You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

GilraenH

Who would you most like to/least like to meet when you get there..........??

When I finally get to Oz (and it is actually looking like it might happen now) I was thinking......who would I most like to sit down with, have a beer and chat to.....

and then who would I least like to...........

I would most like to have that beer with Bobj :yes:..........and least like to meet ..............................................................................................

the Funnel Web Spider :shocked:

What about you?

(RSMS 187) RCB 26.09.2013, Nomination 14.10.2013, Visa re-lodged 27.10.2013 non DRC. Child and Family Health nurse. Low risk country. Nomination and Visa both granted 03.12.2013. :jiggy:

Oh, I'm already here but I've been able to meet a few of the ladies on here which has been nice and when my family went over East Cal and Joanne came down to where we were staying for dinner - we had all got our citizenship within months of each other so we had a celebration.

I think i'd freak out if I met a snake in the wild .. so that would be my "not to meet"

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Oh, I'm already here but I've been able to meet a few of the ladies on here which has been nice and when my family went over East Cal and Joanne came down to where we were staying for dinner - we had all got our citizenship within months of each other so we had a celebration.

I think i'd freak out if I met a snake in the wild .. so that would be my "not to meet"

Congratulations!! snakes might be my second not meet.......:wink:

(RSMS 187) RCB 26.09.2013, Nomination 14.10.2013, Visa re-lodged 27.10.2013 non DRC. Child and Family Health nurse. Low risk country. Nomination and Visa both granted 03.12.2013. :jiggy:

There is a very long list of people I wouldnt like to meet. It gets longer every day...

My Brain Hurts!

Guest AKA63029
When I finally get to Oz (and it is actually looking like it might happen now) I was thinking......who would I most like to sit down with, have a beer and chat to.....

and then who would I least like to...........

I would most like to have that beer with Bobj :yes:..........and least like to meet ..............................................................................................

the Funnel Web Spider :shocked:

What about you?

Bobj would be on my list matey, only because I could nick all the old buggers fishing tackle and Aussie memorabilia though.:laugh:

Least like to meet, funnily enough with ONE exception no one. Would love to see some in their 'real' light, I think.:eek:

Guest AKA63029

I also have a plan.

When all my family have buggered off and left me :cry::laugh: I plan to go around OZ and 'invite' myself around to the members I know,:eek: BUT.

See this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16605[/ATTACH]

This is what I will be wearing.:laugh:

Well Tony I only started with Bobj........I would have got to you and Kate and Ali and Fiona and Loveshoes and so on.....the list is pretty endless and not exclusive :)

Grumble alert!

IMO one of the downsides of CTF is that it can sometimes seem like it's just a handful of posters sharing the same old opinions about the same old topics. It's at its best when there's a real diversity of opinion - people popping up with their 2 cents worth who aren't regulars. That gives it life and makes it much much more interesting. And I think that it's threads like this - and all the others about who you want to have round for dinner etc etc - that suppresses people from joining in. It makes CTF look like an old boys/girls club that is only interested in existing members.

I'm sorry to dump this onto your thread Gilraen 'cos there's been lots of others. And of course it's just my opinion. You can just put me on the 'don't want to meet' list!

Grumble over.

Grumble alert!

IMO one of the downsides of CTF is that it can sometimes seem like it's just a handful of posters sharing the same old opinions about the same old topics. It's at its best when there's a real diversity of opinion - people popping up with their 2 cents worth who aren't regulars. That gives it life and makes it much much more interesting. And I think that it's threads like this - and all the others about who you want to have round for dinner etc etc - that suppresses people from joining in. It makes CTF look like an old boys/girls club that is only interested in existing members.

I'm sorry to dump this onto your thread Gilraen 'cos there's been lots of others. And of course it's just my opinion. You can just put me on the 'don't want to meet' list!

Grumble over.

Everyone's opinion is valuable, thank you for sharing :biggrin: Takes all sorts. I did worry that people would off load about those they didn't like. I am glad that they didn't.

I would like to meet ALL the positive people eventually when I get to Oz because one of the reasons I have no problem in leaving 'here' is that all the general negativity (some people/media etc) sucks the life force out of me...........and I need all my life force to get by lately.

Sorry to have been negative in that case. I hope the move goes brilliantly for you. When I'm in the UK I really miss the positivity and optimism of Australia. Not all see it that way but that's one of the main things I enjoy about being back. I hope you find it that way too.

If ever I win the lottery (it would have to be billions mind you) I would host a PIO Big Bash and pay for everyones flights etc to meet, don't know where UK V Aus ummmmm :wink:

We have so many lovely people on here and even the ones who like to have a little stir I think would be great to meet.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

If ever I win the lottery (it would have to be billions mind you) I would host a PIO Big Bash and pay for everyones flights etc to meet, don't know where UK V Aus ummmmm :wink:

We have so many lovely people on here and even the ones who like to have a little stir I think would be great to meet.

I agree it would be good and how different we all are from our on line personas in person. I am not 38. 22 28 for example :laugh:

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

:laugh:...:notworthy:

Yes I bet there would be a few surprises! :wink:

' Life is but a fleeting moment.....so do not waste a second on something that doesn't make you smile.' :wubclub:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I would like to meet ....... Julia Gillard to on congratulate her on making Australia the best country in the world to live in, in 2012, lol.

Well i'm not going to Aus! There's some people i'd like to meet who are in aus and some that are still in the UK. And I was going to say I wouldn't like to meet a spider or snake too. Which I didn't last time!

Guest Guest16631
Grumble alert!

Grumble over.

i think a lot is when your online.............you see the same posters and have a rapport with them..........I agree it's hard to break into a group.............(the fitting in thread).........addressed this..............even on line to post your view........especially when conflicting........is sometimes difficult...........especially if it feels your the only one with that view point...........a few new people join CTF threads...........but often disappear..........perhaps more pressing matters................there is no one I wouldn't like to meet.............even those I am wary of ...............I would like to meet in the flesh .............to see if my preconcieved idea ......is anything like the real them..........!

Guest Guest16631

.........that's kind Ropey..........and with your sunny disposition you probably would..........trust you to turn this into a weather thread......lol.......!

Guest Shell15

There are more I would like to meet then not..

Agree with Shell, I sometimes look at an avatar and think .... why can´t they live around the corner .....

I think it would be great to have a huge PIO bash somewhere, where basically we don´t say who we are .:wink:... a bit like a masked ball LOL and people try to guess at who we are .:wink:... does that make sense .... oh I am sure someone know´s what I mean ...... wonder how many we would get right ......

fit a boot a poms in oz swinging club? jist an idea?

:biglaugh:

I had 3 attempts are deciphering your comment and then I got it ..... you said ´what about a PIO swingers club´am I right :wink: I couldn´t imagine me doing much swinging about in my current state ....... :laugh:

Guest Shell15
Agree with Shell, I sometimes look at an avatar and think .... why can´t they live around the corner .....

I think it would be great to have a huge PIO bash somewhere, where basically we don´t say who we are .:wink:... a bit like a masked ball LOL and people try to guess at who we are .:wink:... does that make sense .... oh I am sure someone know´s what I mean ...... wonder how many we would get right ......

I agree, would be fun to try and work out who we think is who.. we would probably befriend the ones on here who wind us up the most! lol how funny..