wanted down under

Guest talisman

Guest talisman

Hi, just want to say on the wanted down under programme, they never seem to want to go .Wish they would put us in programme we cant wait. They should look on here and find real wannabe poms! wish they would get a move on with our visa.

jane:SLEEP:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, just want to say on the wanted down under programme, they never seem to want to go .Wish they would put us in programme we cant wait. They should look on here and find real wannabe poms! wish they would get a move on with our visa.

jane:SLEEP:

I said that the other day... they all seem to be really dispondent..... last series was much more 'up-beat'..

min x:wubclub:

thats how its portrayed ,we filmed the pilot episode of the first series and it came across negative because they played on my fear of creepy crawlies,they even had my son saying ,''we wont move now'' when all along id said the crawlies wouldnt stop me,never,ever !!lol.They air whats good for viewing numbers and negativity is!!!

Cal x

Guest FamFive

Hi Jane

My thoughts too! Where do they get the people from, and most of the blokes have been house husbands too.

Some user on pomsinoz, did say they applied but did not hear anythig back from the bbc.

If anyone has missed wanted down under, due to working just log on to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and you can watch the last seven days of any programme.

EllieNLee

:wubclub::cool:

Thanks for that FamFive - fed up with telling my hubby - he can watch after work, although why bother. I think you watch the programme to get an idea of what it's like in Aus (as we haven't been) , but I have to agree with it not really being much help. I have felt quite depressed as they seem to show you how wonderful it is and then like a blow at the end remind you of the reality of leaving family behind! What a note to leave on. They convice you it's great and then your left with that horrible thought of goodbyes! They often decide they don't like the job so that's that don't want to go - what about all the other jobs there are out there! This series has been a disappointment and I do think last year was better. Oh well best to see it for ourselves I suppose.

I think the young bloke on today's (Tuesday) programme might have gone to WA if he'd just been moving from one company to another but he's the boss (or son of the boss) with his UK job. His wife was really enthusiastic I know. I enjoy watching as it shows the negatives as well as the positives (but I HATE that music between each segment) I did not fancy any of those homes either, beautiful but sterile and stuck out in the suburbs, no sea breeze as he noticed so even hotter than hell. Some of those homes can feel like open prisons with no bus service, two miles to the nearest shops. That's why I like to live close to the city with bus and train on my doorstep. I thought Napier in NZ looked interesting yesterday.

It makes me gag when they turn their noses up at some of the propertys wich are lush and you know their never going to have a house like that back home but i wish they would show some houses that were at the start of the ladder as im sure like us not every one is going over there with a small fortune. I don't think its very realistic but i love watching it just to get a glimpse at stuff, can't help getting excited. I love the vids at the end when they all start crying after a week away when their going home anyway oooo the trauma of it all. Just imagine how they would be if they had to do it for real, its utter poop but so entertaining, better than neighbours even.

John.

Guest leanneandmark

The bloke today had no intention of moving !!! Just wanted a free holiday:arghh:. I think ur right they shud check out these forums for future applications.

Guest FamFive

I know bernie, good job we have made our minds up! Otherwise would be off putting. I would be interested in how we all started from in deciding to move to australia! will put a new thread out to ask all...

EllieNLee

:wubclub::cool:

Guest the terry's

Hi guys, thought i'd add my two pence worth. This series has been a big disappointment all round. I have watched this series so far and last years, and in comparison your right it did seem that most didn't want to go or changed their mind because of job off. Houses don't get me started on houses. I don't understand why they would show people what they don't want, take the Geelong one, fancy showing people a 3 bed instead of a 4 bed which they wanted, or like today showing them something that is out of their reach or just in reach if they stretch themselves, WHAT IS THE POINT ?

When looking at the houses look in other areas as well that are nearby not just in one particular place just like you would if you were househunting here, and the same for jobs, if you don't like the one you've been offered find one that you will. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE !!!!!

And to end rant only go for houses you know you can afford and don't stretch yourself, as people say you never know what's round the corner !.

Rant over,

Helen.

Guest jogrant3232

I thought WDU was great today. She was desperate to go and he would be leaving a fab Job with fab money. Its very hard as i know money isnt everything but you carnt get by without it, as I somtimes panic thinking will OH get a job as good as he has got now??

