JoP

Its all happening!

Hi All

Well its all happenening and i feel like im on a rollercoaster and cant get off:wacko: The packers arrive next Wed 17th and our house sale completes the following week 24th so we are busy cleaning stuff, selling stuff, and deciding what we need in suitcases versus whats going in container. We have opened aussie bank accounts and got a serviced apartment for a month with a v friendly family in Monbulk just near Berwick which is where we would like to get long term rental. We have booked our flights for 3rd Nov and it seems to be approaching very quickly. There is 2 things bothering me, we have started the goodbys and my god its harder then i ever imagined even thinking about it brings on the tears again, the other thing is my little 3yr old boy, i keep trying to explain that people will be coming and taking our things to our new house in a big wagon, as he will be around when packers come. He is already in tears when we have sold some furniture so i dread to think what its going to be like when they take his bed, wardrobe etc. Iv put a suitcase out and let him choose what toys he wants to keep with us, but i dont think he really understands but i dont want to underestimate those little ears.

Anyway not long now, and im starting to get a bit excited but it feels like a long list of jobs away!!!:biggrin:

I keep telling myself if all of you can do it so can we xxxxx

Jo p

Hi Jo P,

Good luck with everything.

My husband and 5yo leave in two weeks, then I'll follow with our 12yo March 2013 (we have a holiday to validate visa's in Nov).

We're hoping to be based in Parkdale or Mentone long term, but have also considered Berwick.

It is a v scary time but also v exciting and you'll find the little one will cope fine. As long as Mummy is ok, I'm sure he will be (and

he'll have his favourite toys at hand which always helps).

Try and remain calm and get that checklist ticked one by one, it seems endless but you'll get all the jobs done - look how far you've

come already!

Best of luck with everything, keep us posted with your progress.

K

Guest EMU2

HI Jo P,

2 days until the packers arrive!! I am mid sub class 457 application at the moment, the start date the company are hoping to acheive is imminent !!!!

Please could you provide me with the details of who you have set bank accounts up with? Was it easy enough to apply on line? What level of opening balances were needed? Its one thing that I haven't given any thought to what with everything else, any help you can give would be appreciated!

Sam

Please PM me or answer on here.

Edited by Munchkinella
Removed personal details

Hi All

Well its all happenening and i feel like im on a rollercoaster and cant get off:wacko: The packers arrive next Wed 17th and our house sale completes the following week 24th so we are busy cleaning stuff, selling stuff, and deciding what we need in suitcases versus whats going in container. We have opened aussie bank accounts and got a serviced apartment for a month with a v friendly family in Monbulk just near Berwick which is where we would like to get long term rental. We have booked our flights for 3rd Nov and it seems to be approaching very quickly. There is 2 things bothering me, we have started the goodbys and my god its harder then i ever imagined even thinking about it brings on the tears again, the other thing is my little 3yr old boy, i keep trying to explain that people will be coming and taking our things to our new house in a big wagon, as he will be around when packers come. He is already in tears when we have sold some furniture so i dread to think what its going to be like when they take his bed, wardrobe etc. Iv put a suitcase out and let him choose what toys he wants to keep with us, but i dont think he really understands but i dont want to underestimate those little ears.

Anyway not long now, and im starting to get a bit excited but it feels like a long list of jobs away!!!:biggrin:

I keep telling myself if all of you can do it so can we xxxxx

Jo p

Hi Jo

I moved out almost 9 weeks ago - my husband has been over since May and I stayed at home with our 3 children (15, 12 & 3) to let them finish the school year and sort out the house et.

My little un is the exact same when it comes to getting rid of things (one car boot sale I think we ended up giving up and putting all the toys back in the car). As i was on my own and dealing with the packers I just knew it wouldn't work having him around. I gave him his Trunky and let him pick things to go on the airplane with (I kept a few other little things back also to surprise him with) - what I also did was arrange that he wasn't there at all by putting him in 2 full days at nursery for when the Packers were going to be in the house - cost a fortune but meant less heartbreak or tantrums I feel. Depending on how long they have quoted it may only be 1 day and its all over but for us when he got home at the end of the first day all of his and 90% of the other furniture was all wrapped up in the removal packaging and he thought it was fab and seemed to start understanding the process a little bit then and guess playing around the boxes etc was like an adventure. He was a little stunned the 2nd day when it was all gone but I do believe that had he been there to see the things being dismantled and loaded and driven away he would have had an absolute paddy!

A few other things we also did was to show him photos on the internet of the big shipping containers and ships and when we were out in the car we looked out for transporters with containers on them and played at guessing where they were going or contained etc and I think that got him a little bit more into it all.

We are hopefully moving to Berwick area in next 4 weeks from Glen Waverley, we attended a Meet-Up there organised via the sister site of here and it was great to meet other people in similar situations and circumstances, plus most of the people were young families so the kids got a lot from it also. A few of us are planning more get togethers etc that you would be more than welcome to come along to.

Keep in touch - you wouldn't believe how nice it is just to have a friendly face to put the world to right after you have been here a few weeks.

L x

Hi Jo (and Ben :) )

good luck tomorrow with the packers. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how smoothly it will all go. Dont forget they have done that sort of thing thousands of times.

keep the tea & biscuits flowing, and make sure they dont pack the passports & flight tickets by mistake (its been done before LOL)

p.s. You can tell Ben that when he arrives, we have lots of toys ready for him and there is an enormous trampoline for him to play on as well. :wink:

:wink:

I know exactly how you feel. Nothing seemed to happen for ages now everything is all systems go!!!

Our stuff went 3 weeks ago, luckily my 5 yr old was at school so missed most of it but did seem quite excited about it all until he realised his computer had gone, then we had a few tears. We now have fun tracking the ship so he knows where his toys are.

I handed my notice in 2 weeks ago, accepted a job offer, booked our leaving party and a seperate one just for our son, booked flights and accommodation, sorted the bank accounts out, our house sale has completed today now the last leg is to get the dogs arranged for transportation. I'm going through a mixture of emotions at the mo, happy and sad, excited and nervous xx

Living our dream :biggrin:

Hi All

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement, im just waiting for packers to arrive this morning and feel dare i say it quite organised, i will be glad when all the stuff goes as the house is a tip it driving me mad! Ben is very excited about going to a new home especially with the trampoline! Im starting to get a bit excited and i keep pinching myself because i cant believe its happening. We would love to meet up with everyone once we arrive im really looking forward to that bit, good food,wine, sun and nice people what more do you want xxx

See you all soon wahooooooooo!

Jo, Richard and Ben

Exciting times ahead Jo! :biggrin:

Love reading updates!

Wishing you all good things for your new life in Aus.

Jxxxx

' Life is but a fleeting moment.....so do not waste a second on something that doesn't make you smile.' :wubclub:

Don't forget to give us an update once you arrive.

'See' you on the other side :smile:

Hello everyone

Well we are now homeless and all our worldly belongings are making the long journey. We are staying with a friend till we fly on Saturday so it's lovely waking up and not having my long list of jobs to do. We had a leaven do last night which I really enjoyed and even managed a speech ! So this week it's saying goodbye to my family so I have a real sinking feeling, I'm not looking forward to it at all. It really doesn't get any easier, but this time next week we will be with you all. He he xxxx see you sooooonnnn x

Hi Jo and family.

Good luck with the goodbyes. Dont forget to Keep in mind why you have chosen to make the move and as a bonus think about the fact that its 30 degrees for the next few days and the weekend is high 20's when you arrive. It should help. LOL

C U guys next week and have a good journey.

Paul.

Sent from my iPhone because my kids are on MY laptop again.

:wink:

I hope its all gone smoothly for you. x Just wondered from any of you really what removal people you used how much etc? Thanks