ack

Am totally freaked about spiders etc!

Right I want to go home!

I havent seen any spiders but the girl upstairs has absolutely FREAKED me out about a huntsman being in her bed and biting her!

Add to this the fact we were around in a friends house the other night and they told us there are loads of redback spiders out there!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OMG Im from Ireland where there is nothing to fear. Jesus I really want home now!

We are moving into a place in Hampton in Oct and I am totally freaked about it!

Its got big garden with lots of trees and some by the bedroom windows. Jesus I dont want it now.

For the last two nights I havent slept right thinking about creepy crawlys and it doesn help that Ive a little baby. I dont want to let him out now to play in the garden.

Im stressed. Am inbed writting this but checked the bed clothes before I got in!

VETASSES Applied May; granted Sept ** IELTS (L8.5 R9 W9 S9 (Band 9)** VIC SS Appd 18/11/11, granted 6/12/11 **176 lodged 22/1/12 **CO 31/1/12 **Meds refd 9/2 finalised 13/2** PCC 20/2 **GRANTED 28/02/2012 **Hubbie leaves July 1st, baby &me Aug 14th

U daft mare. Hehehe....your winding yourself up about nothing.....Youll only see little ones, the big ones are rarely seen and if you do theyll be outside.

Stop stressing and get some sleep!

....Living life in Aus....

Moved to Melb on 457 in Sept 2009, 856 granted June 2010 ... :em4000:...

Yeah but those 'little' buggers are dangerous. Keep thinking about my likkle baby :( I hate the feeling I cant relax thinking about these horrible creepy crawlys

VETASSES Applied May; granted Sept ** IELTS (L8.5 R9 W9 S9 (Band 9)** VIC SS Appd 18/11/11, granted 6/12/11 **176 lodged 22/1/12 **CO 31/1/12 **Meds refd 9/2 finalised 13/2** PCC 20/2 **GRANTED 28/02/2012 **Hubbie leaves July 1st, baby &me Aug 14th

You'll probably relax into it a bit. Most spiders prefer to be outside I think and the ones inside (around here) don't tend to be the ones that will do you serious damage. We have had quite a few house spiders of varying sizes but nothing dangerous (so far - so don't want to tempt anything!).

I was a bit similar when we moved in March but calming down a bit but we'll see how it goes through the summer. I am more wary of snakes to be honest as we have a lot of them around the neighbourhood although they tend to stick more to the properties on acreage/bordering onto bush. One neighbour has only seen 1 in 14 years of living here so I'm trying to keep that in mind.

Snakes......ahhhhhh

I keep thinking because we are curently in CBDthey arent an issue...but sh1t they could be an issue when we move to suburbs.

Im even thinking the fact weve ducted heating theyll be hanging out there too

Are you scared of wasps, bees, hornets, and adders? (I know I was when I lived in England but I rarely saw them, apart from wasps of course.)

Guest chris955

You will unless very lucky see lots of spiders, some very big ones, it just goes with the territory Im afraid.

Guest Longtime Lurker

I hate spiders and snakes too but the reality is they are unlikely to bother you if left alone. You just have to take sensible precautions in the garden if in a more rural area and OH will have to keep the grass cut. Teaching your child from an early age to respect wildlife is not a bad thing to do.

I do not recall there being many posts from other PIOers recounting tales of spiders or snakes lurking around corners waiting to pounce on them so I think you will survive. Relax!

Guest Trueblue22

Just bug bomb the house and make sure you get them sprayed too. You can buy sprays that automatically go off every so often.

You'll be fine......I've seen more spiders here than I've seen in Oz.

Guest chris955
Just bug bomb the house and make sure you get them sprayed too. You can buy sprays that automatically go off every so often.

You'll be fine......I've seen more spiders here than I've seen in Oz.

I dont like the idea of having insecticide sprayed at regular intervals in the house, there is a good reason they kill insects, they are poisonous.

We saw 100's of times more spiders in Australia than we have ever seen here.

Guest Trueblue22
I dont like the idea of having insecticide sprayed at regular intervals in the house, there is a good reason they kill insects, they are poisonous.

We saw 100's of times more spiders in Australia than we have ever seen here.

Well people who are scared of spiders will live with the insecticides won't they. I must have a breeding ground in my house as I've seen no end the last few weeks to the point that they are actually freaking me out! Eurghhhhhhh!!!