ANIMAL WELFARE UPDATE - sorry it's short

Guest alliekate

Guest alliekate

It is reported in the Courier Mail today (17 Jan) that in the three weeks since Christmas, 859 animals have been handed in/ dumped to the RSPCA Fairfield shelters, Brisbane.

That is the truth of the problem regarding animal welfare in Queensland. Cold hard fact.

Rant over - sorry !!!! :no::no:

That sucks.

I just wish they would ban the cute kittens and puppies in pet shop windows, even I am tempted to take one home and I am extremely sensible and well adjusted and know from past experience just how much of a commitment it is. One that we really don't need at the moment. Then add pester pressure from the kids, it's just too easy to fall into the trap of taking home a pet you just arn't cut out for.

Are the RSPCA or aussie equivalent trying to stop this at all?

Ax

Guest alliekate

The RSPCA Queensland are desperately trying to sort it out (although I don't work for them, I know how hard they are trying) , but it takes education, time and money.

Most people will not neuter their pets, so the problem just gets worse and worse and worse.

And the RSPCA have to clear up the mess cos no-one else will. It is so sad.

(more info on my Queensland AW thread).

Sorry to put this subject on AGAIN, but this is happening in Brissie, not even Townsville.

I just love reading your posts as you remind me sooooooo much of a rather lovely person that I used to work with who just lives for her animals.

I can just imagine the two of you together plotting to save every animal on the planet...and I mean that in a good way

Gill

Guest afiyafifi

I wish i was over there to help you out we could off started a animal shelter between us , I use to work for animal rescue , i would take them all in , it really annoys me the way people treat animals ... take care

Guest alliekate

Ah, well hopefully progress is being made.............. there was an article in the paper today from our Solicitor pleading for other businesses to donate money to the cause. I cried, I had no idea they were following the story.People do care, they just need to know.

And I do have a big gob (for which i apologise).

Why are things so far behind here ???? I just can't get my head round it.

Allie

Guest afiyafifi
Ah, well hopefully progress is being made.............. there was an article in the paper today from our Solicitor pleading for other businesses to donate money to the cause. I cried, I had no idea they were following the story.People do care, they just need to know.

And I do have a big gob (for which i apologise).

Why are things so far behind here ???? I just can't get my head round it.

Allie

allie you do not need to apologise , If people like you did not speak up nothing would get done, and were would those poor animals be with out people like you , carry on the good work and am sending you a big hug take care ... karen

Guest alliekate

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080119/2/15knv.html

Hope this link works ok - if not just put in a search Kevin Rudd/RSPCA. Is in all the main papers today.

Now you are not telling me that Rudd called the RSPCA (rather than a state vet) for advice, and a reporter and photographer that could stress the animals more - and that the RSPCA sent a senior manager who probably knew nothing an Inspector would not know............unless it's down to certain e-mail sent direct to Mr Rudd and a campaign launched ?????

Hmmmmmmm just a thought.....

We have both been in tears about it - I mean who would have thought it ? Is there any other way a story like that would get into the main Posh papers here without the pressure they have been getting ? With all the flooding crisis and whaling stuff going on.

I am just soooooooooooooo grateful that Rudd is an animal man, and that he has heard !!! Maybe there is a God after all !!!! GO RSPCA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to share that.

Allie xxxxxxxxxx

Archived