Latest processing dates

Guest choobs

Guest choobs
OH WELL, GETTING USED TO THIS GUTTED FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACHE AND TO BURSTING INTO TEARS AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT, HAVE EVEN STOPPED WEARING MASCARRA SO I DONT LOOK SUCH A MESS ALL THE TIME :lol: .

PERHAPS IM A BIT MORE CHILLED ABOUT DATES THIS WEEK BECAUSE WE SOLD THE HOUSE AT THE WEEKEND, TRYING NOT TO GET TOOOOOO EXCITED BUT AT LEAST IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS HAPPENING.

I WORK IN A SCHOOL AND GO BACK IN 2 WEEKS AFTER SITTING AROUND STARING AT THE COMPUTER FOR THE LAST 6 WEEKS WHATS THE BETTING EVERYTHING WILL HAPPEN AT ONCE........LETS HOPE EH :!: :!:

LESLEYXX

Hang in there - it'll be your turn soon. For what it's worth, the post-case-officer wait is much more painful and yours is likely to be shorter than ours, so you'll be fine :)

Cheers

Choobs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest THE JONEZYS

Thanx Choobs,

I can always rely on someone on here to say the right words to make me smile :D when I'm feeling a bit :cry: trouble is, at the moment one ends up making me do the other :!: am I loosing the plot I wonder or is it just a case of VISAPROCESSINGDELAYITUS do you think :?:

Lesley :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry:

Guest THE JONEZYS

Did the kitchen last week, after I finished the bedroom. This morning I have cut the lawn and painted the down stairs loo ceiling. Sold the house at the weekend so only doing jobs that won't cost anything.....except ironing of course, that can always wait :!:

Lesley xx

Guest jordan

As of 29 August 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating

applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE APPLICATIONS

Student/Graduate

Paper based applications: 13 April 2006 (for subclass 880 ) and 5 April

2006 (subclasses 881 and 882)

E-lodged (online) applications: 27 March 2006 (for all subclasses)

Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR VISA)

Paper based applications: 11 May 2006

E-lodged (online) applications: 1 May 2006

New Zealand

All applications: 28 November 2005 (all subclasses)

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

Applications for Classes BN, BQ and BR (subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138 and

139)

Priority Applications: In the range of 6 March to 15 March 2006

Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 13 January to 23 January 2006

Paper based applications: 24 April 2006

E-lodged (online) applications: 18 June 2006

There moving yipee!!!!!!!! Come on the 4th April.

Stacey xx

Guest Pesky Varmit

Its nearly us too!! Come on ASPC, have to be out of house in 9 weeks.

Good luck eveyone, it's going to be a very long week!! :lol:

As of 5 September 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating

applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE APPLICATIONS

Student/Graduate

Paper based applications: 13 April 2006 (for subclass 880 ) and 5 April

2006 (subclasses 881 and 882)

E-lodged (online) applications: 19 April 2006 (for all subclasses)

Paper based applications: 11 May 2006

New Zealand

All applications: 28 November 2005 (all subclasses)

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

139)

Priority Applications: 20 March 2006

Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 25 January to 1 February 2006

Paper based applications: 24 April 2006

15 more days then it's me. :D

Guest Watersports

Still on priority applications for March......Christmas is definitely going to be spend in the UK then :(

Hey - any of you guys who are on your way over to Adelaide, see if you can get a job at the processing centre so that you can push all our applications through quicker :wink:

Thank you that's nice of you to try and cheer me up about this bloody waiting lark! :D

Can't help feeling robbed of my head start I had in mind for my new life! I suppose it is the rest of my life I'm thinking about so a month here or there shouldn't make to much difference in the long run!

:roll:

Guest THE JONEZYS

HIYA BEKI & STACEY

how you doin :?: I seem to be spinning from angry resolve to utter despair. I have got to the stage where if I dont keep my feelings and thoughts in check they will burst to the surface and then I dont know what will happen. Even a glass of wine doesn't help any more :wink: I think I am most definately loosing the plot arggggggggghhhhh something has got to happen soooooooooooooooon :!: :!: :!:

LESLEYXX

Hi Lesley everything has been sent off now, getting so fed up of waiting. Since January we have had to wait for references, TRA, police checks, house sale, summer etc etc. I just can't wait no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have booked ourselves a holiday, 2 weeks in Cyprus just to get away from it. Need a break. Got to be out of our house on the 6th Oct leaving for Cyprus 8th Oct.

