Stuck between visa grant , finishing PhD and moving - 6 weeks is not enough

shellsparkles

I probably should apologies for this post before I start!

Funny how you cant wait for the move to Australia to come then all of a sudden there is no time left?

Jason had been planning to go back to Australia long before we met. We had discussed the prospect of both of us moving to Australia, in the early dating phase and then all of a sudden Jason's visa was granted. It was a weird time. I was happy he was fulfilling his dream but sad that my dream- a PhD would stop me being with him for the time being.

After the tearful good byes we spent a sad 5 months apart, communicating as most in the same predicament do through skype and accumulating ££ on the phone bills. We wished the weeks away until my visit to Australia 5 months later. It was strange then, time almost froze, 6 weeks were no longer 6 weeks more like 6 years -of bliss.

Needless to say the day of separation was hard on both of us. My mum and family said when i came home that i was behaving like I was at a permanent wake . Every day then seemed like two, every day two good mornings were said and two good nights.

Three more months past and Jason came home, neither of us could handle it any more, my work was sliding too, primarily because I was a tearful wreck.

So time flew past, my visa was applied for in April - no worries mate 6 months to write the thesis!

Time flies past, September - visa granted, first draft to supervisors - check

Flights booked in a moment of excitement /irrationality - 29 November:biggrin:

Totally Completed thesis to examiner 1 November at the latest:arghh:

Final Exam for PhD 20 th November:err:

I just don't know where the time has went to. I feel so bad letting the OH sort out the arrival plans and for looking at him blankly when he suggests another house/ location. I just cant process the whole thing at the minute. Jobs on arrival- really ? what? Applications/CV's covering letters - what? When??

I cant even think about where/when/ how the house is going to get packed up/sold nevermind who is going to adopt my child, Rolo (hes a rabbit btw!)

SO 7 weeks. I know I should be excited but I am so scared right now

As I said I'm sorry for this post. I just needed to rant a little, clear my head :arghh:

All I can say, is that the fear will pass. I'm leaving on Sunday on my own to go to Brisbane. I've been terrified for weeks now about leaving my job, friends and family. I have had a constant and relentless nausea in the last 4 weeks. Bu in my final few days at home, the fear is going and is being replaced by excitement. I was told this would happen by several members on here but you have to go through it to really know. It will be good for you to be busy. I said yes to every invite so I didn't have time to think about the enormity of what I was doing. You will be fine though. But just remember to take a deep breath and a quiet moment to yourself every now and again before you get there.:hug:

Oh wow, it's all going on for you right now! Bet you know what your hard work and determination will pay off in the end - with a PhD and going to aus with your man! Can't get any better than that hey. Good luck with your exam, I guess that is the priority right now so just focus on that, i am sure you will be fine, and I'm sure you partner can handle tying up loose ends going to aus! Try to have fun in your last weeks too! No good being all stressed about this and not having any fun :) again lots of luck with your exam and have a safe journey to aus. I am sure it will all fall into place eventually! xx