Good suburbs near Joondalup

The Coulters

Hello everyone

We are STILL in the process of obtaining our 190 sponsored visa. I would be very grateful if anyone has advise about good surburbs around the Joondalup area.

I am hopeing to work as a nurse in the Joondalup hospital so would like to be near. I have 2 children 14 and 10. Good schools is a must. Ideally we would like to live in a large affordable suburb to ensure there is plenty to do to keep us all entertained. We have been researching different places on the internet, however they all seem to be merging into one now. Thanks in advance for any help and advise x

oceanreef , connolly , currembine , woodvale [ i hear good things about the schools there ] edgewater. kingsley connolly , and parts of currembine and oceanreef come under the ocean reef senior high school boundry , edgewater has catholic private school marta dei ,

The problem is not so much the cost - but getting them in as these schools private tend to be full and have waiting lists. If you google their websites they will tell you the costs etc. Woodvale and Duncraig have good state schools. Better results than many privates.

check out

http://www.myschool.edu.au/

http://www.communitydigital.com.au/

Thanks Moirclan. I have also been advised to look at Joondalup itself, Ashby and Tapping. Does anyone know much about these suburbs and schools in the area?

Approximately how much is private schooling for a 10 and soon to be 15 year old?

Thanks Moirclan. I have also been advised to look at Joondalup itself, Ashby and Tapping. Does anyone know much about these suburbs and schools in the area?

Approximately how much is private schooling for a 10 and soon to be 15 year old?

Approx. $4-6k per child per year

Mullaloo, Ocean Reef, Iluka, Mindarie, Currambime, Connolly, Duncraig.

schools, Lake joondalup baptist college is excellent high, st marks excellent high but expensive and waiting lists. Would stay away from clarkson, butler, banksia grove. Ocean reef high ok, greenwood ok also

After weeks of research I have now got my final 6 suburbs (hopefully). I have based the choices on schools, facilities for family of 4 with two teenage children and work prospects. They are Heathridge, Joondalup, Tapping, Carramar, Kinross and Wanneroo any thoughts??

Heathridge is a split suburb with regards to High Schools - Belridge and Ocean Reef

Tapping, Carramar and Wanneroo - Wanneroo SHS

Joondalup - Belridge SHS

Kinross - Kinross College and Mindarie SHS

Each of these suburbs also have a primary school, Heathridge has 3 primary schools depending on where you live. Poseidon, Heathridge and Eddystone.

None of these suburbs are awful but personally, and it is my own personal opinion, you should wait until you get here and have a good look around to get a feel. The suburbs you have chosen are all very different and I don't think you can really choose till you are on the ground.