Thought i may aswell add my comments!

I live in Cairns and was on the show last week that Adam and Ruth were on. I work as an electrician and adam is a sparky in the uk. My boss signed up for adam to be filmed with us. Firstly i would like to point out me and my work mate made a big point when they filmed us about how hard it is for tradsmen to get there licences when they get here. That is all we went on about and all they did was cut it out and show my backside 3 times when i was working up the ladder:err:and the only other thing they showed was the bit when my mate said we'r home by 3:15 and in the pool having a beer? wish that was true! They only show what they want joe public to here, not the dark side of coming to oz.

All i can say is sorry guys but we did try!

I will say Ruth and Adam are moving here and Adam has a job to come to when he arrives with my boss.

Stu

Ali

I think you could be right ! We cannot wait to go. Heading to your city (large town really ?!) in September hopefully. Have to sell the house and secure a job down underfirst but definately heading to Perth whatever obstacles get in the way.

The latest Wanted Down Under series has been annoying as at least one of the couple or the irritating teenager in tow has clearly not wanted to go from the outset. I am amazed how they lookat the Oz houses and moan about the size of the pool or the second bedroom is too small, etc when the couple currently live in a cramped three bed semi in Crawley, Luton or some other over populated and congested place in the UK !

One of the couples on the last series emigrated to Perth in May of last year I am told and are having a great time. we are looking forward to next Xmas in the sunshine.

You seem to be having a great time.

Regards

Spike

Got to see Youngy I thought he would be a grumpy grizzler were you the one in the lurid shorts if not I missed you :shocked:

No i had grey shorts on, that sounds like our apprentice! If you looked close enough he had thongs (flip flops) aswell. Iv not seen it yet but i have been told all you see is my arse 3 times?????

as calngary said they edit it for theyre own reasons, thats the BBC for you! i was on life of grime a couple of years ago (im was an environmenmtal officer at the time) and it was the exact same they totally edited it aswell which made situations different to what they actually were! who cares anyhow we all want to go anyway , tho it would be nice to actually see spmeone with some get up and go and enthusiam!!

Damn I missed it better watch it on iplayer :yes::swoon: you say you can see it 3 times :shocked: get the popcorn ready !!!!!

Ye and the funny thing was my boss said all the way back to the workshop in the car the director never shut up about me! Think i might have pulled!:biglaugh: Better not tell the girlfriend that though!

I agree that this time generally (with a few exceptions) people have not been giving it their all.

However, the woman today - the single mum was an inspiration, but WHY did they show her houses that she could not afford to live in and a house that you wouldn't get anyone to live in. Her boys were sooooo sweet. Would love to hear how she gets on.

Guest MariAndyok

She was such an inspiration. I would offer to look after her kids for nothing if I were going to Melbourne. They were great also.:smile:

Hi guys' date=' thought i'd add my two pence worth. This series has been a big disappointment all round. I have watched this series so far and last years, and in comparison your right it did seem that most didn't want to go or changed their mind because of job off. Houses don't get me started on houses. I don't understand why they would show people what they don't want, take the Geelong one, fancy showing people a 3 bed instead of a 4 bed which they wanted, or like today showing them something that is out of their reach or just in reach if they stretch themselves, WHAT IS THE POINT ?

When looking at the houses look in other areas as well that are nearby not just in one particular place just like you would if you were househunting here, and the same for jobs, if you don't like the one you've been offered find one that you will. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE !!!!!

And to end rant only go for houses you know you can afford and don't stretch yourself, as people say you never know what's round the corner !.

Rant over,

Helen.[/quote']

HEAR HEAR

The oldgit

Guest Angelcake
I agree that this time generally (with a few exceptions) people have not been giving it their all.

However, the woman today - the single mum was an inspiration, but WHY did they show her houses that she could not afford to live in and a house that you wouldn't get anyone to live in. Her boys were sooooo sweet. Would love to hear how she gets on.

Totally agree! She had the right attitude (even managed to laugh when they showed her that dirty dump of a house) and was such a strong, lovely lady and her boys were adorable.

If anyone can make a go of it Im sure she can!

A

Archived