how long should it take to get perm res visa???

carol

hiya everyone

Im just waiting to hear back from anmc. How long should my perm res visa take to get?? Im planning on getn my medicals and police checks done in march so im not wasting time at the end! Im hoping to get to aus in end aug/sept. Is this feasible? Does it matter that Im a nurse or does everyones visa take the same time?

Thanks

Carol x

Hi Carol

We got our PR visa in June last year. We were fortunate to be on the skills in demand list and started the process of getting my husbands qualifications certified by Engineers Oz at the end of November 2006. This was the longest part. We then started the application for PR about Feb time. Even with the hold up for Engineers Oz, Christmas etc it only took us 7 months. Infact once we sent the final requested documents in on a Friday, a week on the Monday we obtained our PR

Good Luck

Michelle

Hi there,

Not sure about nurses, my husband is a mechanic and is on a BN 136 visa.

He did his TRA March 2007

Applied for Visas July 2007

Acknowledged by Australia Nov 2007

Medicals next week, and CRB's been processed

Then need a case officer acknowledgement, visa granted after the case officer processes them as far as i'm aware.

We have been told this can be anytime from March 2008 onwards as there in a high level of case loads to work through.

( If we are lucky enough and do get visas in March this will mean an 8 month process )

regards

Natma1

:chatterbox:

Archived