WHV Granted :D

nickachu

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working evenings is no fun. Don't get home til after 11 most nights :( Only saving grace is that we get a free drink after work.
But the good thing is you aren't going out spending your money though, so its easier to save :)Guessing you went to the koalas, given the 'I'm not going to stop. Ever' rain we had? We are finding Brisbane not as easy as up north for jobs - they all seem to be proper jobs that rake a few weeks of interviews and stuff, which is a shame because a) how much does South bank rock? And b) They have Soap & Glory stuff in Myers! I am SO excited at this it is untrue. But as we have no money, as we have no jobs, I can't buy any of the lovely stuff here. Boo.Fingers crossed something turns up :(

Koalas are next weekend! I've been working all weekend. Yeah I'm saving money, but not alot yet. I'm up in the north of brisbane now so haven't gone to south bank proper yet, had a walk in the park on a nice day and saw a lizard. Well that's good if there's more jobs up north. I'm gonna want something full time probably. Only on about 25ish hours a week (well this week excluded), so gotta start finding a way to live cheap, even though beers are so delicious.

Koalas are next weekend! I've been working all weekend. Yeah I'm saving money, but not alot yet. I'm up in the north of brisbane now so haven't gone to south bank proper yet, had a walk in the park on a nice day and saw a lizard. Well that's good if there's more jobs up north. I'm gonna want something full time probably. Only on about 25ish hours a week (well this week excluded), so gotta start finding a way to live cheap, even though beers are so delicious.

We are in Ashgrove/Newmarket area (the caravan park is super close to the CBD and is quite cheap really), are you far from there? Are you living and working in the same suburb? (This is me being nosey btw lol)

We should defo meet up for a drink or two at some point - we are obviously fully flexible at the moment (curses) so let us know when you want to :)

No idea yet! maybe head north come end of jan start of feb. We'll see!

Hopefully can save a bit of cash, $1500 or so, then will be able to support myself for a few weeks before finding work wherever I go, maybe cairns. Would be nice to swim on the reef.

Edited by nickachu

Redhill living (sharehouse), CBD working. So it's a bit of a way, 15 min walk, 10 min bus to the cbd... ok not so far really!

How long are you here for? I'm working quite a bit at the moment. No time for drinking :(

No idea tbh, we are taking things as they come - we've just booked into the caravan park for another week though, so at least that long (I secrectly hope a lot longer, but it will depend on getting that all important job unfortunately!)

Just let us know when you are at a bit of a loose end and we can entertain each other :) (Oh, that sounded rude lol, You know what I meant! :o)

I don't think the animals will ever get boring here - even the birds seem to have so much more character and are so funny.

Work hunting is not going the best for us - too many scam places expecting.you to work for nithibg, so annoying - I just want to do an honest days work for an honest days pay - I don't want to earn $5000 a week or anything stupid, min. Wage is fine. Grrrr.

Never mind, hopefully Myer or someone will get back to.me, ho hum...

Look out for the weather this weekend!

Hmmm, sorry about the weather and your plans not meshing - if it makes you feel any better our awning fell down and our tent pretty knocked sideways during the last hour or so lol.

Have a walk in interview for David Jones ( which I know after reseaech isn't a proper interview, but still) so hurrah. And my friend is finally back in brissie from the UK, so she may have some ideas too. Still hoping for Myer tbh, just get a lovely feeling in there, and they have Soap & glory from the UK so that makes me happy lol.

Fingers crossed still. Enjoy the weekend :)

Managed to get up to Mt Coot-Tha in a break in the rain, was quite nice, not too much to do up there so I'd recommend not taking public transport as buses are a way apart. Still pissing down though mind, puts a dampner on doing anything. Beers infront of the tv it is then!

Good luck with the jobs thingy!