Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Pom Queen
Got my mobile camping/cooking set up started.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21130[/ATTACH]

now to start saving for a Waeco or Engel for the fridge/cooker slide.

just found a water storage system with built in pump as well.

We struggle with the Pajero and a huge roof rack so I don't know how you manage to fit everything in.

I think our fridge is an ever cool as I'm sure they said it was the same insides as the Waeco or Engel

Guest The Pom Queen
I broke it again offroading a couple of weeks ago :(

hit a tree stump and did over $10k of damage. Luckily covered by shannons offroad, so being fixed and get he back next week.

Ahh you may ahve answered a question there, is Shannons like the RACV for if you want to go off roading or is it a special car insurance you are suppose to have and if so can you give me a rough idea of costs?

Ahh you may ahve answered a question there, is Shannons like the RACV for if you want to go off roading or is it a special car insurance you are suppose to have and if so can you give me a rough idea of costs?

I have the RACV total cover package which covers breakdowns offroad, but in this case, I hit a tree stump so classified therefore as an accident.

RACV did put me through to a recovery company (I got the vehicle onto a normal dirt road for the recovery) but the costs and everything else went through my insurance with shannons.

Because my vehicle is heavily modified, I am classified as an enthusiast, and therefore am able to insure under shannons. I had an agreed value of just under $50K and fully comp insurance I was paying about $1300 per year. That is now obviously going up I expect.

Guest The Pom Queen
I have the RACV total cover package which covers breakdowns offroad, but in this case, I hit a tree stump so classified therefore as an accident.

RACV did put me through to a recovery company (I got the vehicle onto a normal dirt road for the recovery) but the costs and everything else went through my insurance with shannons.

Because my vehicle is heavily modified, I am classified as an enthusiast, and therefore am able to insure under shannons. I had an agreed value of just under $50K and fully comp insurance I was paying about $1300 per year. That is now obviously going up I expect.

That's great to know, thanks for sharing Paul

I love Jeep Wranglers :). Have wanted one for years.

What is an Old Willy Jeep ...?! :wideeyed::cute:

We love Jeeps too. They make our workshop a LOT of money.

We love Jeeps too. They make our workshop a LOT of money.

they would be the ones that get used properly and not the ones that never see any mud in anger :)

What most people don't realize, but JEEP actually stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.

3tu0ye.jpg

BTW, here is the new model that jeep is bringing out for the cheaper segment of the 4x4 market

Trish'sJeep-L.jpg

Trish'sJeep-L.jpg

3tu0ye.jpg

Edited by furkew

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.

Jeeps back on the road.

headed off last weekend to the Victorian high country for a "boys" and a "girls" weekend.

the boys (me and my mate Pete) took our 4by's out to play on tracks around craigs hut, sheepyard flats, pineapple flats, razorback just to name a few, and the girls travelled over 100km's on horseback with "high country horses" having a great time seeing the beauty of the high country on horseback.

airdown1.JPG

behind the waterfall.JPG

big hills.JPG

downhill.JPG

airing down.JPG

views_zps1fd4e8d1.jpg

posing_zps72a9190b.jpg

morningmist_zps725edae9.jpg

horses_zps78e09bf4.jpg

peteandnicky_zpsb3539419.jpg

airdown1.JPG

airing down.JPG

behind the waterfall.JPG

big hills.JPG

downhill.JPG

views_zps1fd4e8d1.jpg

posing_zps72a9190b.jpg

morningmist_zps725edae9.jpg

horses_zps78e09bf4.jpg

peteandnicky_zpsb3539419.jpg

if anybody wants more info on the 4x4 tracks out that way or on the horse riding just drop me a PM.

BTW, I broke the jeep again :)

It was only a Uni joint this time, and luckily a group of dirt bike riders helped me pull out the front axle half way up a hill, so all good.

need to get her fixed ASAP, as I have been invited to go to Robe (SA) for some beach/sand dune fun in 2 weeks, and they have hired a helicopter to film the fun and games for advertising for a jeep parts supplier

• 2 months later...