Perthbum

Anyone who has returned got any urge to return to oz? even for a holiday.

I might go back for a while for a change of scenery if I do get into the fire service, but I cannot ever see myself living there permanent as my quality all round life is far better in the UK.

Anyone got the urge to return permanent or for a holiday?

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Er no, but thats cos I already live here

What he said

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I might go back for a while for a change of scenery if I do get into the fire service, but I cannot ever see myself living there permanent as my quality all round life is far better in the UK.

Why would you want to go back there when you are always complaining how bad it was ???

What he said

You know this is about Brits wh have returned to the uk.

Why would you want to go back there when you are always complaining how bad it was ???

When did I ever say it was a bad country? I actually liked it but like the uk much better, I just have a bt of banter at the weather food cost of living etc etc.

Hand on heart pb ......today i would for a holiday at least .....its 11c and rain ing .....i have been playing golf ......badly as usual

To live...... with the cost of living in oz now .....no chance .

we will, as a family have had 5 holidays this year ....when we go to devon in oct .

Someone asked my good wife ,the question about going back to oz , in the pub the other night .......NO ......it was great at the time .....but she is settled here now

my mates , ordinary lads , have at least 3 holidays a year , and play golf twice a week at least .......WHY GIVE ALL THAT UP ......they have a great life . but dont realise it

p.s we are ordinary brummies ......not ruperts from oxford .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Yes I have. Been back 7 months now and still waiting for the defining moment that tells me it was the right thing to do.

I go back often because my family are there. But to be honest, I'd holiday in the US or Europe if I had the choice.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

I go back often because my family are there. But to be honest, I'd holiday in the US or Europe if I had the choice.

Just spent 3 weeks in Europe, it was awesome, the food people and especially the beer was soooooo good.

God No....(although sure we will have to go back and visit someday-been really lucky that we've had loads of family over from Oz this year so maybe will not have to go back so soon)

You know this is about Brits wh have returned to the uk.

No I didn't ... did you point that out to Dom as well - I only answered because he did

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Will move back when I get tired of London or in sep 2016 just before my PR runs out whichever happens first.

30/07/10 - 11/09/10 ACS Software Engineer ANZSCO 261313; 25/10/10 IELTS 8.0; 11/01/11 GSM 175; 18/03/11 PCC & medicals requested; 12/05/11 upload PCC UK/RO & medicals delivered;18/05/11 medicals referred; 22/06/11 medicals finalised; 22/09/11 direct grant

If we did return to the UK, it would always be with the potential to come back at some point, whether temporary or permanent. Aus is deeply woven into the fabric of our family, we'll always be half pom, half Aus.

My Brain Hurts!

Maybe when our kids are older, but there are other places to see, so many holidays to take first.:biggrin:

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

I returned from Aus from a holiday. Definitely going back, but this time to live. :)

309/100 visa lodged 04/02/2013, living in Aus since 01/07/2013, visa granted 02/09/2013!

Guest Guest76386

I been in the UK 12 months, I need some sunshine, I cant wait to get back in November :) . I will be in the surf as soon as i get off that plane.

We returned to the UK in 2007. Still got that itch to go back to Oz, have been a couple of times since (once to validate our new 163 visa).

So we have a visa all be it a provisional business one that requires work to turn it into PR and a limit to get out there and sort it.

What is stopping us from going back:

Kids 21 and 19 both at UK unis and not wanting to come - not sure if we can bear to leave them.

Getting too old to start over with a business and want an easier life/semi-retirement soon. I am 50.

Exchange rate - savings and investments built up in UK to support retirement - won't go as far after exchanging to $$$

Cost of living in Oz especially if essentially living off UK assets

Cheap travel to Europe etc from Uk

Other family to leave in Uk

Friends - we have good friends here and in Oz so not an issue really.

What is drawing us back:

Weather! cliche I know but we live in a very damp Lancashire mill town and miss the Dry SA weather. If we move to a warmer climate in the UK we will have no friends or family close, in SA we have friends.

Never gave it enough of a go before, want to stay a few years to get citizenship maybe.

Offers of work and possibly sponsorship but not sure if want to be an employee again after running our own show for so long.

A new challenge to spur us on now kids have essentially left home

I know I contradict myself but we are really torn, we are not unhappy in the UK - I love the town we live in and walking in the countryside, our lifestyle here is good but............

Would go in a heartbeat if we were younger and had more years of Oz earnings to support our retirement and kids would join us.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Guest chris955

I have family in Australia so will definitely be going back for a holiday or 2.

I would love to return to Oz in the future, not sure if I could live there again (well in Adelaide anyway) but I would certainly go back for holidays. I would like to show my children where we used to live as I am sure they will soon forget about their time in Oz which is quite sad.

Arrived Adelaide 2009, returned to UK 2011

Will move back when I get tired of London or in sep 2016 just before my PR runs out whichever happens first.

PR doesn't run out, it stands for Permanent Residency.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
PR doesn't run out, it stands for Permanent Residency.

That is incorrect.

"[h=1]Australian permanent resident[/h]After the initial visa expires, if the holder wishes to continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident, they must obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV).[2] However those who live for too long outside Australia may lose their permanent resident status."