Anyone in Mount Eliza??

Guest Jassop

Seen what look like lovely houses in mount eEliza and it looks like a really nice place to live. Des anyone live there and if so, can you tell me how long it might take to drive to Melbourne for a 7.30am start??? What is the Nepean highway like for driving at this time?? Is it as lovely as it looks on the old Internet? we move out to Melbourne on sep 30th, staying at a place in Chelsea while we look for somewhere to live, but as I'm from Cornwall, I would love somewhere close to the sea with a community feel

Many thanks x

Mount Eliza is a nice place to live. There is the beach side where the village is, not really a fan of the village as its so disjointed because of the road system. The other side of the Nepean Highway is very bushy and there are larger blocks of land. Its pricey because a lot of the homes are built on larger blocks of land and they are larger homes. Its ten minutes away from where I live and we pop over for coffee some times.

Travel to the city is an hour on the train from Frankston and a lot of people drive to Frankston and leave their car at the station and take the train.

If you drive its an hour depending on traffic and I used to drive via Beach Road rather than the Nepean Highway. Beach Road is only 60 kmh now however as there are only a few sets of traffic lights its an easier run.

Of course most people take the Frankston freeway White Street at Mordialloc and then up the Nepean.

Parking in the city is very expensive unless work is paying.

A lot of people are now traveling from Mornington to the city and Mornington is a very nice suburb as well and has more shopping opportunities than Mount Eliza.

South Frankston runs into a Mount Eliza and its a nice area to live also, lots of nice homes and some have views over the bay.

Most areas on the Peninsula are very nice and its a popular place to live. Lots of bike paths, wineries, horse riding, surf beaches and bay beaches, something for everyone.

We live on the western side which is less inhabited and hope it stays that way, but not holding my breath.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have a friend who lives in Mount Martha which is another 10 minutes further down from Mt Eliza, both are lovely places to live. Whenever I go I feel like I'm on holiday. To drive into the city will on a good day take you over an hour each way, a new toll road opens next year which will reduce travel time. We live in Sandringham, and when I worked in the city I caught the train which took 1/2 hour, driving would be an hour!

Good luck with your move, we've been here 2 years on 15/11 and have never looked back. Just waiting for our PR now, then sell house in uk and buy here.

Jill

• 6 years later...

It is better in person you really have to see it for yourself! Not just in summer. In winter the inland wineries around popular Red Hill are stunning! The new Mordialloc Freeway is set to make the commute that much more easier with travel time reductions of 10mins minimum. This is particularly good for those traveling via the Mornington Peninsula Link.