OH NO PANICKING NOW

Guest nicky m

Guest nicky m

Hi everyone,

Please could someone give me some information.

I have been quite happily going along with my application for sponsored migration and was told it was for a permanent residency.

Have been for medicals today.

Just read another thread which made it look like all sponsored migrations are for temporary visa and then if being sponsored for permanent residency from the onset you can apply for permanent residency as soon as arrive in australia rather than waiting.

If this is correct then that means will have to re-do medicals etc in australia incurring more costs and the risk of being rejected once already sold up in england, which is what we wanted to avoid.

Another thing is that we only chose to go to NSW as they were the only place to offer permanent residency from the onset, if we knew that we would have to re-do all medicals etc anyway then we would have gone on a temporary sponsorship and gone to perth.

Am worried now as already paid for everything, just my flamin luck to read that thread just after doin medicals. Thanks

Nicky x

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi everyone,

Please could someone give me some information.

I have been quite happily going along with my application for sponsored migration and was told it was for a permanent residency.

Have been for medicals today.

Just read another thread which made it look like all sponsored migrations are for temporary visa and then if being sponsored for permanent residency from the onset you can apply for permanent residency as soon as arrive in australia rather than waiting.

If this is correct then that means will have to re-do medicals etc in australia incurring more costs and the risk of being rejected once already sold up in england, which is what we wanted to avoid.

Another thing is that we only chose to go to NSW as they were the only place to offer permanent residency from the onset, if we knew that we would have to re-do all medicals etc anyway then we would have gone on a temporary sponsorship and gone to perth.

Am worried now as already paid for everything, just my flamin luck to read that thread just after doin medicals. Thanks

Nicky x

HI NickyM

Relax and don't panic, hunny. The sub-clas 139 visa is changing from a permanent to a temporary visa with effect from 1st July 2006. However, all applications for 139 received by DIMA on or before 30th June will still lead to permanent visas.

As far as I know, 139 is the only (or at any rate, the only popular) visa-class that is set to become temporary from permanent. And even that isn't as bad as it sounds because there are provisions for upgrading the visa to a permanent one after two years.

Which visa have you applied for?

Gill

Guest nicky m

HI Gill,

Thanks for the reply. The visa i have applied for is the 47ES, being sponsored for permanent residency (rather than being sponsored for temporary visa). I think the title could also be ENS employer nomination scheme.

The temporary visa is where you can upgrade to permanent visa after two years i think, but have to re-do medicals and send in another application form. It is this which we were hoping to avoid, since my husband has had problems with his knee and we diddn't want to risk a refusal once moved over.

I'm really hoping that i havent got my wires crossed and that all is meant by them saying i'm sponsored for permanent visa from the onset is that i can start applying for it as soon as arrive is oz rather than waiting for two years. I do not want to spend more money and re-do medicals etc.

Oh, now i'm sweating !!!!

Nicky x

Guest Gollywobbler
HI Gill,

Thanks for the reply. The visa i have applied for is the 47ES, being sponsored for permanent residency (rather than being sponsored for temporary visa). I think the title could also be ENS employer nomination scheme.

The temporary visa is where you can upgrade to permanent visa after two years i think, but have to re-do medicals and send in another application form. It is this which we were hoping to avoid, since my husband has had problems with his knee and we diddn't want to risk a refusal once moved over.

I'm really hoping that i havent got my wires crossed and that all is meant by them saying i'm sponsored for permanent visa from the onset is that i can start applying for it as soon as arrive is oz rather than waiting for two years. I do not want to spend more money and re-do medicals etc.

Oh, now i'm sweating !!!!

Nicky x

Hi Nicky

I'm sorry. I'm now out of my depth with your query. My own involvement with Austraian visas is Parent & Conrtributory Parent visas, and tourist visas for the said parents.

I would suggest that you re-post your question on the Immigration forum on British Expats, because it is a much bigger, busier forum than this one and several good Migration Agents are regular contributors to it. I think that if you do this, somebody can probably answer your question accurately during the course of today or tomorrow, so that your concern can be dealt with quickly.

I think the url is http://www.britishexpats.com but if that doesn't work, a Google search should produce it.

Good luck & I hope you will be given good news

Gill

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Nicky

A few questions

- Are you being sponsored by an employer or family

- Where is your sponsors located

- Do you know which number visa it is (457, 138, 139)

Thanks and I will try to assist

Phil

Guest ABCDiamond
The visa i have applied for is the 47ES, being sponsored for permanent residency (rather than being sponsored for temporary visa). I think the title could also be ENS employer nomination scheme.

Ive just looked at form 47ES, which advises reading the Booklet 5, Employer Sponsored Migration.

The first statement says that the applicant is applying to migrate or remain permanently in Australia.

On page 4 it refers to applicants using this form, whilst already in Australia, and it states that they MUST already have a Temp visa, if they wish to use the form 47ES from within the country.

My reading of this is that you have applied for a Permanent Visa, and not Temporary, however, the visa can be cancelled if you are not genuine in your intention to complete the 2 year contract with the employer.

But as Phil says, quoting your actual visa number may clarify it better.

Guest choobs
HI Gill,

I would suggest that you re-post your question on the Immigration forum on British Expats, because it is a much bigger, busier forum than this one and several good Migration Agents are regular contributors to it. I think that if you do this, somebody can probably answer your question accurately during the course of today or tomorrow, so that your concern can be dealt with quickly.

Woaaah! Not so quick to send people off to That Other Site! :) The rest of us might be able to help :)

Choobs

Guest scoop
nicky m wrote:

HI Gill,

Woaaah! Not so quick to send people off to That Other Site! The rest of us might be able to help

Choobs

Hi Guys

Don't know why I do it but have just been on BE again. Now I feel down and angry! They all seem to have a go at one another, there seems to be such little support for one another! There are some nice guys whom I have been fortunate enough to chat to but they seem few and far between.

I love Poms me, Tim don't change too much please?

Regards

SCoop

x

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi SCoop

Still not clear - do you have an employer who is offering you a permanent or temporary position. 47ES would suggest an Employer Nominated Visa. Do you have an offer letter.

Phil

Guest nicky m

Hi all,

I think its okay. spoken to agent who said i am going on pr no need for more meds etc.

thanks anyway.

nicky

Archived