Outback Queensland - Our few days away

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen

aru2anu6.jpg

I just love the different colours you get in the outback none of the photos have been edited just taken on my mobile but if you look some areas look so washed out, some a real rusty red (that's how I thought all Oz was going to look like) and moving closer to the coast things are getting greener and more golden

Guest The Pom Queen

Glad to announce we have arrived home at last!!! It wasn't without incident and another RACQ call out (gear box this time) and a multi vehicle crash on the Bruce.

Im so happy to be home.

Glad to announce we have arrived home at last!!! It wasn't without incident and another RACQ call out (gear box this time) and a multi vehicle crash on the Bruce.

Im so happy to be home.

Got back from work (USA) and the weekend at Opera In The Outback at Undarra and read of your trials and tribulations...might be time to look at a Land Cruiser methinks.

Guest The Pom Queen
Got back from work (USA) and the weekend at Opera In The Outback at Undarra and read of your trials and tribulations...might be time to look at a Land Cruiser methinks.

Keep saying we will go to the Opera out there and miss it every time. Does it get full, I see they have new accommodation added now.

Guest The Pom Queen
Bloody Hell Kate! I hope you are all OK!? now don't go off for a while, just sit at home and have a nice cup of tea... :cute:

Rob said earlier we need a holiday to recover, I don't think I ever want another holiday as long as I live, although saying that the places we saw were fantastic.

Keep saying we will go to the Opera out there and miss it every time. Does it get full, I see they have new accommodation added now.

Sometimes....wasn't full this year...I think because the Opera Company did a compilation of pieces which they put to the history of the Collin's family (owners of Undarra) rather than an Opera......they did a few songs from West Side Story which were great and I suggested to one of the performers (Opera Bites from Sydney) about performing the whole of West Side Story....would be great. I wore the tuxedo and my lady had on her very sensational cream evening dress from New York....great weekend....shouldn't be missed.

Guest The Pom Queen
Sometimes....wasn't full this year...I think because the Opera Company did a compilation of pieces which they put to the history of the Collin's family (owners of Undarra) rather than an Opera......they did a few songs from West Side Story which were great and I suggested to one of the performers (Opera Bites from Sydney) about performing the whole of West Side Story....would be great. I wore the tuxedo and my lady had on her very sensational cream evening dress from New York....great weekend....shouldn't be missed.

Maybe next year. Sounds lovely, so did you stay in the train carriages

Maybe next year. Sounds lovely, so did you stay in the train carriages

No......my lady (for some reason best known to herself) likes camping so it was in a tent.......airbeds are not conducive to good sleeping no matter how much bubbles one has consumed. There are new self contained air conditioned cabins being built but I think they will not be cheap and will be booked early. Great weekend Kate...you should go next year.....I look at it as an excuse to get the Tux out of the wardrobe....everyone there has either dinner suits/lounge suits or for the ladies evening dress.

Guest The Pom Queen
No......my lady (for some reason best known to herself) likes camping so it was in a tent.......airbeds are not conducive to good sleeping no matter how much bubbles one has consumed. There are new self contained air conditioned cabins being built but I think they will not be cheap and will be booked early. Great weekend Kate...you should go next year.....I look at it as an excuse to get the Tux out of the wardrobe....everyone there has either dinner suits/lounge suits or for the ladies evening dress.

Yes the pioneers I think they are $150 a night. We have stayed in the train carriages but as a family there isn't a lot of room but they are lovely. We have also done the camping and all of the tours. I fancy staying in one of their swag tents next. May try and get up there in April for the Country and Blues.

Guest The Pom Queen
They should make a film about your adventure

I got it

"Carry on up the Outback"

:wink:

Pmsl no one would believe the luck we have, I know my MIL doesn't.

However, Howard I love it out there getting away from everything, to some people it's a lot of nothing but to us it's far from it, there is so much beauty in the outback, just make sure you take a mechanic with you :wink: