Exhorbitant cost of anit-histamines!

Bridgeman

Ive been ordering from ONE CLICK PHARMACY online, for a long while now. Everything is genuine, they are really good

Delivery can take up to 2 weeks, though

They are UK based and sell everything,from make-up to perfumes, to medication

I have placed several orders from them now, and have alaways received what I order

We place an order with them

It shows as pending on the website and it's been 19 days since we placed the order

Tried emailing them twice but got no response yet?

I'm hoping it's just a glitch on the website

Howard

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:biggrin: I'm flying to Brisbane on friday, via Singapore and I've stocked up on headache pills (paracetamol/ibuprofen) calpol for the little one, but I was just wondering if there's a limit I can put in my suitcase?

Yes. 23KG. Will be watching out for you on Border Protection. LOL. Not sure on any limits. We have often brought heaps of headache pills etc back from the USA, simply because they are a fraction of the price we would pay across the counter here in Oz. Never had any problems, as long as they can be bought across the counter here.

Had a hot day here in Perth yesterday, and consequently suffered itchy eyes, etc. Was desperate to get some antihistamines so popped into the nearest chemist I could find open as it was a bank holiday here. I nearly died when they charged me $39 for 30 tablets. Coming to the conclusion that with doctor's fees, dentist fees, cost of prescriptions and other top fees I can't afford to be ill here.

Giving you a big welcome to perth..! I take it your rosé tinted glasses are off by now

My hayfever has improved massively since being in Oz and is one of the reasons I do not want to go back to England. However, I find that Flixonase spray - the stronger version of Beconase is excellent and is the only thing I need to get rid of it completely whereas in England I had Beconase and loratadine tablets and still had massive problems.

Most of the pollen that causes hay fever in Australia doesn't actually come from native plants. The number one culprit in Victoria is rye grass which is a European native but one of the major pasture species in Eastern Aus. There are also various species of deciduous tree planted in major cities and towns that shed large amounts of pollen that can bring on hayfever. One of the worst is the humble Plane tree, the fruit drop to the ground and the seeds are contained on spiky hairs that get blown in the wind and bring on severe reactions. Melbourne has big problems with the plane trees at this time of year.

I don't know of too many people who can't afford to buy over the counter medication in Aus. If your hayfever is bad enough then it's worth the price IMO and as others have shown you can get it cheap here if you shop around, (including major Aus pharmacies online).

Guest guest17301

I was slightly excited to find packs of cetirizine (zyrtec) on sale in Aldi UK for about 60p a pack..14 tabs, I bought 4 packs, wish I'd bought more now....$9.69 for 10 at chemist warehouse!!!

I'd say if in doubt bring some more with you

If you have the space I'd say whatever you use regularly bring as much as you can

Basic painkillers are pretty cheap here

Plenty of choice around where you're coming to Hope Island is nice

You just have find where to buy what once you're here

• 3 months later...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but looks like oneclickpharmacy has gone bust http://www.leonbaileygreen.com/retail-features/01/07/oneclickpharmacy/ I have found this chemist ships internationally and is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/registers/pharmacy/registrationnumber/1038007

I'm not connected to either but hope it helps

Aussies love brand names. Doctors here even use them. Don't let anyone prescribe you a brand name. And in the chemist ask for the 'cheapest generic formulation". Buying larger packets is usually cheaper. At least here in Aus you can buy prochlorperazine and fexofenadine over the counter. (Phenergan and Telfast - but NEVER ask for them by brand or you'll pay triple).

Well I've bought about 10 packs of paracetamol and 10 packs of ibuprofen, calpol and neurofen for my little girl, piriton, strepsils, plasters, feminax, already to fly on Friday, can you think of anything else that might be handy to bring?

Coles do thier own Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for $2

Guest chris955
I've seen packs of antihistamines in Asda for that price too,I think for 30 tablets.

Yes we got them from Asda. The downside of Asda is 12 big iced doughnuts for £2 LOL