So looking forward to it, just nice to be thinking of something else apart from Visa. Sending Karma your way.

Stacey xx

[/img]

Hi! I'm trying my hardest to stay positive and not to think about it too much but I can't help but feel cheated. I had such high hopes of a fast visa at first and I've been on such a high about it being nearly our turn that now the high's over I feel really deflated and let down almost to the extent that I'd be able to take total rejection on the chin without too many toys flying out the pram...like, WHATEVER!

The apathy feeling is dominant at the moment, I still hope constantly but now it's a hope without the umph! :? All the excitement has been crushed and I'm just totally bored with not being able to do anything towards our future life in Australia. LIMBOLAND is a really good way of describing how I feel about where I am at the moment. :(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET IT BE US SOON!!!!!!!!

Guest THE JONEZYS

HI ALL,

HATE TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT MY AGENT HAS TOLD ME TODAY THAT DELAYS ARE ALSO OCCURING ONCE YOU HAVE A CO AND ALL YOUR PAPER WORK IS IN :!: HE RECKONS IT COULD TAKE UPTO ANOTHER 2 MONTHS TO GET VISAS :twisted:

AT THE MOMENT I AM NUMB AS AFTER FINALLY GETTING A CO ON THURSDAY, HAVE JUST FOUND OUT TODAY, THAT ON FRIDAY SHE WENT ON HOLIDAY FOR A FORTNIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

THIS IS NOW JUST LAUGHABLE :lol: :lol: :lol:

LESLEY

BY THE WAY THESE ARE THE LATEST PROCESSING DATES

As of 12 September 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is

allocating applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE APPLICATIONS

Student/Graduate

Paper based applications: 9 May 2006 (subclass 880 ) and 28 April 2006

(subclass 881) and 4 April 2006 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (online) applications: 5 May 2006 (all subclasses)

Paper based applications: 15 March 2006 (data correction)

New Zealand

All applications: 12 January 2006 (all subclasses)

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

139)

Priority Applications: 14 to 22 March 2006

Non-Priority Applications: 20 February 2006

Paper based applications: 14 March 2006 (data correction)

Notes

Onshore: means that the visa being applied for can be granted while the

applicant is in Australia.

e-lodged: applications lodged online have quicker processing times.

See: Online Services - General Skilled Migration

SIR visas: All applicants for a Skilled - Independent Regional [sIR]

visa receive priority processing.

Offshore: means that the visa being applied for can only be granted

when the applicant is outside of Australia.

If a visa application was made before the earliest relevant date as

shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre at:

adelaide.skilled.centre@immi.gov.au

Applications eligible for priority processing

1. Applicants whose nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occuptations in Demand List (MODL)

2. For applicants whose nominated occupation is not on the MODL,

applications for any of the following visas are given priority:

a) Skill Matching (Migrant) (Class BR) - Subclass 134 - Skill Matching

b) Skilled - Independent (Migrant) (Class BN) – Subclass 137 - Skilled -

State/Territory-nominated Independent

c) Skilled - Australian-sponsored (Migrant) (Class BQ) - Subclass 139 -

Skilled - Designated Area – Sponsored

d) Skilled - Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) - Subclass

495 - Skilled - Independent Regional (Provisional)

e) Skilled New Zealand (Residence) visa class (Class DB) - Subclass 863

- Skilled - Onshore Regional-Sponsored New Zealand Citizen

f) Skilled — Australian-sponsored Overseas Student (Residence) (Class

DE) - Subclass 882 - Skilled — Designated Area-sponsored Overseas

Student

Eligibility for priority processing does not mean that any processing

requirements can be waived.

Finalising Applications

Please note that the information provided above is not about the time it

will take to process an application to completion. The time it is

expected to take to process a General Skilled Migration visa application to

completion is detailed in the department's service standards. Service

standards are specified for applications lodged with complete

documentation. Individual cases may take longer than the service standard

depending on the completeness and complexity of the case. For further

information on service standards see: service standards

(Embedded image moved to file: pic03297.jpg)

Telephone + 61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia) 1300 364 613 (within

Australia)

Facsimile + 61 (0) 8 8237 6629 · Website: http://www.immi.gov.au

Email: adelaide.skilled.centre@immi.gov.au

Download this as a file

EYXX

I've mentioned this before but without being rude, you guys make me laugh. You want a new life here because of the opportunities and in many cases (not all I admit) you are fed up with all and sundry pouring into the UK.

