Your Favourite Holiday

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen
Me too, Orlando (Disney) was awesome and hard work, but the Maldives (without the kids) was just so relaxing and diving with massive Manta rays was the ultimate highlight :jiggy:

I can't dive health wise, but the Maldives are beautiful. I think Disney is a place you appreciate more when you get home and look back at the photos lol.

Guest The Pom Queen
Best holiday ever was 3 and a half weeks in California, travelling from San Fransisco to Santa Barbara and back through the National parks, no pre-booked accommodation, just stopped where we fancied and I proposed in Santa Barbara....a memorable trip!

Damn and I thought it would have been Melbourne :tongue:

I can't dive health wise, but the Maldives are beautiful. I think Disney is a place you appreciate more when you get home and look back at the photos lol.

That's a shame about the diving, it's like another world down there.

I have to admit really getting into the whole Disney magic thing especially seeing the kids faces at it all and almost cried at having to come home as it was only a week (radio competition winners). That's why we will return for much longer before Oz !

Im going to go with the Maldives aswell, been lucky enough to have been 3 times to different islands that all offered different experiences. I dont dive either but found that just snorkelling in the warm crystal clear waters totally awsome. I dont fish either but loved going out for the day deep sea fishing and also the fun of night fishing.

The accommodation on one of the islands included an outdoor bathroom and just lying out in the bath, gazing up at the sky, watching the fruit bats fly over was magical.

Whoops I should have mentioned Mexico particularly the Yucatan, the fantastic Mayan sites, gorgeous beaches, luscious food and ..................................urrrm superb diving..........................and of course got married there in 2001 (don't tell the missus I missed this one !:embarrassed:)

Love Greece too particularly the smaller less spoilt islands..............such friendly people and lush food !

P.S. Here's one of my videos of the Manta Rays in the Maldives, such majestic creatures

Edited by Chardy

6 weeks in South Africa was amazing so much diversity and a safari is absolutley fabulous so much so i did it twice..Diving in Sodwana swimming with dolphins in the indian ocean in their natural habitat, flinging off a cliff in Oribi gorge largest rope swing in the world, I can go on and on....

Laughing a little at all the Florida Disney replies as i lived in Florida for 12yrs the novelty soon wares off !! Bonus of being a Florida resident is if you have a Florida driving license all the parks are ridiculously cheap... For $60 i had a multi park pass which is valid for 6 months to go to all of the disney attractions as much and as often as you like, wet n wild , disney, Islands of adventure etc, etc. Tourists pay above the odds i think..

This will sound so swotty but my favourite holiday has been Australia! I've been to Orlando and Vienna comes a close second, Rome and Paris, etc., all over Europe. But Australia was the best experience of my life. Not just things like the theme parks or zoos, but just the little things; thunder storms, finding insects I'd only thought I'd see in my wildest dreams killed by the cat on the balcony... so we lodge my visa in the next couple of months hopefully, says it all really!

Motorbike holiday from Triest (NE Italy) down to some of the Croatian isles, beautiful beaches. I felt very far from mundane living, as though I had skipped into another person's life...it was great. Then again I have loved all our diving holidays but more for the underwater world than the hotels/countries. I now want to visit NZ and Tasmania, hopefully NZ soon.

Cuba was amazing. From the beautiful beaches to Havana. It was our last family holiday together when I was 18, before my brother, sister and I settled down with our other halfs etc. The sight of those little wrinkley old ladies with massive havana cigars was crazy! The Havana was full of huge american cadalacs and dramatic buildings but it was all so run down, must have been amazing in times gone by...

Mines was Florida, i'd always wanted to go but we couldnt afford to go as a kid. Even got to go to disneyland - im so glad i went. If i ever have kids i'll be taking them there just to go back haha. Swam with dolphins which i didnt enjoy, didnt feel right. saw lots of nice scenery and even went into the sea - which for me is a achievement since i was crapping myself that jaws would come along lol. got to go to daytona beach etc.

our next big holiday will hopefully be a tour around a few states in america,not sure when tho!

Everybodys holidays sound great

When our kids were growing up we were lucky to be able to afford 'package' holidays, but they were very samey. Now when we are all together and reminising, we talk about things that happened or things we saw, and none of us can agree which holiday or which place it was!

However, for our Silver wedding anniversary, we went to Kenya, the wildlife was amazing, to be so close to a huge male lion, in such good condition, who just stood and looked at us, while we sat in the jeep was amazing!!!!

We followed this with a chill out week on Zanzibar, not fussed on Stone town, not in a hurry to return there.

Guest AKA63029

Small Island called 'Eleuthera' Kate, part of the Bahamas group.

Not expensive, tiny place, the nicest peeps I have ever met.

One set of traffic lights, one shop/supermarket (of sorts) and a 'main' street that looks as if people have been scared away by a rampant disease.

Oh yeah, the Bone fishing isn't bad either.:laugh:

The Maldives ....... wins for me everytime :cool: just so laid back, no distractions, just chilling on the beach with a really good book, and then a quick dip in the Indian Ocean .... I can´t swim so no diving for me, but I do go snorkling with a life jacket on and swimmer very close by .... but even though I can´t swim the Maldives is as close to paradise as I have been :cool:

A memorable 2 weeks in June biking round Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and northern Italy before cutting west through France to a beautiful little barn conversion in the Dordogne where we stayed for a week, rested the bones and sat up late every night on a west facing deck with a stunning view over the valley, drinking marvellous local vino and chomping cheese whilst the bats flitted overhead and the light faded in that fantastic high latitudes June way

1 Indian Ocean Cruise of one month from Thailand to CapeTown(RSA) stopping at the islands enroute. Especially liked La Reunion with its lush countryside and numerous waterfalls and French speaking locals.......but also Seychilles and Mauritius stood out...entire trip was great in fact.

2 Self drive around Germany and especially DDR East Germany, shortly after the Berlin Wall came down. Talk about two worlds in one nation.

3 Self drive around South Africa from CapeTown to Richards Bay (going back to cover more in Nov)

4 First time Greek Island hopping as a 20 year old for an entire summer.(three months+) a complete awakening....a long time ago

5 First experiences as a 21 year old travelling through Asia ...long before Gap Years and sanitized travel....memories that last forever

6 Magic Bus from Victoria Coach Station to Athens for the sheer hell of it.Two nights and three days squashed on an ancient bus breaking down twice enroute.

7 Self drive for two weeks through the North of England in 2010. First time inall places and it is so easy in England to get around. Very pleasant.

Edited by flag of convenience

1. Palma, Mallorca. Our oldest was conceived there...

2. holiday 'home' 2 years ago: staying in a gite in Normandy, surrounded by my family. Magic.

3. week in Cornwall, 5 years ago in may, staying in an old stone cottage, rubbish weather. We had a 'nanna nap' every morning when our little'un had his sleep. It was exactly what we needed at the time