Guest silverload

Shipping back to the UK

Guest silverload

Hi everyone,

We are moving back to the UK and were wondering what shipping companies others who have returned have used. We will probably need only part of a container, does anyone have any idea of costs?

Many thanks

Silverload

Cost us roughly $4k for about 1/3 to 1/2 of a container I think. Somewhere about $10 per cu ft.

Where are you returning from?

Guest silverload

We are returning from Adelaide to the north west of England. Could you PM me with the name of the company you used?

Thanks

I know a bad one, I don't recommend!!!

I know you can't name them but how are you going with this, I've never heard of anything like this and would seriously like to know who they hold responsible

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi everyone,

We are moving back to the UK and were wondering what shipping companies others who have returned have used. We will probably need only part of a container, does anyone have any idea of costs?

Many thanks

Silverload

We are just about to head back, we have had about 5 quotes, they ranged from $4800 to $5900 for 21 cu metres, so in a shared container (but my OH managed to get a few hundred dollars knocked off the one we chose with his charm :) )

How much did you manage to fit into 21 cu metres? Just starting to plan returning but not sure whether to sell most of our furniture and start again.

How much did you manage to fit into 21 cu metres? Just starting to plan returning but not sure whether to sell most of our furniture and start again.

Our bed/mattress/ bedding etc,chest of drawers, a large sofa & large armchair, coffee table, sideboard, TV table, bedside tables, bookcase/shelf unit, plus some other bits of furniture, washing machine, 2 mountain bikes, a few garden tools, linen/towels kitchen stuff, books, large TV/speakers & amp/computer plus all the random crap I've accumulated over the years, so a reasonable amount. (there is just the 2 of us so no kids stuff or anything like that) We are taking the decent furniture but not the junky stuff.

I suppose it depends what your furniture would cost to replace over there and how attached to it you are as to whether or not it's worth it.

Thanks yorkie girl that sounds about what we would be taking home. I guess the replacement value of the shipped items has just to exceed the shipping costs to make it worthwhile but then of course we have to factor in what we do in between hitting UK and the reunion with possessions. Lots to think about.

Guest Julz

We are only shipping boxes back, sold all our stuff, shipping cost for 24 tea carton boxes packed by us is $940 through Wridgeways.

Guest Julz

We have sold the majorty of our stuff on gumtree, started selling back in late May and have sold nearly $9.5k of stuff already and a few more bits and pieces to sell before we go. Some things tend to take longer to sell than others but overall I'm really pleased with the second hand market here, people are willing to pay $$$ for your junk!!!

Hi Silverload

We too returned from Adelaide to NW England a year ago. We used Wridgways and would highly recommend. It cost $6500 for full 20 ft container (inc insurance) and we had been previously quoted almost double this for a 40 ft container. They were great and managed to fit a massive amount in. It took about 6 weeks door to door and everything was in one piece.

If you do contact them for a quote ask for Robert, he is very helpful.

Arrived Adelaide 2009, returned to UK 2011