Outback Queensland - Our few days away

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen
Hope 4wd aint got to much of a problem

Great pics

Really enjoyed the updates

Howard

You and me both, it's only a 3 hr round trip for the RACQ guy, the problem will be if they want to tow it in

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately missed the chance of a better photo on the way back down the same track. In with the camels were 4 wild boar - parents and 2 young. The advanced warning of the noise of the engine though and lack of a zoom lens meant I couldn't get a piccy of them.

I bet you were devastated to have forgot the camera

I love mine with big zoom lens it's just fantastic for these sort of shots

You can't beat the Queensland Outback, can you? Earlier this year we went up past the Flinders Ranges and around Lake Eyre ( South Australia) - fantastic but a lot of kms of nothing but saltbush to get there. Arkaroola was nice, a lot of wild life up there but again. a long way to travel. Enjoy the rest of your trip, it sounds fabulous.

I bet you were devastated to have forgot the camera

I love mine with big zoom lens it's just fantastic for these sort of shots

I've been reprimanded a couple of times over the past week for not having the camera to hand:laugh: , mainly when we've seen various bird life and the zoom would be a necessity. Missed a photo of a 'Crimson Chat' when we were in Winton, it's fair to say my better half wasn't impressed.

I've been reprimanded a couple of times over the past week for not having the camera to hand:laugh: , mainly when we've seen various bird life and the zoom would be a necessity. Missed a photo of a 'Crimson Chat' when we were in Winton, it's fair to say my better half wasn't impressed.

Sounds familiar to me does that lol

Just found this thread and read the stuff about skids and bouncing on the graded roads. I think it is very important to make sure everyone who uses graded road understands - there is NO guarantee that the road is smooth. Just because you cruised along at 80kmh for the last 20mins doesn't mean that the next 1km is also smooth - you have to moderate your speed and keep a sharp lookout for holes and bumps, or find them the hard way.

Just found this thread and read the stuff about skids and bouncing on the graded roads. I think it is very important to make sure everyone who uses graded road understands - there is NO guarantee that the road is smooth. Just because you cruised along at 80kmh for the last 20mins doesn't mean that the next 1km is also smooth - you have to moderate your speed and keep a sharp lookout for holes and bumps, or find them the hard way.

This is true , we often comment that driving on our local 'dirt' road that its similar to driving in snow,, its constantly changing and requires alot of concentration.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen
borrowed dads camera (shhhhh :wink:) to take this photo of the beaut moon tonight:smile:

Beaut - I think you have been around Bobj too much :wink:

Guest AKA63029
borrowed dads camera (shhhhh :wink:) to take this photo of the beaut moon tonight:smile:

moon.jpg

Nice pic mate.

Looks like a good fishing moon. :wink:

With right tide it could be a corker of a session.

Cheers Tony.

moon.jpg

Beautiful :)

I can't remember the southern hemisphere constellations too well, but how are the stars looking tonight?

moon.jpg

WOW, That is a fantastic picture, you certainly have a talent there.. Id suggest pinching the camera more and posting us some more amazing photos, but sshh dont tell Dad i suggested that,lol

Cal x

stars are great!:biggrin:

I always love seeing the sky at night in the southern hemisphere. Quite different to the northern hemisphere. I was totally lost though when I first started trying to star gaze in Aus as I had no reference point and didn't recognise anything anywhere up there. Thankfully my husband was able to give me some pointers and I managed to learn to recognise a few.

stars are great!:biggrin:

Well said, mate. Nothing better than to lie down, look up and see the constellations, shooting stars and satellites as they all go by.

Well done with the photo of the full moon.<label for="rb_iconid_14">icon14.png</label>

Cheers, Bobj.