OMFG!!!!!

Guest lisa crowe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Just realized we're paying $1720 four weekly in rent or roughly £1040 ...**** me what would £1040 a month get ya back in the UK

But you are earning 40% or more extra wage if you are using the exchange rate and have done your homework right, plus ...... The houses are huge compared to the UK. Overall rent is dearer there though, but there are some benefits, the weather, near to the ocean, the weather, lol

Guest lisa crowe
But you are earning 40% or more extra wage if you are using the exchange rate and have done your homework right, plus ...... The houses are huge compared to the UK. Overall rent is dearer there though, but there are some benefits, the weather, near to the ocean, the weather, lol

Lol yeah... not complaining! Just was like 'holy shite'!!! If we was back home renting on a budget of 1k a month I'd be dannnnnn south, with a pony!!!

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Just realized we're paying $1720 four weekly in rent or roughly £1040 ...**** me what would £1040 a month get ya back in the UK

What do you get for you money in lovely Australia. oo err, does saying lovely Australia constitute an opinion?

My rent in UK is dearer than this. Paying my very last month's rent today, woohoo ! but looking forward to finding somewhere less than half the size that takes less time to clean in Oz

Millie x

Guest lisa crowe
What do you get for you money in lovely Australia. oo err, does saying lovely Australia constitute an opinion?

Please share the drugs!!!! I love opinions.....Type away :)

Guest lisa crowe

OK...just to make it simple and to get those off their high horses... only posted this as we have 2 houses back in UK which are rented out at £547 & £450 per calendar month...So was like OMFG!! penny just dropped we're paying £1040 a month...But we have water views lol

OK...just to make it simple and to get those off their high horses... only posted this as we have 2 houses back in UK which are rented out at £547 & £450 per calendar month...So was like OMFG!! penny just dropped we're paying £1040 a month..

You need to be careful telling people your a rich toff type with land and what not:-)

But we have water views lol

So do I if I lift the seat in the toilet.:-)

Where I used to live in Essex but on an underground line I was paying £785 3 years ago but now those properties are between £900-£1000 and that was only a two bed flat. For the same size flat here in Leeds it is £535 for £1000 you can get a 5 bed house here. Though all relative as earnings are a lot lower for my job here then over in Australia. It is still shocking when you think about it.

Ah.....is everyone earning 40% more?I doubt it!Besides that,don't use the exchange rate,it does'nt work when you're actually over there Hoff.Not everyone lives in a Mc Mansion either,infact the majority don't.Hurry up and emigrate Hoff,we all want to see how you get on!lol

Wouldn't get much for £1k a month dahn sahf, think £1k/week for much more than a flat!

A palace in inner city hell

or something like this. OK, it's not London, but it is the Cotswolds.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-39053246.html

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Ah.....is everyone earning 40% more?I doubt it!Besides that,don't use the exchange rate,it does'nt work when you're actually over there Hoff.Not everyone lives in a Mc Mansion either,infact the majority don't.Hurry up and emigrate Hoff,we all want to see how you get on!lol

Thanks for the advice, you have only been on here five minutes, but I have been on here over 4 years and there's not much I don't know, people earn on average over 40% to what the average Brit earns, it's a fact and most on PIO are skilled migrants and will get paid at least that well.

Edited by The Ropey HOFF

I have been on here over 4 years

That's ever so long, are you sure you are allowed to be a member that long? I read elsewhere that peoples membership should be time related. You know get to oz the first try or ship off elsewhere ! I of course don't have an opinion on that suggestion !

Guest The Ropey HOFF
That's ever so long, are you sure you are allowed to be a member that long? I read elsewhere that peoples membership should be time related. You know get to oz the first try or ship off elsewhere ! I of course don't have an opinion on that suggestion !

The cut hoff mark should be 5 years, that would be the end of you though matey, you would be sorely missed by all. :wink::laugh:

Thanks for the advice, you have only been on here five minutes, but I have been on here over 4 years and there's not much I don't know, people earn on average over 40% to what the average Brit earns, it's a fact and most on PIO are skilled migrants and will get paid at least that well.

Jim, the amount of time that you have been on PIO does not make your opinion any more valid than the poster who as you put it has been on for 5 mins. Perhaps the poster that has been on PIO for 5 mins is actually living in Australia, which would make their point just as valid as yours.

Researching both on this site and other sources is great, but so is actually living and experiencing the place first hand. Also do you have any back up to your fact that most skilled migrants will get 40% more wages than they did in the UK??

Cheers

Karen