Skillselect / EOI : Monthly invitations tracker for 2012

bonza2211

Hi,

Its a great effort. I have a question? The lower points mark for which invitations are sent is occupation specific or is it general? If i want to know what's the current lowest point mark for Software and Application Programmers, is it possible to have this information?

Regards

DIAC determine the total number of 189 and 489 Family sponsored cases to be invited in each round. The highest scoring applicants (with pass mark or better) are then invited up to this number. Occupation is irrelevant unless an Occupational Ceiling is reached in which case it doesn't matter how many points you have score as you cannot be invited until the next program year.

See http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

[h=4]"Independent and family sponsored visas[/h]Invitations will be issued automatically to people with the highest ranking EOIs, subject to occupation ceilings and to those whose points score exceed the current pass mark.

The points test pass mark is the minimum number of points required to receive an invitation. Not all EOIs that meet the points test pass mark will receive an invitation.

The department’s staff will not choose who will receive an invitation. Invitations will be issued regularly, such as every month."

Regards

Are these official figures? Only 32 nurses??!! What hope have i got?!

As per my earlier post your occupation is not relevant to your chance of an invite unless an Occupational Ceiling is reached, what matters is how high your score is compared to other applicants. Do date the lowest score anyone has been ivited for for 189 and 489 FS is 65 (from PIO other posters and reports here http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2012-09/)

Hi bonza

You have indicated grand total of Occupation ceiling as 40560, It's COMPLETELY wrong.

Thanks

Updated.

Total 370560 ceiling and 1158 invites as on 1/9/2012.

Source : http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

[TABLE=width: 407]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl64, width: 138, align: right]370560[/TD]

[TD=class: xl64, width: 180, align: right]1158[/TD]

[TD=class: xl65, width: 89, align: right]0.31%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Are these official figures? Only 32 nurses??!! What hope have i got?!

[TABLE=width: 858]

[TR]

[TD]ANZSCO code[/TD]

[TD]Description[/TD]

[TD]Occupation ceiling[/TD]

[TD]Invitations to 1/09/2012 [/TD]

[TD]% Invited[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2542[/TD]

[TD]Nurse Educators and Researchers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]360[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.00%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2543[/TD]

[TD]Nurse Managers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]900[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2544[/TD]

[TD]Registered Nurses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]13380[/TD]

[TD=align: right]32[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.24%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]3613[/TD]

[TD]Veterinary Nurses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]660[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]3624[/TD]

[TD]Nurserypersons[/TD]

[TD=align: right]360[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.28%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4114[/TD]

[TD]Enrolled and Mothercraft Nurses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1500[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thats 32 of 13380 for registered. Why would this upset you?

What should matter is your Points score and visa sub-class

Because a heck of a lot more than 32 nurses have almost certainly applied. With a ceiling of over 1300 why do they not invite more people? 32 X 12 = 384. What's the point of the ceiling when they take so few people?

They will invite more and more people every round. This time (September) they did 2 rounds of 450 each.

Also they invite the HIGHEST skill-point applications first.

Doesnt matter if there is a ceiling of 50000 Accountants. If the highest point holders ACROSS ALL occupations are 80 points and only 1 of the 50000 accountants has 80 points then only that individual gets selected. Next round if the highest points are 75 points and there are 10 accountants with 75 then 10 get selected.

Obviously there are some discretionary powers that DIAC has but in general this is the system.

It may not be fair or it may seem stupid but the idea is to attract "the best" and they feel this is the most suitable method.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not making a personal attack but it is what it is and theres only so much you can do. Stay positive I find it helps :)

They will invite more and more people every round. This time (September) they did 2 rounds of 450 each.

Also they invite the HIGHEST skill-point applications first.

Doesnt matter if there is a ceiling of 50000 Accountants. If the highest point holders ACROSS ALL occupations are 80 points and only 1 of the 50000 accountants has 80 points then only that individual gets selected. Next round if the highest points are 75 points and there are 10 accountants with 75 then 10 get selected.

Obviously there are some discretionary powers that DIAC has but in general this is the system.

It may not be fair or it may seem stupid but the idea is to attract "the best" and they feel this is the most suitable method.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not making a personal attack but it is what it is and theres only so much you can do. Stay positive I find it helps :)

So taking ur statement into consideration if suppose only people with 70 points are only invited, but suppose in the occupation of " Computer Network Professional" has only few ppl with 80 points, few with 70 and few with 65...........so a person with 65 will be invited during the final stages of the financial year when the occupation ceiling will be freshly updated or will they never be invited ???

Hi Guys, Referring to below report published by DIAC. I am little confused about total number of EOIs and points spread. If you see EOIs summary on top, total EOIs submitted by Aug are more than 10k but "Points Score Spread of EOIs by Visa Category" graph shows not more than 5k total EOIs or it doesn't look to be close to 10k. Is it because this graph only shows three visa categories and rest of the 7k are not highlighted.

Any thoughts? Am i interpreting it wrong?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/pdf/skillselect-activity-summary-august-2012.pdf

Edited by reehan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ravishetty

I would like to know is there any way one would come to know how many EOI have been applied for a particular ANZSCO code for example

1) 2611

Cieling =1800, EOI recieved ? inviation 130

Regards

Ravi

261314 is the occupation code.

In the Occupation ceiling list you need to check the Unit Group 2613 :

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl74, align: center]ANZSCO code

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl75, width: 354, align: center]Description

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl75, width: 109, align: center]Occupation ceiling[/TD]

[TD=class: xl75, width: 116, align: center]Invitations to 1/09/2012 [/TD]

[TD=class: xl76, width: 97, align: center]% Invited[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl69, width: 74, align: center]2613[/TD]

[TD=class: xl67, width: 354, align: center]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: xl67, width: 109, align: center]5160[/TD]

[TD=class: xl67, width: 116, align: center]228[/TD]

[TD=class: xl70, width: 97, align: center]4.42%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hope this helps

Bonza

[TABLE=width: 750]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

P.S. On this link you can view the Major Group --> Unit Group --> Sub-category -->

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/7437179C7B7C1EEECA2575DF002DA5D8?opendocument

I would like to know is there any way one would come to know how many EOI have been applied for a particular ANZSCO code for example

1) 2611

Regards

Ravi

Not that I am aware of. There are some stats on the immigration website but I doubt it is broken down my the occupation

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katie007

SkillSelect Summary August 2012

Jul-12 Aug- 12 Sep-12 Oct-12 Nov-12 Dec-12 Jan-13 Feb-13 Mar-13 Apr-13 May-13 Jun-13 Total

EOIs Submitted 8 261 6 435

Invitations Issued 226 841

EOIs On Hand at 8 035 17 758

Visa Applications Lodged 82

Visas Granted 6

Low % Figures. Less than 2%

Is EOI the Answer???????

Or has the Australian Government made another Boo-Boo?

Guest ravishetty

1) 2611

Regards

Ravi

Not that I am aware of. There are some stats on the immigration website but I doubt it is broken down my the occupation

I got an invitation for code 2611 on 15th October with 65 points, applied for visa. I guess this process on EOI is to speed up the visa process. Anyone who already have their visa after EOI? :).:biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...