Any advice to prove evidence of skill other than TRA skill assessment for 457? Please help!

Guest robbi9

I’ve lodged onshore 457 visa as a metal fabricator and my company’s nomination has been approved. i have provided my qualification (european diploma in welding) and employment references for relevant experiences for about 2 and a half yrs (2 yrs in Belgium and 6 months in Oz). now the case officer ask me to provide further evidence to prove i have the necessary skills according to ANZSCO, but i’m from belgium there’s no skill asseessment avaivable to me (already called and told by TRA). does that mean my visa will be refused because i don’t have australian qualification or 3 yrs relevant experience (from ANZSCO) is there any other way to prove i have the necessary skills? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

robbi9

Hi,

Could you get and AQF III? My OH did not have any formal qualifcations and so we did an AQF III by recognition of prior learning. Im just about to head off to work but if you look through some of my old threads I have posted the web sites which you can find out about it, if you can't find it I will post's the links tonight.

Tina

I’ve lodged onshore 457 visa as a metal fabricator and my company’s nomination has been approved. i have provided my qualification (european diploma in welding) and employment references for relevant experiences for about 2 and a half yrs (2 yrs in Belgium and 6 months in Oz). now the case officer ask me to provide further evidence to prove i have the necessary skills according to ANZSCO, but i’m from belgium there’s no skill asseessment avaivable to me (already called and told by TRA). does that mean my visa will be refused because i don’t have australian qualification or 3 yrs relevant experience (from ANZSCO) is there any other way to prove i have the necessary skills? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

robbi9

if the Minister requires the applicant to demonstrate that he or she has skills and experience that are suitable to perform the occupation — the applicant demonstrates that he or she has those skills and that experience in the manner specified by the Minister;

Hi,

Could you get and AQF III? My OH did not have any formal qualifcations and so we did an AQF III by recognition of prior learning. Im just about to head off to work but if you look through some of my old threads I have posted the web sites which you can find out about it, if you can't find it I will post's the links tonight.

Tina

Hi Tina,

Thank you for your advice. I haven't been able to find out the website through your old threads but I'll google it and see if I can do that. If you could post the website it'd be really helpful! Thank you so much!! xx

robbi9