the whole thing is going.

Quick sense check - am I right in thinking I can now start uploading documents? I've started the document scanning, and will continue tomorrow, so I'll have most of them ready to upload.

Sent our police checks off today, and still waiting for copies of mine and my wife's full birth certificates to come (due next week). Hopefully at this rate by the time we get our case officer we should be good to go!

Point 2, As far as I understand ALL over 18's on the application have to meet the English requirement or they pay around $4000 to make sure if they need further education then the cost is covered.

Thanks for the reply, yes I think so too. Well, I'll see how it goes and shall update. :) Thanks again!

I too think the same.

AFAIK, for non-migrating dependents, you don't have to show English Language proof. However, Medicals are mandatory. Not sure about PCC though.

Here is a quick one

What is the status of your uploaded docs? Recommended -> Required -> Requested -> Received ? what happens after a case officer checks them? Will it change to "Met" or something?

After lodging the Visa it will be Recommened

Once you upload the documents, it will be Required

When you get acknowledgement email for valid application recd. some may be received and others required - not 100% sure on this

Once CO is assigned, he/she "may" change the status to Received and Met - but I heard some COs just leave the status as Required / Received even after Grant.

Hope this helps.

v 190,

I am about to lodge my visa for 190 WA SS.

I have a little doubt. I am not willing to show my parents as non-immigrating dependent family members as they have their own sources for survival and my brother and our family assets would be sufficient to support them financially and morally.

Need your comments on my decision to do so.

BTW. My WA SS approved on the same day when I received my agreement which I signed and sent back in an hour's time.

After lodging the Visa it will be Recommened

Once you upload the documents, it will be Required

When you get acknowledgement email for valid application recd. some may be received and others required - not 100% sure on this

Once CO is assigned, he/she "may" change the status to Received and Met - but I heard some COs just leave the status as Required / Received even after Grant.

Hope this helps.

V190 Thanks for your help.

I've also had another question which couldn't find any answer to yet.

I'm an onshore applicant(secondary applicant. My wife is the primary applicant). Just found out one of my PCC's that I'd used for my current visa(475) expired today. However, haven't been back to my country for like 3 years or so. and used to live in another country for which the PCC's are still valid for a few months.

I was thinking if my CO asks for a police check that would be easier for me to withdraw my application and wait till I become eligible for applying 887(my 475 pathway to PR) next year rather than starting over a long wait for PCC's. I'm sure even if I applied for new PCC's my wife's pcc as well as medicals would also expire by the time we got the first PCC. That's disappointing.

any comments?

Edited by Jaso

I paid for and completed my 190 visa today and was surprised to see how un unser friendly the attached document section is and how vague the 190 checklist is. What does everyone else think?

i am currently just asking the parents for copies of birth certificates and scanning in my other docs which are:

Vetassess positive assessment

employment references, payslips for nominated profession etc

ielts for wife and i

Passport bio pages

education proof

To sort:

pcc

medicals

birth certificatrs

also are there any forma i have to fill out and scan? I noticed there was a statement to sign but the link didnt work on evisa so i had to search on the immi website. Copied that text and signed it which i think you have to scan.

Apart from what i have mentioned is there anything obvious missing? Do i need to attach anything else? They already have state sponsorship information so for points purposes cant think of anything but any tips happily accepted.

Thanks all Ocotber Gang and heres to supporting each other.

naseefoz,

Congrats on your WA SS approval.

Yes, you don't have to show your parents as non-migrating dependents. There will be an option in your online application (e-Visa) where you can choose "No" for adding any non-migrating dependents.

Hope this helps.

V190 Thanks for your help.

I've also had another question which couldn't find any answer to yet.

I'm an onshore applicant(secondary applicant. My wife is the primary applicant). Just found out one of my PCC's that I'd used for my current visa(475) expired today. However, haven't been back to my country for like 3 years or so. and used to live in another country for which the PCC's are still valid for a few months.

I was thinking if my CO asks for a police check that would be easier for me to withdraw my application and wait till I become eligible for applying 887(my 475 pathway to PR) next year rather than starting over a long wait for PCC's. I'm sure even if I applied for new PCC's my wife's pcc as well as medicals would also expire by the time we got the first PCC. That's disappointing.

any comments?

Hi Jaso,

Firstly, I'm pretty sure you'll not get your Visa fee (~ $3,000) refunded if you withdraw your application. Well, if you are not worried to lose such an amount, no problem then :)

PCC request is based on Case Officer. Your CO may or may not accept the expired PCC you have in hand. It's either you apply for PCC now or wait for CO and see if he/she accepts the PCC you have.

Good luck!

Regards

I paid for and completed my 190 visa today and was surprised to see how un unser friendly the attached document section is and how vague the 190 checklist is. What does everyone else think?

i am currently just asking the parents for copies of birth certificates and scanning in my other docs which are:

Vetassess positive assessment

employment references, payslips for nominated profession etc

ielts for wife and i

Passport bio pages

education proof

To sort:

pcc

medicals

birth certificatrs

also are there any forma i have to fill out and scan? I noticed there was a statement to sign but the link didnt work on evisa so i had to search on the immi website. Copied that text and signed it which i think you have to scan.

Apart from what i have mentioned is there anything obvious missing? Do i need to attach anything else? They already have state sponsorship information so for points purposes cant think of anything but any tips happily accepted.

Thanks all Ocotber Gang and heres to supporting each other.

Adding a few:

Marriage Certificate

Employment proof: Tax Documents, Bank Statements - will strengthen the application

Resume

Professional Certifications (if any)

Hope this helps.