189 skilled migration. any one done it without migration agent?

jen140977

Hi everyone, we attended the Down under event yesterday and really firmed our idea to move down under. I scored 75 points and are now going to apply for the EOI ourselves with a view to the 189 skilled migration programme.

Has anyone applied without an agent? Any tips or advice really welcome.

Thanks, Jen

• 1 year later...

I did the 190 without an agent and thought it was probably the easiest paperwork I've done in my life, repetitive, in fact very repetitive but pretty straight forward. Granted ours case had no issues and some people who have extenuating circumstances may need an agent.

Good Luck

Is that right, Charmaine?

Are you charging a fee for assisting with migration to Australia?

If so, you may need to rethink your business strategy in view of the strict penalties that apply where an unregistered person in Australia provides immigration assistance.

Best regards.

I've applied without an agent @jen140977, I've not received my grant yet, but I hope to receive it in the next month or two. I'm basically at the final stage now with medicals uploaded.

I think like most things, it depends on the individual circumstances. My application was only for myself and was pretty straightforward. There is a lot of research involved and a lot of edge-cases and subtleties around certain parts of the application, but if you are an organised person willing to put in the effort, then there is no reason you cannot apply without an agent. I found most of the work to be gathering work references for my ACS Skills assessment. Once I had that submitted and approved, then the actual 189 Visa application was not much more to be honest. Only IELTS, Police Clearance and Medicals. All the other docs are basically the same docs that I had to submit with my ACS Skills assessment.

However, if you are short on time and would rather leave the details to a professional, then I imagine that you would find some value in using a migration agent.

I personally think I'm a bit of a control freak, so I want to know what is going on with each stage of the application, so I don't think a migration agent would work for me.

Archived