Position Number/Case Officer. Is there a difference?

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

This might seem like a really dumb question, but here goes. According to DIMA, a Case Officer gets assigned to each application, and the CO decides whether or not all the criteria for migration have been met.

We've had a few letters and e-mails from different people who do not say that they are Case Officers. They call themselves Position Numbers, and each of them seems to have a unique number.

Who are Position Numbers? Who are Case Officers? Are they two different groups? Do Case Officers write "Case Officer" after their names? If not, how can one find out whether the person one has heard from is senior enough to be able to decide whether to grant the visa or not?

I'm baffled. Are these Position Number people simply less senior staff who do all the bits and bobs of requesting extra information etc? Scribes and carrier pigeons, in other words, with no real authority?

Confused. Any help will be very gratefully received.

Thanks very much

Gill

Sorry Gill can't answer your question - never come across position numbers - only ever had two emails one to say application received and one to say that my case officer was so and so and to go for my medicals etc.,

Ali

Archived