October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

seniors and fellow mates,

Called the DIAC day before yesterday, they told that my case is assigned to team 33.

They dint share any further info like co name etc.

Irony is that I haven't received any communication regarding CO allotment via e-mail. They also told that the CO is doing initial assessment of my application.

What does this initial assessment mean?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seniors and fellow mates,

Called the DIAC day before yesterday, they told that my case is assigned to team 33.

They dint share any further info like co name etc.

Irony is that I haven't received any communication regarding CO allotment via e-mail. They also told that the CO is doing initial assessment of my application.

What does this initial assessment mean?

i suspect all our CO will conduct documents assessment and verification once they are allocated.

after verification, they will contact applicants if further evidence documents are needed. That's why the first email CO sent to applicant is to ask for more evidence documents..

so.. behind the scene, they have actually conducted initial assessment before contacting applicant.

Yahhhooooooo.......friends....I just now received visa grant mail........I am so very happy today.....after spending so many sleepless and restless nights......today I have got what I wanted.....I am very happy....thank you friends for all your help and support!!

So finally I think Team 33 is on a roll now and granting visas....I am the second person to be granted visa by Team 33 today....

Finally I am a permanent resident of Australia!!! :ssign19::biggrin::wink:

Yahhhooooooo.......friends....I just now received visa grant mail........I am so very happy today.....after spending so many sleepless and restless nights......today I have got what I wanted.....I am very happy....thank you friends for all your help and support!!

So finally I think Team 33 is on a roll now and granting visas....I am the second person to be granted visa by Team 33 today....

Woo hoo!!!

i was just checking on here to see if more had been granted today, well done! I don't think it has sunk in for me since thurs yet although I did drink the champagne I'd been keeping to celebrate!!

well done,

zoe

good news.. despite the long verification process you have from your CO..

congratess

jealous jealous jealous

Thank you Plutology!! Yeah those were tough days for me....but am glad that everything is now behind me....I want to enjoy this moment!!! I am sure you will also get your grant also in the next few weeks.

Thank you delta, annetev, ztij2003.....yes its a great feeling......I will also celebrate this with my family!!!! Thanks to all the forum members who were there to guide and support....I wish all of you who are still waiting to hang in there....I am sure you will get your visas!!!

Cheers,

jbb

Congratulations, jbb! Really good news! Were there any verification checks(e-mails, calls from embassy etc)? And what are the initials of your CO? Thanks.

Thank you newwave!! Yes DIAC had emailed my current company the documents I had sent them to validate. I had also received call from the Australian Embassy from New Delhi and was asked employee code....date of joining, last date...designation from my previous company as well as current company. I do not know if they did any verification from my previous company or not though.....

My CO was AK from team 33.

All the best with your application!!

Edited by jbb

Thank you newwave!! Yes DIAC had emailed my current company the documents I had sent them to validate. I had also received call from the Australian Embassy from New Delhi and was asked employee code....date of joining, last date...designation from my previous company as well as current company. I do not know if they did any verification from my previous company or not though.....

Congratulations on your visa jbb!

Do DIAC contact all current employers for applicants? My current employers does not know about my application, so i'm a little worried about this (i'm at state sponsorship stage). Thanks

That's amazing news, WELL DONE!!!! Team 33 and AK are definitely on a roll!!

Just feel that stress lifting off your shoulders, after all the worrying its an amazing feeling.

Best wishes for your future plans in Oz.

Congratulations on your visa jbb!

Do DIAC contact all current employers for applicants? My current employers does not know about my application, so i'm a little worried about this (i'm at state sponsorship stage). Thanks

Thank you finnijo!!

Even I had not informed my HR about my visa application....they came to know about it when DIAC sent them the email.....my HR was pissed off hearing about this....but as you can see that they did not give any false information and validated the email which DIAC had sent them. Good luck with your application!

That's amazing news, WELL DONE!!!! Team 33 and AK are definitely on a roll!!

Just feel that stress lifting off your shoulders, after all the worrying its an amazing feeling.

Best wishes for your future plans in Oz.