Yet you get angry and frustrated at the fact that it takes a while to check out you bona fides and have them processed etc. It's because of these very checks and balances that Australia does not suffer from the same problems as the UK (although it does have plenty of its own problems).

I suggest some perspective. Most of you are coming for a life changing experience, and how long have you got left to live? between 30 and 60 years for most I would guess. Is a few more more months in England really going seem that bad once you are here?

Australia isn't going anywhere. Just chill, we'll wait for you 8)

I haven't read the whole thread, but are processing times differend if you're sending your visa app to Canberra? (Which I am going to do in my lunch break TODAY! It's taken weeks to get it all ready!) I was really hoping that it might be 2 months or less from sending it off to getting it approved.

Ian - I agree that a few months will not make a difference, but this whole process can easily become an obsession - when it takes over your life then "a few months" is a LONG time! A lot of people, I think, are already there in their minds, so time in England waiting is wasted time. I am at least partly in that category myself. If there was a visa and a flight for me going tomorrow, I'd be on it! I feel so ready to go and get started on that chapter of my life.

I understand your frustration. Look at this way, if it was easy and quick, there would be so many more ping pong Poms, at least this way you time to really evaluate what you're leaving. Of course the danger is for some that the extended wait could place unrealistic expectations on your arrival/life here, but I certainly hope not.

I'll say this, I've seen 21 countries, and my favourite country that I've spent most time in without actually moving there is Colombia. I absloutely love it there. On my first trip I met some good people, and subsequent trips saw me hook up with locals and expats.

One day we were travelling on the bus in Bogota and I remarked how I couldn't wait to move over ( I didn't as I ended up meeting my wife here) but this guy said something that I've never forgotten, he said:

"You know, it doesn't matter where you, after a while everywhere is normal"

So I know in your minds you're here, but I would encourage you not to wish away the time there, see things you haven't seen over there etc, as very soon your life will return to normal here, work, home, family, repeat. You'll have the rest of your life to discover Oz, make sure you do something with your time left in Blighty and the time will soon pass :wink:

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Ian

Wise words, very wise and I garee wholeheartedly.

'Wherever you go, there you are'. Life soon reverts to normality and noveltys wear off (I actually look forward to rain now and go out in it!)

Enjoy what you have, because believe me there will be times when you look back and wish you had made the most of the days with your friends and family - you are creating the memories of tomorrow.

Phil

Hi Ian,

While you are, of course, right in essence, it's a perspective that easiest held when you're not stuck in temporary accomodation with your entire life put on hold. You can't buy anything new because then you have to ship it. You have children who are really excited about moving but don't yet know when. You don't want to spend any money as you're trying to take as much as possible with you, and you've been living in limbo for the better part of two years. If we live for another 30 to 60 years, as you suggest, then we're spending 7% to 4% of that doing nothing but waiting on an application to reach the top of a queue.

So yes - it is frustrating ;-)

Choobs

I SUPPOSE FOR ME THE FRUSTRATING THING IS THAT IN MY MIND I'M NOT THERE. I STILL FEAR GETTING MY VISA TURNED DOWN.

IF I KNEW EITHER WAY THEN I COULD GET ON WITH MY LIFE.

IF ITS GOING TO BE IN ENGLAND SO BE IT (IT'S STILL ONE OF THE BEST COUNTRYS IN THE WORLD)

I JUST HOPE IT'LL BE AUSSIE (MAYBE THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?).

JOHN

It is true that planning to to move away can spur you on to do things here.

Other people on here have commented that they've seen some family members more since they announced their big move - I saw a friend this evening that I haven't seen in the best part of a year and she only lives 40min away. So it can be a really positive thing. I'm also making a conscious effort to see family as much as possible, especially those that I rarely see on a normal basis - and I'm doing lots of family research as well, that would be much harder to try and do from Oz.

I've decided to relish the winter, however miserable it is, because I won't get the chance to wear lovely high boots and long coats and warm jumpers and hats and scarfs and gloves half so much when I am in NSW! Nor will it be dark at three and drizzle won't glisten in the streetlights (as the slush soaks through your shoes and turns your toes numb.... ) :?

I'm coming to the conclusion that you can't control everything in your life but - to a degree - you can choose how you are going to react to it & deal with it.

Life's too short to be miserable - here or there!

(Having said all of that, I posted our visa app today and can't stop thinkintg about what stage it's got to - probably in the central sorting office now!)

Archived