WHV Granted :D

nickachu

I tried at first to get a job to get sponsored, but end of the day, it's better to be working than not working. So working as a chef for nearly 4 months! Eeek! I've made heaps of friends, there are lots of people travelling on their own too, so you'll build up lots of friends, sometimes there'll be people that are only there for a few days that still go out, but then you make friends that stay for a while too, there's even a few people I'd be very tempted to visit in germany on my way back (if finances allow it!)

Choley, just get involved! You'll be fine, buy lots of wine/beer/cider/whatever your drink of choice is and you'll end up making friends. At the hostel I'm in beer is basically currency, as everyone shares all the time so always shares back etc... it's great fun!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Brissy is acebest! Quite hard to find work there however unless you have some experience in something, there were heaps of people struggling to find something when I was there.

I've now swam the reef in cairns, was A-MAZING! saw lots of fish. Lots and lots of fish.

Drove down to townsville, the lookout there is awesome, and did a nice walk on magnetic island followed by a dip in the sea.

Now at airlie beach, pissing down with rain.... oh well, the pub will have to do!

we're only here for one night! Got couple of mates with me and they leave in 6 days, we've gotta make our way down to sydney then back to brissy. Lots of driving and not too much time to do stuff! Might head back for the whitsundays later one after they've gone, would be nice to snorkel the reef again!

At emu park now. (rockhampton) It's nice here, beach is pretty much the same as an english sandy beach though as it's been raining, but oh well.

Tomorrow Fraser island, then day after driving down to sydney! Then back up to brissy, then probably resting for a few days before finding another job. Then might do a little bit of travelling again once I finish work before I head back home.