Thanks d4ddyc001 for all your support!! Yes I team 33 is on a roll today....I already read 3 people getting their grants today!! I hope and pray all our friends get their grants soon....

Thank you finnijo!!

Even I had not informed my HR about my visa application....they came to know about it when DIAC sent them the email.....my HR was pissed off hearing about this....but as you can see that they did not give any false information and validated the email which DIAC had sent them. Good luck with your application!

Thanks for the heads up jjb. It's a difficult one to decide what to do? Tell them & if I get the visa then I've been open, but it's a huge risk as if I don't get the visa, I could have burnt my bridges in a big way! Lots to think about!

When / where in Australia are you planning to go? What is your occupation?

congratulations JBB.

Very happy for you on your visa grant today.

All the very best for your future plans and party hard for now...

Cheers

NAseef

Thanks Naseefoz!

I have seen one of the forum members get a CO assigned and after 2 days the visa has been granted. So it is quite possible that your application might already have been allocated to a CO and he is already processing it. It is possible that the only communication you receive from the CO is that you have been granted the visa!! :biggrin::wink:

So do not get disheartened!!! Good luck with your application.....

My CO was AK from team 33.

Hi, jbb

First of all Congratulations on your visa grant.

My CO is also AK frm Brisbain Team 33.Could you please share how she is, means is she a tough person to deal with? and why it took so long for verification frm CO side, did'nt you provided all the documents? what was the main focus of CO for verification?

Edited by OZFEVER

Hi, jbb

First of all Congratulations on your visa grant.

My CO is also AK frm Brisbain Team 33.Could you please share how she is, means is she a tough person to deal with? and why it took so long for verification frm CO side, did'nt you provided all the documents? what was the main focus of CO for verification?

Thank you ozfever!!

I think AK is cool....she did not bother me or my agent at all...she just sent email 3 times since the time she was allocated my case....one is the email she sent informing us that she is the CO processing my application....second....she replied back acknowledging that she had received the documents which she had requested to be resent via email.....third......she wrote to inform us that I have got the visa granted....:biggrin::wink:

I do not know if she did the job verification from all the applicants she handles....I feel the only reason she might have done verification is because I had claimed 8 yrs of exp which gave me 15 points for work exp....when I had done my skill evaluation from ACS,...that time I had not got my skills assessed from my current company since I had just joined and was just 2-3 months old only.....later at the time of visa application I was almost 1 year old in my current company....and therefore had to submit reference letter signed by my colleague...as I did not want to discuss about this with my HR...since I was barely one year old in the company.....so I feel they may have just verified to confirm if I actually am eligible for the extra 5 points which I had claimed in my application or not....also apart from that I was also awaiting PCC from another country where I had spent more than 12 months....I guess I might have got the visa much earlier say by Nov 20 or so but since I did not have the PCC in my hand....therefore it took a little bit longer....i submitted my PCC on 28th Nov and got the visa on 3rd Dec...nonetheless I am very happy that its over and now I have a PR .

Good luck with your application.....

Edited by jbb

Guest colinmac

Well done JBB.

Really fantastic news. Unfortunately we are still waiting. Team 2 is being soundly beaten by team 33. :-((((

Will give them until 9th Dec as that will be 4 weeks from meds were refered.

Colin

Well done JBB.

Really fantastic news. Unfortunately we are still waiting. Team 2 is being soundly beaten by team 33. :-((((

Will give them until 9th Dec as that will be 4 weeks from meds were refered.

Colin

Thanks colin!! I am a relieved person today.....yeah team 33 was on a roll today....granted visas to 3 people...all of them had CO assigned on 25th Oct....I understand how feel Colin.....but cheer up.....I guess it is more of a formality in your case.....once your meds are cleared....I guess you will get your visa in 2-3 days max......have some more patience and hang in there....thanks for all the support and guidance you have provided to me and other members of this forum!! All the best with your application!!

Still no communication regarding CO allottment.

Sad :(

Don't despair! I got my case officer one day and the visa the next, so they must do some processing before we hear about the case officer. Is also heard about someone getting their grant without ever hearing from the case officer

good luck

Congrats JBB excellent news for you!!!!