1. 1. What are your monthly outgoings?

• Under $2000
    • Under $4000
    • Under $6000
    • Under $8000
    • Under $10,000
    • Over $10,000

Guest The Pom Queen

I have to be honest and say I have never sat and done our monthly outgoings, well today Rob sat and did them and has come in white as a sheet. Just when there are 5 of us in the house our monthly outgoings without food or buying clothes etc is $5600 that includes the mortgage:cry::cry:

What are your monthly outgoings including rent and food, with food (for 5) I'd say ours is going to be $7000 it does include school fees as well:shocked:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to play this game Kate .. I'm having a lovely weekend despite having just wrote a check for the house rendering we had done on Thursday lol.

Like you, I don't perhaps give much thought to the outgoings, i've been at the ATM serveral times this week as things have needed paying for such as $40 for my daughter to go to Chez Pierre with her French class, and last week we spent a small fortune on my sons birthday party (although some overtime paid for that), so not usual monthly outgoings but expenses all the same.

Guest The Pom Queen
I refuse to play this game Kate .. I'm having a lovely weekend despite having just wrote a check for the house rendering we had done on Thursday lol.

Like you, I don't perhaps give much thought to the outgoings, i've been at the ATM serveral times this week as things have needed paying for such as $40 for my daughter to go to Chez Pierre with her French class, and last week we spent a small fortune on my sons birthday party (although some overtime paid for that), so not usual monthly outgoings but expenses all the same.

Oh look at you writing cheque the Aussie way

For us:

Rent and all bills $3,200 per month

Includes: electric, bigpond Telephone cable, Car ins x 2, House and Health ins, Mobiles, Car loan, paper and a few other bits.

Food $1,000

Petrol $ 300

Rego's $ 100

Other $ 400

Total $5,000

Just about covers it all

*Edit*

Forgot to mention we are a family of 4 youngest being 14

Edited by PontePom

never really thought about it over last 3 years ...money in money out lol ,,,,but now we have just bought a house and we have added expense really had to sit down and work it out ...so here goes

mortgage ... $2480

rates and water .....$150

contents ins ....$48

buildings ins ...$50

life ins ....$280

car ins ....$90

car rego ...$45

electric ....$150

gas ....$50

mobiles ....$130

car finance ...$550

Total essential outgoings .....$4023

this is based on 2 adults ....and before food and any luxuries

mrs keily

never really thought about it over last 3 years ...money in money out lol ,,,,but now we have just bought a house and we have added expense really had to sit down and work it out ...so here goes

mortgage ... $2480

rates and water .....$150

contents ins ....$48

buildings ins ...$50

life ins ....$280

car ins ....$90

car rego ...$45

electric ....$150

gas ....$50

mobiles ....$130

car finance ...$550

Total essential outgoings .....$4023

this is based on 2 adults ....and before food and any luxuries

mrs keily

Our outgoings are pretty similar but with no car finance and we spend about $400- $500 a month on food etc.

Ours are probably around $6,000 per month for two adults.

$2,100 of that is rent, foxtel, phones, broadband, medical insurance.

The rest is food, petrol, eating out, trips away, random electronics (new iphone 5 this month!).

We are aware we spent a lot on non-essentials, but that's only one salary, we save the other.

We're a family of 3 but our outgoings are:

Rent $1451

Groceries: $550

Insurance (Car and House Contents): $150

Austar (2 Mystars, most channels): $147

Phone/Broadband/2 Mobiles: $227

Electricity: $200

Booze: $200

Petrol: $120

Car Rego/Servicing: $100

So that's just under $3000. Add in my wife's smoking and you can double that. Just kidding. It's more like triple.

Add in a few meals out etc. and we're in the $3-4,000 range.

Rob has told me it would be cheaper for us to live in the UK is this right?

Its pretty scary when you work it all out, we seem to have constant bills coming in here

We dont go out, dont have takeaways, dont drink,,,,and we struggle to keep on top

Yet in the UK, we had takeaways, went out lots, had lots of shopping trips, dont do any of that here

So someone spending roughly $7000, per month, is roughly 1136 pounds a week,,at the conversion rate, of 1.54

Thats a lot of money:frown:

Edited by Sapphire

Have been through this exercise a few times now over the last year and, each time I do, I note our spending is creeping up as time goes by!

I know why this is the case – it’s due to lifestyle and situation changes, all of which are beneficial so they definitely outweigh the additional cost each month.

So, for the two of us (baby on the way) and a dog it's currently averaging at $4500 a month for us to live and have a great lifestyle here in Cairns.