register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Coulters

Good suburbs near Joondalup

Hello everyone

We are STILL in the process of obtaining our 190 sponsored visa. I would be very grateful if anyone has advise about good surburbs around the Joondalup area.

I am hopeing to work as a nurse in the Joondalup hospital so would like to be near. I have 2 children 14 and 10. Good schools is a must. Ideally we would like to live in a large affordable suburb to ensure there is plenty to do to keep us all entertained. We have been researching different places on the internet, however they all seem to be merging into one now. Thanks in advance for any help and advise x

oceanreef , connolly , currembine , woodvale [ i hear good things about the schools there ] edgewater. kingsley connolly , and parts of currembine and oceanreef come under the ocean reef senior high school boundry , edgewater has catholic private school marta dei ,

Thanks Moirclan. I have also been advised to look at Joondalup itself, Ashby and Tapping. Does anyone know much about these suburbs and schools in the area?

Approximately how much is private schooling for a 10 and soon to be 15 year old?

The problem is not so much the cost - but getting them in as these schools private tend to be full and have waiting lists. If you google their websites they will tell you the costs etc. Woodvale and Duncraig have good state schools. Better results than many privates.

check out

http://www.myschool.edu.au/

http://www.communitydigital.com.au/

Thanks Moirclan. I have also been advised to look at Joondalup itself, Ashby and Tapping. Does anyone know much about these suburbs and schools in the area?

Approximately how much is private schooling for a 10 and soon to be 15 year old?

Approx. $4-6k per child per year

Nomination Lodged 21st of August

Visa application ...22nd of August 186 - 457 Transition

Medicals .. 15/12/2014

Nomination - Extra info required 1/12/2014 - Sent 10/12/2014 - Granted 12/01/2015

Visa Grant - 15/01/2015

Does anyone know what Butler is like as a suburb and does it have a decent school?

The houses there seem very affordable but is there a reason for it?

Relatively new area, with cookie cutter houses, popular with Migrants, I reckon it is a pretty ok place to live.

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

i know there is a primary called east butler , hight school state would be clarkson senior high and there is a catholic high school called irene mckormick ,

Best Govt high schools up that way is Duncraig or Carine. Ocean Reef OK, Clarkson very dodgy!

Mullaloo, Ocean Reef, Iluka, Mindarie, Currambime, Connolly, Duncraig.

schools, Lake joondalup baptist college is excellent high, st marks excellent high but expensive and waiting lists. Would stay away from clarkson, butler, banksia grove. Ocean reef high ok, greenwood ok also

After weeks of research I have now got my final 6 suburbs (hopefully). I have based the choices on schools, facilities for family of 4 with two teenage children and work prospects. They are Heathridge, Joondalup, Tapping, Carramar, Kinross and Wanneroo any thoughts??

After weeks of research I have now got my final 6 suburbs (hopefully). I have based the choices on schools, facilities for family of 4 with two teenage children and work prospects. They are Heathridge, Joondalup, Tapping, Carramar, Kinross and Wanneroo any thoughts??

Heathridge is a split suburb with regards to High Schools - Belridge and Ocean Reef

Tapping, Carramar and Wanneroo - Wanneroo SHS

Joondalup - Belridge SHS

Kinross - Kinross College and Mindarie SHS

Each of these suburbs also have a primary school, Heathridge has 3 primary schools depending on where you live. Poseidon, Heathridge and Eddystone.

None of these suburbs are awful but personally, and it is my own personal opinion, you should wait until you get here and have a good look around to get a feel. The suburbs you have chosen are all very different and I don't think you can really choose till you are on the ground.

Wanneroo High school would be a really bad choice - go private if you live there.

Belridge bad news too - Kinross College/Mindarie OK.

thanks for your advice, its so hard trying to decide. We are hopeing to get a furnished short term rental but want to try and stay in the same area longterm so the kids do not have to move too far twice. My god my head is pounding with it all, thanks again x