Finding Rental accommodation in Perth is a Nightmare

thewebweazel

OK. Im seriously stressed now, hubby completed KPMG tests and although a very kind couple have offered they house to us for a few months in Hillarys, Perth, if he gets the job, I have 3 big dogs coming out and we will need to rent. Now obviously there will be help with finding somewhere as a relocation package which would confirm our seriousness in staying in the country backed up with Ozzy KPMG references, is this going to be enough? I have no issue with my dogs staying outside at night, not my fault if they creep back in when Im asleep tho!! Hillarys looks a great place and the school system from start to finish has been highly recommended so Im really positive, except our dogs will only be doing the 30 days quarentine so we have a maximum of 3 months to find a permanent rental with garden and access to dog walking beaches...anyone got one!

We live in Hillarys are pay $600 a week for a small house with a garden which is smaller than the patio we had in the UK! Its about 6ft x 25ft. This was by far the cheapest house we found in Hillarys - The next "least expensive" was $700 a week.

You have to get permission from the council to keep more than 2 dogs. I believe they'll come and inspect the property to see if it's suitable.

We have just one dog, a lab X who will be joining us in January, we've been here since September and that's the earliest they could get him into quarantine. Have a look on the real estate websites but dont tick the "pets allowed" box - Instead, click into the listings and rule out those which say NO PETS (normally at the end of the description). We found many agents and landlords were happy to consider pets.

In the end our rental experience was no where near as bad as other people's - I think it comes down to how much you're willing/able to afford. Naturally everyone likes to spend as little as possible and get the stereotypical Aussie house if they can. That's why the houses with decent gardens, in a good area at less than $550 per week are so problematic/popular.

Our house had been empty for a month and the agent had put on a viewing 2 weeks before the one we attended - That first viewing session resulted in no applications.

Edited by Goochie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic